The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Discussion of current events
Milo

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Milo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Mueller accuses ex-Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort of lying, breaching plea agreement
Mueller, who is probing Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and possible collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign, said in the filing that after signing a plea agreement: "Manafort committed federal crimes by lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Special Counsel's Office on a variety of subject matters."

Mueller said in the filing that those lies breached Manafort's plea agreement.

Manafort's attorneys said in the same filing submitted to U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson in Washington, D.C., that Manafort had met with the government on several occasions and "provided truthful information" in efforts to "live up to his co-operation obligations."

They said Manafort disagreed with the characterization that he had breached the agreement.

'Angling for the pardon'

The breakdown in the plea deal raises the prospect that​ Manafort is seeking to protect others who worked on Trump's campaign and to curry favour with the president, said former federal prosecutor David Weinstein.

"It seems to me he's angling for the pardon," he said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/manafort- ... -1.4921760

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 am

Trump ex-lawyer admits lying to Congress
Mr Cohen pleaded guilty in court to one count of making false statements to Congress in its own investigation into whether Mr Trump's campaign worked with Russia to sway the US election two years ago.

He said at the hearing that he had submitted a false written statement about a Trump Organization real estate project in Moscow.

"I made these misstatements to be consistent with individual 1's political messaging and out of loyalty to individual 1," Mr Cohen said in court, according to Reuters news agency.

He has previously identified "individual 1" as Mr Trump.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Trump ally Roger Stone vows to contest charges from special counsel probe

Roger Stone, a confidant and former campaign adviser of U.S. President Donald Trump, has been arrested on several criminal charges stemming from the U.S. special counsel's Russia investigation, according to a grand jury indictment made public Friday.

Stone, who was indicted on Thursday and arrested early Friday morning at his home in Florida, faces one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of making false statements and one count of witness tampering. The charges stem from Stone's interactions related to the release by WikiLeaks of hacked emails during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Some of those false statements were made to the House intelligence committee, according to the indictment brought by U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/roger-sto ... -1.4992492

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Roger Stone, a confidant and former campaign adviser of U.S. President Donald Trump, has been arrested on several criminal charges stemming from the U.S. special counsel's Russia investigation, according to a grand jury indictment made public Friday.

Stone, who was indicted on Thursday and arrested early Friday morning at his home in Florida, faces one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of making false statements and one count of witness tampering. The charges stem from Stone's interactions related to the release by WikiLeaks of hacked emails during the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Some of those false statements were made to the House intelligence committee, according to the indictment brought by U.S. special counsel Robert Mueller.
Six counts of making false statements one count of witness tampering No counts of Trump Russia collusion.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Milo wrote:

Six counts of making false statements one count of witness tampering No counts of Trump Russia collusion.
"[A] senior Trump campaign official was directed to contact Stone about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 [WikiLeaks] had regarding the Clinton Campaign."
The list of possibilities isn't long. Outside of the president himself or members of his family, not many people in candidate Trump's circle would have had the authority to direct a "senior Trump campaign official" to do anything.

"So it appears likely that it was Trump," said Harry Litman, a former U.S. attorney and deputy assistant attorney general with the Department of Justice. "If it wasn't, it's quite a tease — and I don't think Mueller is the teasing sort."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/roger-sto ... -1.4993952

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:10 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:09 am
Doc wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Milo wrote:

"[A] senior Trump campaign official was directed to contact Stone about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 [WikiLeaks] had regarding the Clinton Campaign."
The list of possibilities isn't long. Outside of the president himself or members of his family, not many people in candidate Trump's circle would have had the authority to direct a "senior Trump campaign official" to do anything.

"So it appears likely that it was Trump," said Harry Litman, a former U.S. attorney and deputy assistant attorney general with the Department of Justice. "If it wasn't, it's quite a tease — and I don't think Mueller is the teasing sort."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/roger-sto ... -1.4993952
*No knowledge of what wikileaks had as of July 22 2016 (Long after the FBI started its investigation with illegally obtained FISA warrants is proof that there was no collusion and that the investigation is a fraud.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 am

Gosh. Do you suppose that some folks on this forum, not knowing squat of the facts, insisted on speculating ad infinitum on allegations that the belligerent manchild colluded with Russia?

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 am
Gosh. Do you suppose that some folks on this forum, not knowing squat of the facts, insisted on speculating ad infinitum on allegations that the belligerent manchild colluded with Russia?
There was the Senate Intel committee coming out with a report last year that there was no evidence of Trump Russia collusion and the democrats on the committee basically, but grudgingly, agreeing with that.

Jim the Moron

Re: The only known crime was the illegal leak

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:16 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 am
:lol:

Pull my leg with another slanted opinion piece, would you cassowary? Are you trying to tell me that a reputable law enforcement body like the FBI would waste time, manpower and money investigating a fiction?

:D
Yes, that is precisely what he was trying to tell us, neverfail. Had some folks on this forum listened, we would have been saved masses of speculative garbage.

This just in. The opposition in Israel is accusing Bibi of colluding with the Americans to throw an election his way. CNN take note.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Well, it is now official that neither Trump nor anyone else in his entourage was in collusion with Russia over manipulating the 2016 election result in his favour.

Fair enough! So could someone explain to me why, in the course of the enquiry, Trump did not give it his unstinting cooperation then otherwise keep his big mouth shut?

One would seriously expect that a man innocent of all wrongdoing would want to speed up the delivery of the not guilty verdict instead of perpetually railing against, sometimes even attempting to obstruct, the investigation.

Trump did not help his case by behaving like a man with something to hide these past two years.