Pandemic

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Pandemic

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:37 am

https://www.rt.com/news/485142-china-ze ... ronavirus/

Beijing has reported zero new fatalities from Covid-19, the country’s National Health Commission said in a statement, a first for China since it was wracked with a major coronavirus outbreak late last year.
The Health Commission said it recorded no new fatalities and confirmed only 32 cases of the illness on Monday, all imported from abroad, a further sign that the country’s outbreak – previously the largest in the world – is continuing to wane.

Seeing over 82,000 cases in total since last December, largely clustered in Hubei Province and its capital city of Wuhan, months of aggressive containment measures have appeared to pay off, with daily death and disease tallies consistently falling throughout March and the beginning of April, according to official data. As the numbers declined, China has gradually reopened its worst-affected cities, lifting sweeping travel restrictions on Wuhan – where the outbreak began – last month. The final remaining travel ban on the city will be removed on Wednesday, allowing outbound traffic to resume after 76 days on lockdown.

A greater number of cases imported from overseas has prompted Beijing to close its borders to foreign arrivals, wary of a second wave of outbreaks, as Europe becomes a major hotbed for the lethal virus. Italy, Spain and Germany have each crossed the grim milestone of 100,000 confirmed cases, while France is not far behind with over 98,000. The US now leads the world in infections, however, counting more than 366,000 and nearly 11,000 deaths as the virus grips all 50 states.

(...)

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-offici ... 32450.html
Iran Official Calls China's Coronavirus Numbers A 'Bitter Joke'

The spokesman of Iran’s health ministry has said that figures of coronavirus infections and deaths published by China’s government was a “bitter joke”.

Kianush Jahanpur in a video media conference March 5 said, “It seems statistics from China was a bitter joke, because many in the world thought this is just like influenza, with fewer deaths. This [impression] were based on reports from China and now it seems China made a bitter joke with the rest of the world”.

Jahanpur added, “If in China they say an epidemic was controlled in two months, one should really think about it”.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also on Friday questioned information received from China, complaining that it led the United States to face more challenges in dealing with the epidemic.

In recent days world media has also questioned coronavirus statistics published by China, which says in Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic 2,500 people lost their lives, while the death toll is much higher in European countries and the United States, which have modern or advanced medical infrastructure.

The death rate per one million people in Italy and Spain is around 250, while China’s official death rate is just 2. As of April 4, the U.S. deaths per one million were 26.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm

The spokesman of Iran’s health ministry has said that figures of coronavirus infections and deaths published by China’s government was a “bitter joke”.

Kianush Jahanpur in a video media conference March 5 said, “It seems statistics from China was a bitter joke, because many in the world thought this is just like influenza, with fewer deaths. This [impression] were based on reports from China and now it seems China made a bitter joke with the rest of the world”.

Jahanpur added, “If in China they say an epidemic was controlled in two months, one should really think about it”.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also on Friday questioned information received from China, complaining that it led the United States to face more challenges in dealing with the epidemic.

In recent days world media has also questioned coronavirus statistics published by China, which says in Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic 2,500 people lost their lives, while the death toll is much higher in European countries and the United States, which have modern or advanced medical infrastructure.

The death rate per one million people in Italy and Spain is around 250, while China’s official death rate is just 2. As of April 4, the U.S. deaths per one million were 26.
Being suspicious of, isn't the same thing as having evidence against...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Being suspicious of, isn't the same thing as having evidence against...
Are you saying the Iranians are lying?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:20 am

https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/weve-come ... ince-1348/

(...)

Medical science has come a long way since 1348. Medieval theorists agreed that miasma gave rise to plague but disagreed on what caused miasma. The medical faculty at the University of Paris thought it was astrological – a conjunction of Mars, Saturn and Jupiter in the sign of Aquarius that had taken place in 1345. German scientists thought earthquakes released the corrupt air they believed was at the earth’s core.

Then there were those who thought the plague was caused by Jews poisoning wells. Thousands of Jews were executed even though Pope Clement VI pointed out that Jews were dying in the plague at about the same rate as Christians.

While plague doctors tried to avoid the plague by smelling sweet air, there was also a theory that the best counter to miasma was to breathe a different kind of bad air. Adherents to this belief would gather around public latrines and inhale deeply.

(...)
I'm surprised they didn't say the plague was caused by the CCP... :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:15 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:20 am
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/weve-come ... ince-1348/

(...)

Medical science has come a long way since 1348. Medieval theorists agreed that miasma gave rise to plague but disagreed on what caused miasma. The medical faculty at the University of Paris thought it was astrological – a conjunction of Mars, Saturn and Jupiter in the sign of Aquarius that had taken place in 1345. German scientists thought earthquakes released the corrupt air they believed was at the earth’s core.

Then there were those who thought the plague was caused by Jews poisoning wells. Thousands of Jews were executed even though Pope Clement VI pointed out that Jews were dying in the plague at about the same rate as Christians.

While plague doctors tried to avoid the plague by smelling sweet air, there was also a theory that the best counter to miasma was to breathe a different kind of bad air. Adherents to this belief would gather around public latrines and inhale deeply.

(...)
I'm surprised they didn't say the plague was caused by the CCP... :D
To support the CCP is racist.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 pm

(deleted)