neverfail wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:40 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:24 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:45 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:43 pm

The US leads the world in reduction of CO2 emissions. That is due to fracking of Natural Gas. The EU has pretty much done nothing that has reduced CO2 emissions That dispite high taxes on Gasoline. While at the same time most of the EU has highly restricted Fracking. Co-incidence?
Governments even in the EU do not implement restrictions just for the sake of doing it. You are likely to find that there must be a good reason for it.
You mean like charging $3.50 tax a gallon for gasoline?
They sell petrol in litres over there doc; not gallons.
But Litters can be converted to gallons as euros can be as well.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: 'fracking about' with the environment.

Post by Doc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:15 am
Milo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:31 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 am
What are the effects of fracking on the environment?[/size]

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answer ... onment.asp

Europe is smaller and more crowded than the United States. Clearly governments there (or the EU Commission?) do not consider the risks worth the potential rewards. Considering too that they can buy as much oil and gas as they like from the Russians and Arabs.
Indeed! Only looking at Greenhouse Emissions (funny how all of a sudden Republicans are so passionate about them) leaves a lot of other pollution problems unreported: ground water contamination, water use etc.
Fracked well are generally a mile underground below an impermeable layer of shale. The chances of ground water contamination from the well itself are pretty much nil. The disposing of water used in fracking has been a problem However that is largely recycled now.
Well I'm sure we can rest easy knowing that we are "largely" free of contamination!

And what do think of the. article saying that the main reason that the US has reduced Greenhouse gas Emissions is due to renewable energy, not fracking?
The investopedia article? It BS. Whoever wrote in is pretty much completely ignorant of the subject.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Europe is smaller and more crowded than the United States. Clearly governments there (or the EU Commission?) do not consider the risks worth the potential rewards. Considering too that they can buy as much oil and gas as they like from the Russians and Arabs.
Indeed! Only looking at Greenhouse Emissions (funny how all of a sudden Republicans are so passionate about them) leaves a lot of other pollution problems unreported: ground water contamination, water use etc.
Fracked well are generally a mile underground below an impermeable layer of shale. The chances of ground water contamination from the well itself are pretty much nil. The disposing of water used in fracking has been a problem However that is largely recycled now.
Well I'm sure we can rest easy knowing that we are "largely" free of contamination!

And what do think of the. article saying that the main reason that the US has reduced Greenhouse gas Emissions is due to renewable energy, not fracking?
The investopedia article? It BS. Whoever wrote in is pretty much completely ignorant of the subject.
Scientific American

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... nt-signed/

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:40 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Scientific American

I think you mean:

***Pseudo Scientific American*** lessons never learned:

https://eugenics.us/scientific-american ... 11/448.htm
Editorial from a 1911 edition of Scientific American [Source]:

Sci-Am’s Editor’s note: This editorial was written and published in 1911. Although our editors of a century ago pondered some lofty aspirations for the orderly future of humans, it was only three decades later that the brutal reality of a Nazi social order suffused with a eugenicist ideal brought home the practical shortcomings of the philosophy.

Don't get me wrong there may or may not be man made climate change. The question is how significant that may be is very much unanswered. In thirty years Scientific American might have the correct answer. But to date almost every thing I have seen is the modern day version of the hysteria over "Sexually Insatiable Female Morons" Which back then didn't lead to just "practical shortcomings of the philosophy" but 12 million people murdered in death camps.

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

Scientific American

I think you mean:

Sci-Am’s Editor’s note: This editorial was written and published in 1911. Although our editors of a century ago pondered some lofty aspirations for the orderly future of humans, it was only three decades later that the brutal reality of a Nazi social order suffused with a eugenicist ideal brought home the practical shortcomings of the philosophy.

Don't get me wrong there may or may not be man made climate change. The question is how significant that may be is very much unanswered. In thirty years Scientific American might have the correct answer. But to date almost every thing I have seen is the modern day version of the hysteria over "Sexually Insatiable Female Morons" Which back then didn't lead to just "practical shortcomings of the philosophy" but 12 million people murdered in death camps.
Well although I've heard lots of people say that all oil companies are Nazis I didn't expect you to!

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:25 am

Milo wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:

Scientific American

I think you mean:

Well although I've heard lots of people say that all oil companies are Nazis I didn't expect you to!
Then I guess I met your expectations.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:57 pm

Doc wrote:
WHY is it BS doc - and where does your own expertise in the matter come from?

SteveFoerster

Re: "Peek a Boo Oil"

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm
Wingnuts abound, but fortunately not on this forum.
One nice thing about this forum is that there are both wingnuts and moonbats here. And me, the voice of reason, of course! :lol:
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:18 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:57 pm
Doc wrote:
WHY is it BS doc - and where does your own expertise in the matter come from?
Too many ways to even count. "methane is injected into wells" No Methane is not injected into wells. It is part of the resources taken FROM THE WELLS, as it is the natural gas that the wells are drilled to get. Which directly shows how ignorant the writer of the article is.

Doc

Re: "Peek a Boo Oil"

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:19 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:38 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:16 pm
Wingnuts abound, but fortunately not on this forum.
One nice thing about this forum is that there are both wingnuts and moonbats here. And me, the voice of reason, of course! :lol:
Be careful Steve or the moonbats might decide to drop wingnuts on you. :D