Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: I wish everybody safety in the midst of the Wuhan virus

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:51 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:18 am

I am OK. We stocked up on food lasting 2 weeks. My daughter is a doctor. She is working on the frontline treating covid 19 patients. Our government asked Singapore students studying overseas to return.

They were given court orders to self quarantine at home for two weeks. One got bored and went to the disco. After that, all had to be quarantined in hotels. There is still no lock-down but I expect one to come. Most infections are imported cases.

My boys are working in London, the eye of the storm.
May God protect you and your entire family Cassowary. Such is my prayer.
I do not pray, but I share in the same wishes.

Doc

Re: Oxford study: Virus spread to half of British population

Post by Doc » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:59 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:00 pm
Because testing regimens across the world have varied tremendously, the actual mortality and hospitalization rates of COVID-19 have been hard to pin down. But modeling by researchers at the University of Oxford could provide some welcome good news, even if the initial takeaway doesn’t seem so promising. According to hypothetical modeling from Oxford’s Evolutionary Ecology of Infectious Disease lab, half of the population of the United Kingdom may have already been infected with the coronavirus. If this modeling is confirmed in follow-up studies, that a minuscule number of those infected require hospital treatment, with a majority showing very minor symptoms, or none at all.
This is probably true. If Prince Charles can get infected, then a lot of people have already been infected. This is actually good news. It means that the disease is not so life threatening.
The question has never been if Covid 19 is a threat to our collective survival. It isn't. The question is whether we want to protect our elderly and sick or not. Lockdown is not meant to protect the lives of the younger and healthier people, but to protect the old and infirm. And the price we are paying is a severe economic downturn. We are paying the price of being (relatively) civilized...
Reports are that 48% of those that need to be hospitalized are under 50. I assume mostly to get oxygen and drip anti-biotics.

Spain just added 6667 cases with 442 dead and 1648 recovered.

It is pretty clear that in the US the virus is wide spread. Not a good sign considering there is only about 70K cases so far.
casesUSA.jpg
casesUSA.jpg (103.47 KiB) Viewed 204 times
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:23 am

I tried to buy it from our local pharmacy but I couldn't because I needed a prescription. As a soldier in Africa I took chloroquine for quite sometime, without any problems, so I feel I can take the decision of taking it now on my own, if I develop the coronavirus symptoms. But the "system" prevents me doing so. If I die because of this, nobody will give a damn... Not even Cass... :D
Aw, don't say that. I like you.
The Imp :D

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:18 am

I am OK. We stocked up on food lasting 2 weeks. My daughter is a doctor. She is working on the frontline treating covid 19 patients. Our government asked Singapore students studying overseas to return.

They were given court orders to self quarantine at home for two weeks. One got bored and went to the disco. After that, all had to be quarantined in hotels. There is still no lock-down but I expect one to come. Most infections are imported cases.

My boys are working in London, the eye of the storm.
May God protect you and your entire family Cassowary. Such is my prayer.
Thank you Neverfail. We are all in this together. I pray for the safety of you and your family as well as all here.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:42 am

If you want to get really scared, read this:
Why France is hiding a cheap and tested virus cure

What’s going on in the fifth largest economy in the world arguably points to a major collusion scandal in which the French government is helping Big Pharma to profit from the expansion of Covid-19. Informed French citizens are absolutely furious about it.

My initial question to a serious, unimpeachable Paris source, jurist Valerie Bugault, was about the liaisons dangereuses between Macronism and Big Pharma and especially about the mysterious “disappearance” – more likely outright theft – of all the stocks of chloroquine in possession of the French government.

Respected Professor Christian Perronne talked about the theft live in one of France’s 24/7 info channels: “The central pharmacy for the hospitals announced today that they were facing a total rupture of stocks, that they were pillaged.”

(...)

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/why-franc ... irus-cure/