Discussion of current events
Milo

Re: Cuba Has an Antiviral Capable of Fighting COVID 19

Post by Milo » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:27 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 pm
Hasn't Australia found a cure for Covid-19???.......
https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2020 ... virus.html
Still testing it. "Watch this space".
There’s two kinds.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:34 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Isn't a standard Malaria drug effective against Nineteen? Dennis Prager got wind of this on his radio show and worked himself into such a snit I've never heard before. Hasn't Australia found a cure for Covid-19???.......

It was Tucker Carlson wut started it.....'>.....
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Isn't a standard Malaria drug effective against Nineteen? Dennis Prager got wind of this on his radio show and worked himself into such a snit I've never heard before. Hasn't Australia found a cure for Covid-19???.......

I just heard that a 17 year old girl here in Portugal, who was infected and had developed pneumonia, was given the malaria drug for a week and was cured of the virus, although she is still recovering from the pneumonia. It may have been an isolated case but it's probable the drug is effective on many situations.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

It seems that you were right after all, Sertorio.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/cuban-won ... -official/

Cuban ‘wonder drug’ being used worldwide: official

Cuba’s ambitious anti-pandemic efforts are hindered, however, by decades-long US sanctions that one Cuban official described to Newsweek as “the main obstacle not only to respond to major health crises like Covid-19, but the main obstacle to the country’s development at any area.”

“The lifting of the blockade against Cuba would have an extraordinarily positive impact on Cuba and mostly in the health sector, which has been one of the most damaged areas since the establishment of the blockade almost 60 years ago with more than 3 billion in economic losses,” the official added.
The only reason I can see why the UNited States has not by now "normalised" is because the Miami Cubans, their hearts full of inherited hatred of the Castro regime, are trenchantly opposed to it.

The Republican Party in particular values the support of this apparently still embittered, manipulative, minority.

Yet Cuba, in conjunction with China, now seems to hold the key to curbing and then bringing about the end of this pandemic scourge.

Time for the United States to grow up? Tell the Miami Cubans to collectively go and take a cold bath.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:50 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:59 pm

Cuba’s ambitious anti-pandemic efforts are hindered, however, by decades-long US sanctions that one Cuban official described to Newsweek as “the main obstacle not only to respond to major health crises like Covid-19, but the main obstacle to the country’s development at any area.”

“The lifting of the blockade against Cuba would have an extraordinarily positive impact on Cuba and mostly in the health sector, which has been one of the most damaged areas since the establishment of the blockade almost 60 years ago with more than 3 billion in economic losses,” the official added.
The only reason I can see why the UNited States has not by now "normalised" is because the Miami Cubans, their hearts full of inherited hatred of the Castro regime, are trenchantly opposed to it.

The Republican Party in particular values the support of this apparently still embittered, manipulative, minority.

Yet Cuba, in conjunction with China, now seems to hold the key to curbing and then bringing about the end of this pandemic scourge.

Time for the United States to grow up? Tell the Miami Cubans to collectively go and take a cold bath.
Hatred, under any circumstances is a terrible thing. I can partially understand it when we are dealing with individuals, but never when we are dealing with governments. And hatred has been for far too long the basis for much of the US foreign policy. Hating Cuba and Cubans; hating Iran and Iranians; hating North Korea and North Koreans, is unforgivable. The result is only pain, and death, very often of innocent people. If there is an area in which Americans are exceptional, is in their exceptional capacity to hate and to destroy.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:50 am
neverfail wrote:

Hatred, under any circumstances is a terrible thing. I can partially understand it when we are dealing with individuals, but never when we are dealing with governments. And hatred has been for far too long the basis for much of the US foreign policy. Hating Cuba and Cubans; hating Iran and Iranians; hating North Korea and North Koreans, is unforgivable. The result is only pain, and death, very often of innocent people. If there is an area in which Americans are exceptional, is in their exceptional capacity to hate and to destroy.
I did not post that as an invitation for you to slag Americans generally, Sertorio.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:49 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:41 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:50 am
neverfail wrote:

I did not post that as an invitation for you to slag Americans generally, Sertorio.
I just drew the conclusions I knew you would not want to draw...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 pm

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/chi ... -republic/

The majority of rapid test coronavirus test kits supplied by China to Spain and the Czech Republic are faulty, local news outlets reported.

Up to 80 percent of the 150,000 portable, quick coronavirus test kits China delivered to the Czech Republic earlier this month were faulty, according to local Czech news site Expats.cz. The tests can produce a result in 10 or 15 minutes but are usually less accurate than other tests. Because of the high error rate, the country will continue to rely on conventional laboratory tests, of which they perform about 900 a day.
I just hope the alleged antiviral remedy jointly deverloped by Cuba and China works with a higher rate of success than these dud PRC test kits.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:34 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:49 pm
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/chi ... -republic/

The majority of rapid test coronavirus test kits supplied by China to Spain and the Czech Republic are faulty, local news outlets reported.

Up to 80 percent of the 150,000 portable, quick coronavirus test kits China delivered to the Czech Republic earlier this month were faulty, according to local Czech news site Expats.cz. The tests can produce a result in 10 or 15 minutes but are usually less accurate than other tests. Because of the high error rate, the country will continue to rely on conventional laboratory tests, of which they perform about 900 a day.
I just hope the alleged antiviral remedy jointly deverloped by Cuba and China works with a higher rate of success than these dud PRC test kits.
You hope they do or you hope they don't, so as to strengthen your negative view of those countries? Cass seems to be having an influence on your way of thinking...

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:15 am

Thee blockade would not have prevented Cuba from publishing in a journal and thus making the drug's properties known, so that it could be mass produced if effective, however, the Cubans and Chinese have kept it secret. Now WHO will have to do the research for them.
The World Health Organization will be studying interferon-beta, along with three other drugs, to determine their effectiveness against the new coronavirus, the report said.
The drug MAY be effective as an intervention at a very specific point in the progression of the flu.
The use of Interferon Alpha-2B Recombinant “prevents aggravation and complications in patients reaching that stage that ultimately can result in death,”
This is just another propaganda ruse. Like all good propaganda, it utilizes some facts as a catalyst.