Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:48 am

Our thoughts are with Alexis.

Sertorio

Re: Cathedrale Notre Dame

Post by Sertorio » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:48 am
Our thoughts should be with all the children of the European civilization...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Our thoughts should be with all the children of the European civilization...
Good job of one-upping me Sertorio. How about our thoughts should be with everyone, everywhere? But no matter. We can consider un bon ami Alexis.

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm

The French government is reporting that the entire cathedral may be lost.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 71471.html

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Alexis

Cathedrale Notre Dame will rise again

Post by Alexis » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thanks, Jim.

Several thoughts:

1. Another symbol of France and of the Christian faith, the Cathedral of Reims, was very badly damaged during WW1. It seems that the Reich's soldiers had bombed it on purpose, precisely because it is a symbol of France. That cathedral was rebuilt

Notre Dame de Paris will be rebuilt too. It will take many years, but it will be done.

2. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time. All scenarios are possible.

Still, it must be reminded that a wave of anti-Christian attacks has been sweeping France for some time, directed againsts churches, from anti-Christian graffiti to various degradations especially to objects used for mass. We're speaking of up to 1,000 acts a year, of various severity. Less than one month ago, a fire consumed a door of the historic St Sulpice church in Paris - that fire has been proven to be criminal.

I will be relieved if this is proven to be an accident and a coincidence. But I don't think it probable

3. The Christian religion is the most persecuted in the world. That should not surprise any Christian: Jesus has clearly warned his disciples.

We French Christians are very lucky. For in North Korea, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and many other countries, it's not buildings that are damaged or destroyed, but people who are attacked and martyred.

4. On the TV here, various people are asked about their reaction. One Black woman who seems to be a (French speaking) tourist said something very important: the damage or the loss of this place of worship is severe, however as we rebuild it let us not forget that the first place of worship is the human person, let us rebuild our temple as well as we rebuild Notre Dame

5. The relic of the Crown of thorns has been put in a safe place. That's excellent, because although being sure is difficult, there are good reasons to think that this relic is authentic

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:44 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Cathedrale Notre Dame will rise again

Post by neverfail » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Alexis wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:56 pm

3. The Christian religion is the most persecuted in the world. That should not surprise any Christian: Jesus has clearly warned his disciples.

We French Christians are very lucky. For in North Korea, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and many other countries, it's not buildings that are damaged or destroyed, but people who are attacked and martyred.

4. On the TV here, various people are asked about their reaction. One Black woman who seems to be a (French speaking) tourist said something very important: the damage or the loss of this place of worship is severe, however as we rebuild it let us not forget that the first place of worship is the human person, let us rebuild our temple as well as we rebuild Notre Dame
Poignant words!

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:07 am

Alexis wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:27 am
Alexis This seems to be a more forum compatible version of the drawing you posted. I think the one you posted has a character in its link that the bb software is having a hard time parsing: