Spengler on black rage

neverfail

Re: Spengler on black rage

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:52 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:09 am

That's how I understood it.

He pointed out that blacks are 1000 times more likely to be killed by their fellow blacks than by a racist cop. Yet they get angry at a killing by a bad cop when they keep silent over the thousands who died at the hands of a fellow black.

He pointed out that blacks do not do well, with high failure rates in the university despite nearly similar admission rates (likely do to affirmative action) as whites. This, according to Spengler, leads to humiliation. So they riot when a rare bad cop unjustly killed a black man.

So they need to blame racism for their failure. Recognising that its their own fault is too humiliating.
Now that you have replaced a slogan with an explanation your contention make a lot more sense.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:49 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:52 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:09 am

That's how I understood it.

He pointed out that blacks are 1000 times more likely to be killed by their fellow blacks than by a racist cop. Yet they get angry at a killing by a bad cop when they keep silent over the thousands who died at the hands of a fellow black.

He pointed out that blacks do not do well, with high failure rates in the university despite nearly similar admission rates (likely do to affirmative action) as whites. This, according to Spengler, leads to humiliation. So they riot when a rare bad cop unjustly killed a black man.

So they need to blame racism for their failure. Recognising that its their own fault is too humiliating.
Now that you have replaced a slogan with an explanation your contention make a lot more sense.
The association of the riots with the incident is weak as it turns out that there is a personal feud of some sort between Chopin and Floyd so that there is a basis for murder in the first degree accusation. The rioting has more to do with bad leadership over dacades of black communities and anarchists who rode the wave. Either way America has been dealing poorly wit the social issues between blacks and others ethnic groups. The problem is complicated by the political issues and cultural trends of blacks.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:49 am

dagbay wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:49 am

The association of the riots with the incident is weak as it turns out that there is a personal feud of some sort between Chopin and Floyd so that there is a basis for murder in the first degree accusation. The rioting has more to do with bad leadership over dacades of black communities and anarchists who rode the wave. Either way America has been dealing poorly wit the social issues between blacks and others ethnic groups. The problem is complicated by the political issues and cultural trends of blacks.
Hi Dagbay, welcome back.

I do not disagree with a single word that you have published above. I would like to suggest that there is another "complicating factor" that you have not taken into account.

Government everywhyere is supposed to exist to solve problems but as one of our leading news editors out here recently pointed out; in the USA government simply allows problems to accumulate.

It is not just black politics that is remiss. Your whole system of government cries out for root and branch reform - as I have argued for years.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:49 am
dagbay wrote:

Hi Dagbay, welcome back.

I do not disagree with a single word that you have published above. I would like to suggest that there is another "complicating factor" that you have not taken into account.

Government everywhyere is supposed to exist to solve problems but as one of our leading news editors out here recently pointed out; in the USA government simply allows problems to accumulate.

It is not just black politics that is remiss. Your whole system of government cries out for root and branch reform - as I have argued for years.
Government always looks for patches to as temporary solutions to problems.
Fixing problems usually requires a lot more effort and long term planning which democracy does not allow.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:56 pm

dagbay wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 am
neverfail wrote:
dagbay wrote:

Hi Dagbay, welcome back.

Fixing problems usually requires a lot more effort and long term planning which democracy does not allow.

Please do not confuse "democracy" with American tradition dagbay. The two might somewhat overlap in your country but are still not conceptionally the same.

Examples from (ex-US) functioning democracies abroad I could quote prove that democracies, when well structured, can indeed solve " problems that require a lot more effort and long term planning."

I have argued that your US system incorporates such a ramshackle complex of checks and balances that it is a wonder that government there can ever do anything posative at all.

Long overdue for root-and-branch structural reform, don't you think?

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:56 pm
dagbay wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 am
neverfail wrote:
dagbay wrote:

Hi Dagbay, welcome back.

Please do not confuse "democracy" with American tradition dagbay. The two might somewhat overlap in your country but are still not conceptionally the same.

Examples from (ex-US) functioning democracies abroad I could quote prove that democracies, when well structured, can indeed solve " problems that require a lot more effort and long term planning."

I have argued that your US system incorporates such a ramshackle complex of checks and balances that it is a wonder that government there can ever do anything posative at all.

Long overdue for root-and-branch structural reform, don't you think?
No Neverfail, I do not think that a major overhaul is desirable in the USA. Rather, it is best if the Republic remains with the government branches reverting to their original mandatedo rolls. In my opinion the current chaos is a result of polarization and overreach of government organs.. Further, the rarity of constitutional conferences which were defined precisely to resolve such deviation from the founding framework as it exists today.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 am

dagbay wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 am

No Neverfail, I do not think that a major overhaul is desirable in the USA. Rather, it is best if the Republic remains with the government branches reverting to their original mandatedo rolls. In my opinion the current chaos is a result of polarization and overreach of government organs.. Further, the rarity of constitutional conferences which were defined precisely to resolve such deviation from the founding framework as it exists today.
I disagree absolutely.

The world is no longer living in the late 18th century. Solutions that might have worked then do not work today.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 am
dagbay wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 am

I disagree absolutely.

The world is no longer living in the late 18th century. Solutions that might have worked then do not work today.
The principals of the Republic are in my view timeless. The implementation may differ. The Republic federal government structure of 3 limited branches is still practical but the system must correct for the overreach and the ineptitude which mark our time. In summary minor technical changes may be justified.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:37 pm

dagbay wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:30 am

The principals of the Republic are in my view timeless. The implementation may differ. The Republic federal government structure of 3 limited branches is still practical but the system must correct for the overreach and the ineptitude which mark our time. In summary minor technical changes may be justified.
Do you really believe that a "back to the Future" plunge back into late 18th century is going to remedy thye problems that rack the USA today?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:10 pm

I believe that this was the pet argument put up by the Confererate states back in 1861 to justify their defection from the American union. That soverignty was vested in the individual states and that the US Federal Republic was therefore a free association of soverign states (i.e. a confederacy instead of a federation) from which any member stste had the right to withdraw.

Did it not occur to those retards down in Mississippi that when their forefathers lost the civil war they also lost the argument?
While most people seem to think that secession of the Southern States was all about slavery, in fact it was all about States rights. As such secession was a perfectly legitimate decision, and faced as we are with increasing government centralism, I think we should show a bit more sympathy for such a secession. Unfortunately the slavery issue has led many of us to forget the justice of the States rights issue.

The South may have lost the war, but it certainly did not lose the argument. Today, as then, federal dominion should be resisted. That's why I defend a Confederation for Europe, but not a federation.