Greta Thunberg declared the successor of Jesus by the Church of Sweden

Discussion of current events
Doc

Greta Thunberg declared the successor of Jesus by the Church of Sweden

Post by Doc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Greta Thunberg declared the successor of Jesus by the church of Sweden

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Greta Thunberg declared the successor of Jesus by the Church of Sweden

Post by neverfail » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:23 pm

What a load of old bollocks!

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Low Doc, not to mention poorly researched.

Did the Church of Sweden announce climate activist Greta Thunberg is the "successor" of Jesus Christ? No, that's not true: a single tweet by a local pastor in December 2018 made that controversial claim but he later apologized for it. The Church of Sweden (to which over half of Swedes belong) has issued no official statement making this claim at all.
https://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3470 ... jesus.html

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:39 pm

And maybe I should forestall all the other stories while I am at it...
Do Photos Show Greta Thunberg with George Soros, ISIS, and the ‘Antifa Terrorist Organization’?
However, the girl shown standing next to an ISIS militant was not Thunberg; the photograph of Thunberg with Soros was doctored; and Thunberg's wearing of an "Antifascist All Stars" T-shirt was far from an unambiguous gesture of "alignment" with the Antifa movement.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/greta ... is-antifa/

She is also not a transvestite or a lizard person!

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:39 pm
And maybe I should forestall all the other stories while I am at it...
Do Photos Show Greta Thunberg with George Soros, ISIS, and the ‘Antifa Terrorist Organization’?
However, the girl shown standing next to an ISIS militant was not Thunberg; the photograph of Thunberg with Soros was doctored; and Thunberg's wearing of an "Antifascist All Stars" T-shirt was far from an unambiguous gesture of "alignment" with the Antifa movement.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/greta ... is-antifa/
Right....
The underlying image in this meme was the only one of the three photographs that was authentic, unedited, and also showed Thunberg. She posted it to her Twitter account in July 2019 as part of a campaign to promote the band The 1975, which featured a speech by Thunberg and was set to be the opening track on The 1975’s forthcoming album “Notes on a Conditional Form.”

And meet Greta's parents

She is also not a transvestite or a lizard person!

Seems like I remember someone repeatedly posting this image even though it is fake.

From your link:
a single tweet by a local pastor in December 2018 made that controversial claim but he later apologized for it.
Does that mean the pastor of the church of Sweden is Judas? If he did deny her show me his thirty pieces of silver Milo. ;)
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros