Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Discussion of current events
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 2049
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by cassowary » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’
Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

But as the snow piled up, the climate change claims were adjusted and cold and snow were added to the list of things caused by “global warming.” See: Warmists Wheel Out “Record Cold Due To Global Warming” Argument Again
In 2010, Gore claimed “increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with… man-made global warming.”
Predictions of less snow and less severe winters were hammered into the public by global warming scientists. But once that predictions failed to come true, the opposite of what they predicted instead became—what they expected.
Hahaha. Global warming is causing global cooling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

neverfail
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm
Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’
Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

But as the snow piled up, the climate change claims were adjusted and cold and snow were added to the list of things caused by “global warming.” See: Warmists Wheel Out “Record Cold Due To Global Warming” Argument Again
In 2010, Gore claimed “increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with… man-made global warming.”
Predictions of less snow and less severe winters were hammered into the public by global warming scientists. But once that predictions failed to come true, the opposite of what they predicted instead became—what they expected.
Hahaha. Global warming is causing global cooling. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not as outrageous as it sounds cassowary.

To make snow you need more than just seasonal cold weather. You also need water vapour in the atmosphere for cooling temperatures to make the snow crystals out of. So if increased surface temperatures on the global ocean lead to more moisture ascending into the atmosphere, it stands to reason that in the winter snowbound parts of our planet they should receive heavier snowfalls.

Same cause as more violent wind and rain storms (hurricanes, typhoons etc) in the humid tropical regions.

Were I Al Gore however I would be wary of assuming the role of prophet of things to come.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Milo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 pm
Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’
Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

But as the snow piled up, the climate change claims were adjusted and cold and snow were added to the list of things caused by “global warming.” See: Warmists Wheel Out “Record Cold Due To Global Warming” Argument Again
In 2010, Gore claimed “increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with… man-made global warming.”
Predictions of less snow and less severe winters were hammered into the public by global warming scientists. But once that predictions failed to come true, the opposite of what they predicted instead became—what they expected.
Hahaha. Global warming is causing global cooling. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not as outrageous as it sounds cassowary.

To make snow you need more than just seasonal cold weather. You also need water vapour in the atmosphere for cooling temperatures to make the snow crystals out of. So if increased surface temperatures on the global ocean lead to more moisture ascending into the atmosphere, it stands to reason that in the winter snowbound parts of our planet they should receive heavier snowfalls.

Same cause as more violent wind and rain storms (hurricanes, typhoons etc) in the humid tropical regions.

Were I Al Gore however I would be wary of assuming the role of prophet of things to come.
As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1551
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:30 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows.
No. It snows when warm moist air meets cold, dry air. If the warm front is advancing it gets warmer, if the cold front is advancing, it gets colder...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:16 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Were I Al Gore however I would be wary of assuming the role of prophet of things to come.
Except he's parlayed that into a giant house and a private jet, so whatever he is, he's not stupid.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:54 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:16 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Were I Al Gore however I would be wary of assuming the role of prophet of things to come.
Except he's parlayed that into a giant house and a private jet, so whatever he is, he's not stupid.
He grew up wealthy. He is also a complete fraud

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2000/01 ... -petroleum
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1246
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Milo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:30 am
Milo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows.
No. It snows when warm moist air meets cold, dry air. If the warm front is advancing it gets warmer, if the cold front is advancing, it gets colder...
No. It always gets warmer because of the energy released when the water goes from vapour to solid.

Also weather is not climate and I was poking fun at the fools who confuse them; welcome to the club.

neverfail
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: two weather extremes.

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:19 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows.
:D

As anyone who lives in a warm climate south of the equator knows: when you get record snowfalls up where you are, it still does not spare us from suffering record heat wave high temperatures down here where we are.

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weath ... 0etl6.html

(P.S. Just because Australia is currently hot stuff does not necessarily make Canada a cool place to be right now. :lol: )

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1551
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:27 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:39 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:30 am
Milo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 pm

As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows.
No. It snows when warm moist air meets cold, dry air. If the warm front is advancing it gets warmer, if the cold front is advancing, it gets colder...
No. It always gets warmer because of the energy released when the water goes from vapour to solid.

Also weather is not climate and I was poking fun at the fools who confuse them; welcome to the club.
You are wrong, but that's fine with me. Besides, weather may not be climate, but when you say:

"As anyone who lives in a cold climate knows, it warms up when it snows."

You are drawing a weather conclusion from a climate situation... :twisted:

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 am

Global warming Caused Altitude Sickness
The Ocean Floor Is Sinking Due To Additional Water Weight From Melting Glaciers
8 January 2018, 7:34 am EST By Allan Adamson Tech Times
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Post Reply