Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Discussion of current events
Milo

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Milo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:47 am

Facebook under fire after Canadian whistle-blower Chris Wylie reveals abuse of data of tens of millions of users

"After recent revelations about social-media meddling by Russian government agents in the U.S. presidential election, the California social-media giant had already been facing questions about whether it can shield its two billion active users from political manipulations and privacy invasions.

The latest revelations add fuel to that fire. Democratic Senator Amy Klobuchar of the judiciary committee publicly demanded that Mr. Zuckerberg appear before her group to explain “what Facebook knew about misusing data from 50 million Americans in order to target political advertising and manipulate voters.”"

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... e-reveals/

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Lt. Col. Ralph Peters says he's 'ashamed' of Fox News and leaves his role as analyst

Retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, a longtime analyst for Fox News, told colleagues he is done with the network he says has become "a propaganda machine" for President Trump.

Peters said in an email first reported Tuesday by BuzzFeed that he chose not to renew his contract as a paid contributor with Fox News on March 1 because he was "ashamed" of the network.

He said the 21st Century Fox-owned cable channel has gone from being a valuable conservative voice to "assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

"When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of 'deep-state' machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," Peters wrote. "To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywo ... story.html

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:28 pm

These days, it is so hard to know where the truth lies. Only time will tell. I believe the truth will eventually come out.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:28 pm
These days, it is so hard to know where the truth lies. Only time will tell. I believe the truth will eventually come out.
Really? It's hard to know whether Russia interferened in the 2016 US election? I don't find it hard at all. What is so hard about it?

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:47 am
cassowary wrote:
Really? It's hard to know whether Russia interferened in the 2016 US election? I don't find it hard at all. What is so hard about it?
It was very minimal, and has gone in in nearly every election of the last 100 years. Plus not just the Russians. Unless of course you would care to show EXACT evidence of Trump-Russia collusion. So far I have seen nothing but wild speculation based on behavior that is perfectly normal for US politics. Though there is quite a bit of evidence of HIllary-Obama-Russia collusion to interfere with the 2016 election.

https://saraacarter.com/ex-british-spy- ... different/

Ex-British Spy Knew Who Funded Dossier; FBI Told Secret Court Something Different

The DC establish is highly corrupt itself, and as we have seen, quite resistant to change.

https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Empires-A ... 0062569368
Secret Empires: How the American Political Class Hides Corruption and Enriches Family and Friends
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
I was not referring to that. I was referring to the Trump-Russia collusion. The left's narrative is that Trump colluded with the Russians. The right's narrative was that the collusion was cooked up by a cabal of "deep state" leftists who want to help Clinton to win and failing that to derail his Presidency by investigating non-collusion.

Fox goes by the latter narrative which Oliver North disagrees with. Part of that narrative is that people in the FBI and Justice department were abusing their power to make trouble for Trump. North believes that is a fantasy and also believe that the FBI are basically sound and not biased.

That is why I say that it is hard to know where the truth lies. Switch on Fox and you get one narrative. Switch on CNN and you get the other.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:48 pm
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:
I was not referring to that. I was referring to the Trump-Russia collusion. The left's narrative is that Trump colluded with the Russians. The right's narrative was that the collusion was cooked up by a cabal of "deep state" leftists who want to help Clinton to win and failing that to derail his Presidency by investigating non-collusion.

Fox goes by the latter narrative which Oliver North disagrees with. Part of that narrative is that people in the FBI and Justice department were abusing their power to make trouble for Trump. North believes that is a fantasy and also believe that the FBI are basically sound and not biased.

That is why I say that it is hard to know where the truth lies. Switch on Fox and you get one narrative. Switch on CNN and you get the other.
Are you saying that all of the Republicans who think there is collusion are leftist?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 am
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Are you saying that all of the Republicans who think there is collusion are leftist?
No. But they bought into the leftist narrative. By the way, which Republican believes that Trump colluded with the Russians?

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm

cassowary wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:57 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:58 am
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
cassowary wrote:

No. But they bought into the leftist narrative. By the way, which Republican believes that Trump colluded with the Russians?
According to Doc, Mueller.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:32 pm

Mueller hasn't found anything yet.