The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Discussion of current events
Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 pm

However the Clinton campaign indeed colluded with Russians and other foreign agents to influence the election by shopping their foreign born opposition research to the media and the government. The Clinton campaign is already guilty of that which Trump is accused of, which has not been proven.


User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1401
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Milo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 pm
However the Clinton campaign indeed colluded with Russians and other foreign agents to influence the election by shopping their foreign born opposition research to the media and the government. The Clinton campaign is already guilty of that which Trump is accused of, which has not been proven.

Yes, lots of criminal clients try the ol' 'there are worse people than me, so I'm not guilty' argument. Doesn't work for them; won't work for Trump.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Of course that's a strawman, nobody said that.

The simple fact is that the Clinton campaign is guilty of colluding with the Russians while Trump is not. Yet Trump is being investigated in a Stalinist fashion while Clinton is not.

Trump's argument is working because he is innocent of any crime. After 2 years there is zero evidence of illegal activity between the Trump campaign and any Russians.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:00 pm

For example you are a foreigner that regularly interferes in our politics and elections. If that was illegal we could turn you into Mueller and he could investigate you for collusion and any financial relationships you may have with political organizations. It could take years to fully investigate you.

But, like the Russian activity, it is not illegal for Russians or Canadians to interfere in our elections. Legally you are allowed to do that. I am not aware of any law that outlaws Russian interference but allows Canadian interference.

Its like if Canadians get to do it then we have to let Russians do it too.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:12 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:09 am
Doc, regardless of what an opinion writer/contributor to the Huffington Post has to huff :mrgreen: and puff over the topic, the FBI takes the matter seriously enough to investigate. The FBI is not the Democrats Party.

(End of post.)
Turns out it was.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Milo wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:18 am
On December 18, 2016, CBS News’ John Dickerson had asked Conway directly: “Did anyone involved in the Trump campaign have any contact with Russians trying to meddle with the election?”

“Absolutely not,” she replied. “And I discussed that with the president-elect just last night. Those conversations never happened. I hear people saying it like it’s a fact on television. That is just not only inaccurate and false, but it’s dangerous. And — and it does undermine our democracy.”

Don Jr.’s Russia troubles began on Saturday, July 8, 2017, when The New York Times told him it was going run a story about a June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower involving him, Jared Kushner, then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and a Russian lawyer with Kremlin ties. He responded with the first of his conflicting statements about that meeting. The participants discussed a program about the “adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago,” Don Jr. asserted. (Putin had suspended the program in retaliation for a 2012 American law punishing Russians thought to be responsible for the death of Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian tax attorney who had uncovered a $230 million fraud scheme involving Putin allies.) “It was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up,” he wrote of the June 9 session.

That was iteration number one. On Sunday, July 9, The Times informed Don Jr. that five White House advisers contradicted his statement. In truth, the Russian lawyer with whom three of Trump’s top officials met on June 9 had promised damaging information on Hillary Clinton. The Times story prompted Don Jr. to issue a new statement: “After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

Then came Tuesday, July 11. The Times told Don Jr. that it now had the content of his June 3-8 email exchanges with Rob Goldstone, a music publicist who first contacted Don Jr. to request the meeting on behalf of his client — the son of a wealthy real estate developer and Putin ally sometimes referred to as the “Trump of Russia.” The emails said that Don Jr., Kushner and Manafort met with a “Russian government attorney” based on the promise of “some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful” to Trump. The Trump group thought it would receive “very high-level and sensitive information [that] is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

To get ahead of the imminent Times story, Don Jr. released his email exchange with Goldstone, along with his third statement on the June 9 meeting. With a newfound desire to be “totally transparent,” he said that he thought the Russian lawyer was going to give him “political opposition research” on Clinton, as if accepting any election assistance from a foreign government is somehow legal, much less acceptable.

On Jan. 5, 2017, leaders of the US intelligence community testified unanimously before the Senate Armed Services Committee that Russia had used hacking and leaks to influence the presidential election. Sen. John McCain R-Ariz. called the cyberattack an “act of war.” But the next morning, Conway appeared on CNN, asserting that “conclusive evidence” of Russian election interference still didn’t exist. “The Russians didn’t want him elected,” she declared.

http://www.salon.com/2017/07/16/how-don ... t_partner/

So the three most important members of Trump's campaign met with Russians, who said they were with the Russian government and had definite ties to the Russian government, in order to help Trump win the election.

IOW all of the accusations have now proved to be true, and are admitted by Trump's son himself,and backed by documentary evidence.

True news.
One year later, zero charges filed. Why? It wasn't illegal.

So why is there a criminal investigation of legal activity.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Milo wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:34 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:41 pm
Not so fast Milo


Image

None of that makes any difference as to Trump's team breaking the law.
What law did they break. Be specific.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 pm
Your denial is getting rather pathological Doc.
This post is a year old. No charges of collusion with Russians have been filed. In fact their have been zero leaks of any Russian collusions since the year old leak of Don Jr, where no charges have been filed.

There may indeed be something pathological going on.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 560
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:20 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:26 pm
Just his son, his son in law and his campaign chairman.

"“The emails are simply put damning as a legal matter,” explains Ryan Goodman, a former Defense Department special counsel and current editor of the legal site Just Security. “The text of the emails provide very clear evidence of participation in a scheme to involve the Russian government in federal election interference, in a form that is prohibited by federal criminal law.”

Jens David Ohlin, a law professor at Cornell University, is even blunter: “It’s a shocking admission of a criminal conspiracy.”"

https://www.vox.com/world/2017/7/10/159 ... es-illegal
This post is a year old. No charges have been filed in that time. Why?

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1758
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Trump's incriminating collusion with Russia megathread.

Post by Sertorio » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 am

With so many social problems at home, with thousands of people dying all over the world due to US intervention in conflicts, and US selling/providing weapons to all sorts of criminal associations, all US politicians seem to care about is whether Trump talked to some Russians?... If that's democracy at work, maybe we should review the way democracy works...

Post Reply