The "French disease" spreads into Belgium.

Discussion of current events
Alexis

Christmas together

Post by Alexis » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:51 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm

The Yellow Jackets make a racket?
:lol:
They are already discussing "Act 5", presumably for next Saturday.

This is going to be long...

This at one of their blocking points somewhere in the country:

"My apologies to riot police and law enforcement
We're going to spend Christmas together
"

Doc

Re: Example of Yellow Jackets propaganda

Post by Doc » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 pm
Alexis wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:29 am
Here is an example of what Yellow Jackets exchange on social media:

"On December 8th
Everybody in Paris for the
Final Storm
against Macron
Share it!"

The Yellow Jackets make a racket?
The yellow vests are the best 8-) :D
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Example of Yellow Jackets propaganda

Post by neverfail » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:47 pm

The yellow vests are the best 8-) :D
They always seem to withstand the test. :lol:

(Furthermore, they are practical apparel to wear in mass demonstrations as as dry out quickly after police have drenched the wearers with water cannon). :)

Doc

Re: The "French disease" spreads into Belgium.

Post by Doc » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Seems Macron has even more problems

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am

The world, not just France, is not ready to tackle global warming. In the end the Paris Accord will be just an useless piece of paper that nobody adheres to.

Let’s hope that Richard Tol of Essex University is correct. Global warming is good for the world till 2080.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:40 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am
The world, not just France, is not ready to tackle global warming. In the end the Paris Accord will be just an useless piece of paper that nobody adheres to.

Let’s hope that Richard Tol of Essex University is correct. Global warming is good for the world till 2080.

neverfail

Re: Global warming NOT good for the World; just for some parts of it.

Post by neverfail » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:54 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:42 am

From Richard Tol:
In an interview with Der Spiegel in 2005, he argued that temperature rises between 2–4 °C would also have advantages. North of a line drawn from Paris to Munich, people would benefit, e.g., from reduced energy bills. However, south of it, people would be overall "losers" of climate change

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Tol
Meantime, you would probably be aware of those millions of desperate Africans fleeing their home villages and countries making perilous journeys across the Sahara and the Mediterranean in order to reach Europe? Do you believe that they are enticed because Europe in wealthy and their home countries are poor? No! It is because the expansion of the Sahara caused by global warming has made life impossible for them where they live and there is no place for them further south within Africa. If rainfall and temperatures were still like they were in the past these people would likely remain where they are living in the familiar, traditional way they were brought up to.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environme ... 80361.html

In temperate climate lands deciduous trees shed their leaves with the approach of winter; a firm suffering ongoing losses will shed staff in order to cut costs; in like manner the Sahel is shedding surplus humans that adverse climate change means that the region can no longer sustain.

It would serve blinkered Eurocentrics like Richard Toll were he to wake up one morning and discover those lucky lands of his in northern Europe were overrun by black refugees seeking sustenance.

cassowary

Carry on Warming

Post by cassowary » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Or why global warming is good for the world according to Richard Tol

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/10/carry-on-warming/

Fewer winter deaths, lower heating bills, greater food production (on a world net basis) are some of the benefits of global warming.

Note the key word ‘net’. Some places will gain while others lose because of global warming.

Milo

Re: Carry on Warming

Post by Milo » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:23 pm
Or why global warming is good for the world according to Richard Tol

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2013/10/carry-on-warming/

Fewer winter deaths, lower heating bills, greater food production (on a world net basis) are some of the benefits of global warming.

Note the key word ‘net’. Some places will gain while others lose because of global warming.
There are actual climate scientists but this guy isn't one, maybe not the best person to evaluate it!