STEM Graduates

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

STEM Graduates

Post by Sertorio » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 am

Something to make you think:

Image

Russia, with one third of the population, has almost as many STEM graduates as the US... That explains why Russian weapons are better than American ones...

Jim the Moron
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:18 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 am
Something to make you think:

Image

Russia, with one third of the population, has almost as many STEM graduates as the US... That explains why Russian weapons are better than American ones...
I suppose that if your argument is that the # of STEM grads is the determinate for military superiority, then take cover. Russia is about to be invaded by India which has about 5 times the number of STEM grads . . .

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Sertorio » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:31 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:18 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:29 am
Something to make you think:

Image

Russia, with one third of the population, has almost as many STEM graduates as the US... That explains why Russian weapons are better than American ones...
I suppose that if your argument is that the # of STEM grads is the determinate for military superiority, then take cover. Russia is about to be invaded by India which has about 5 times the number of STEM grads . . .
Science and engineering aren't only put to use in the weapons industry. India seems to be more interested in space, and its achievements are quite remarkable for a country which has only recently got involved in that area.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Milo » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

I am unable to tell where the reporter actually got those numbers from when I look at the supposed source.

http://reports.weforum.org/human-capital-report-2016/

And countries and universities lie about this stuff all the time.

And Russia's weapons are junk.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Sertorio » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

And Russia's weapons are junk.
Sooner or later we will be able to see whether that's so...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am
Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

And Russia's weapons are junk.
Sooner or later we will be able to see whether that's so...
Fortunately for us all, Putin is wiser than you are.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Sertorio » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:15 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:20 am
Milo wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:34 am

And Russia's weapons are junk.
Sooner or later we will be able to see whether that's so...
Fortunately for us all, Putin is wiser than you are.
But Trump and his team of warmongers aren't...

Jim the Moron
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am

Apparently we may rest assured that STEM grads in Russia are all devoting their energies towards developing the best military weaponry possible. After all, what good could possibly obtain from non-military pursuits?

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1670
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Sertorio » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:30 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am
Apparently we may rest assured that STEM grads in Russia are all devoting their energies towards developing the best military weaponry possible. After all, what good could possibly obtain from non-military pursuits?
A country under constant attack must acquire the means to defend itself. Russia is encircled by NATO bases, is accused of all sorts of crimes, without any evidence being ever provided, is under economic and financial sanctions, is under constant threat of further attacks and sanctions. Russia must therefore have the military means to guarantee its enemies will not prevail. I, for one, am happy that Russia and China are increasingly capable of stopping US imperialism and aggression. Many Europeans may not realize it, but our safety depends on Russia, not on NATO.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1333
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: STEM Graduates

Post by Milo » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:23 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:30 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:01 am
Apparently we may rest assured that STEM grads in Russia are all devoting their energies towards developing the best military weaponry possible. After all, what good could possibly obtain from non-military pursuits?
A country under constant attack must acquire the means to defend itself. Russia is encircled by NATO bases, is accused of all sorts of crimes, without any evidence being ever provided, is under economic and financial sanctions, is under constant threat of further attacks and sanctions. Russia must therefore have the military means to guarantee its enemies will not prevail. I, for one, am happy that Russia and China are increasingly capable of stopping US imperialism and aggression. Many Europeans may not realize it, but our safety depends on Russia, not on NATO.
Yeah, you pull a measly few hundred assassinations and everyone is all up in your grill.

Post Reply