Post by Milo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:43 am

Wow, how long can this hold?

dagbay

Re: Islam and the US left.

Post by dagbay » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:35 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:43 am

This strange alliance between progressive groups has puzzled me for a number of decades. In the 1970's in Europe the cosy relationship between lefties and muslims could be explained by the power of petrodollars but this fails to explain the 2019 support among energy independent US liberals for Islamic radicals aiming (by their own words) to take over America and subject it to Islamic rules. Moreover these lefties see live examples of the ramifications of their fetish with Islam playing out in France, Sweden and the UK.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 am

dagbay wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:35 am
Milo wrote:

This strange alliance between progressive groups has puzzled me for a number of decades. In the 1970's in Europe the cosy relationship between lefties and muslims could be explained by the power of petrodollars but this fails to explain the 2019 support among energy independent US liberals for Islamic radicals aiming (by their own words) to take over America and subject it to Islamic rules. Moreover these lefties see live examples of the ramifications of their fetish with Islam playing out in France, Sweden and the UK.
In law school I saw for the first time the culture of the hard left in Canada and I think the mentality goes something like this.

The world's problems stem from the UK and the US, so all culture that is not the UK and the US is superior and the more unlike it and the more against it the better it must be. So Greece is better than the UK but the Muslim world is better than either.

Also atheism is better than religion but the more a religion is removed from Christianity and Judaism the better it must be.

So this woman of colour, who wears non western clothes, and is not Christian or Jewish, is almost perfect in their eyes. The subtext is that she must be 'a decolonizer'.

It's common wisdom and never spoken aloud, if you query it, you get hostility or a blank stare.

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 am
dagbay wrote:
Milo wrote:

In law school I saw for the first time the culture of the hard left in Canada and I think the mentality goes something like this.

The world's problems stem from the UK and the US, so all culture that is not the UK and the US is superior and the more unlike it and the more against it the better it must be. So Greece is better than the UK but the Muslim world is better than either.

Also atheism is better than religion but the more a religion is removed from Christianity and Judaism the better it must be.

So this woman of colour, who wears non western clothes, and is not Christian or Jewish, is almost perfect in their eyes. The subtext is that she must be 'a decolonizer'.

It's common wisdom and never spoken aloud, if you query it, you get hostility or a blank stare.
I know this to be the case in the US especially in the Academia. It is an outlook that is very strange as the world is a witness to the obvious facts; capitalism and colonialism with all their problems pulled up the standard of living on large populations around the world especially in those colonies of the UK. All the while the Muslim world of 1.6B people contributed nothing much to humanity.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:22 am

dagbay wrote:

I do tend to agree that "The world's problems stem from the UK and the US, so all culture that is not the UK and the US is superior..." and that "Greece is better than the UK...", but I would have to be quite insane to think that Islam is better than anything. In fact I would say that cannibalism is better than Islam... :lol:

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:00 am

I would add that some might think the hard left isn't aware of the horrible things about the Muslim world, no they are, but they are convinced it's better than the Judeo Christian world. If they see evidence that it's worse, they blame the Judeo Christian world for making it worse.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:18 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:00 am
I would add that some might think the hard left isn't aware of the horrible things about the Muslim world, no they are, but they are convinced it's better than the Judeo Christian world. If they see evidence that it's worse, they blame the Judeo Christian world for making it worse.
Fortunately in Europe many people no longer think of themselves in the Judeo-Christian mould. Our civilization is Greco-Latin...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:33 am

A superior discussion . . . makes time spent on this forum worthwhile . . .

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:15 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:58 am

Did you alert the nearest mental hospital about the presence of deranged psychopaths on campus, Milo?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:38 am

Milo wrote:

VEry good. The Left is having a marriage of convenience with Islam. What is happening in the US happened in Iran before the Shah fell. After the Shah fell, Ayatollah Khomeini had the Tudeh members killed.
But eventually all services given to Islamists by Tudeh Party not only did not result in a quid pro quo but also lead to the complete destruction of their organization. Four years after the revolution, the government attacks against the Tudeh Party and its members began.
Let this be a warning to the western left. Co-operate with these fanatics at your peril.
The Imp :D