Jim the Moron

G7 palaver

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 am

President Trump's diplomatic parting-shot at the other delegates:

"Eat pond scum and die, you mothers . . ."

Sertorio

Re: G7 palaver

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Hopefully the US will go back to being a strict isolationist country, so that the rest of the world may have some peace...

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:24 pm

Trump signed a communique and then disparaged it. He got the attention he wanted and his supporters got their headline.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:10 pm

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... revolting/

EU President Donald Tusk Worries About “New World Order” Being Dismantled – The Peasants are Revolting…

“It must be always be remembered; there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”

― Niccolò Machiavelli
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 pm

Yep. If one is content, for whatever reasons, with the "Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama legacy," then I suppose it is entertaining to take pot shots at the buffoonish Trumpster. But for those of us who wish for change, any change, in US foreign and domestic policies, Trumpian rhetoric is welcome.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 pm
Yep. If one is content, for whatever reasons, with the "Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama legacy," then I suppose it is entertaining to take pot shots at the buffoonish Trumpster. But for those of us who wish for change, any change, in US foreign and domestic policies, Trumpian rhetoric is welcome.
I'm so picky that I'd prefer change that actually makes things better rather than change that makes things worse, but maybe that's just me....
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:40 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:40 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
I'm so picky that I'd prefer change that actually makes things better rather than change that makes things worse, but maybe that's just me....
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:40 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
The "new system" which Trump represents looks a lot like the black plague of the Middle Ages... Only rats profit from it...

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:09 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:40 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:
The "new system" which Trump represents looks a lot like the black plague of the Middle Ages... Only rats profit from it...
Monica Crowley explains it well

BTW I wouldn't have guessed that you like Angela Merkel so much.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Admit it Jim: in foreign policy the USA has behaved like a rudderless ship ever since the end of the cold war. It is still doing so today.

US policymakers are clueless about how to behave in a world where there is no "evil empire" on the horizon to threaten the US with obliteration.