Israel

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:18 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 am
dagbay wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:11 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 am


Now what about Israel Dagbay? I notice that on this chart it is listed as being only the 34th least corrupt country in the World. Even Portugal is doing better than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruptio ... ions_Index
I do not know what is the basis for the corruption raring of countries and I guess every society has its outliers. Jewish crooks are just crooks and some found their home in Israel.
I think it refers to corruption in public life - not private criminality.
It does.

But remember the title, "Corruption Perceptions Index"
Yes, it's about perceptions. Quite naturally relatively open entities expose corrupt practices, and prosecute them. Those that don't might not show up on corruption indexes.

neverfail
Posts: 5259
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Israel

Post by neverfail » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:22 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:09 am
Milo wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:18 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 am
dagbay wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:11 pm
neverfail wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:01 am


Now what about Israel Dagbay? I notice that on this chart it is listed as being only the 34th least corrupt country in the World. Even Portugal is doing better than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruptio ... ions_Index
I do not know what is the basis for the corruption raring of countries and I guess every society has its outliers. Jewish crooks are just crooks and some found their home in Israel.
I think it refers to corruption in public life - not private criminality.
It does.

But remember the title, "Corruption Perceptions Index"
Yes, it's about perceptions. Quite naturally relatively open entities expose corrupt practices, and prosecute them. Those that don't might not show up on corruption indexes.
Then why is North Korea way down at the bottom of the corruption index?

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm

This is several weeks old - sorry, but I just came across it . . .

"Noblesse Oblige"
http://anthropoetics.ucla.edu/views/vw630/

". . . increasingly, Jewish history, and even the historical destiny of nationalism, is being made in Israel itself."

User avatar
dagbay
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Re: Israel

Post by dagbay » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:13 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:59 pm
This is several weeks old - sorry, but I just came across it . . .

"Noblesse Oblige"
http://anthropoetics.ucla.edu/views/vw630/

". . . increasingly, Jewish history, and even the historical destiny of nationalism, is being made in Israel itself."
Thanks Jim. Interesting point of view but a hard read both due to format (incompatible with mobile browser) and ideation.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm

US changes stance on settlements
https://theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/ ... ike-pompeo

The Arabs and the EU are aghast at the US in its support of civilized behavior in the West Bank. Arabs and the EU much preferred what had been the good old days of Arab barbarism there. But not to worry, all you fans of Islamic savagery - Jewish settlers will continue to be attacked there.

"International law?" Courtesy of UN resolutions? The US continues to ignore such, as well they should.

neverfail
Posts: 5259
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Israel

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
The Arabs and the EU are aghast at the US in its support of civilized behavior in the West Bank.
When has the US ever lent its support for civilized behavior on the West Bank? I did not know that any US government had ever imposed sanctions on (or otherwise penalized) the State of Israel for permitting the theft of Palestinian land.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
The Arabs and the EU are aghast at the US in its support of civilized behavior in the West Bank.
When has the US ever lent its support for civilized behavior on the West Bank? I did not know that any US government had ever imposed sanctions on (or otherwise penalized) the State of Israel for permitting the theft of Palestinian land.
By "civilized behavior" I'm of course referring to support for Jews building homes, schools, and hospitals. Contrast that with the barbaric way-of-life practiced by the Arabs there.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3604
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Israel

Post by Sertorio » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
US changes stance on settlements
https://theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/ ... ike-pompeo

The Arabs and the EU are aghast at the US in its support of civilized behavior in the West Bank. Arabs and the EU much preferred what had been the good old days of Arab barbarism there. But not to worry, all you fans of Islamic savagery - Jewish settlers will continue to be attacked there.

"International law?" Courtesy of UN resolutions? The US continues to ignore such, as well they should.
Settlements may be against international law, but international law is not sacred, it is just a convention like any other. It expresses a certain consensus, among certain countries in a specific moment in time. If the consensus changes, international law changes. If the West Bank and its inhabitants are better ruled by Israel than by any Arab state, I find its control by Israel more important than any international law.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2592
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Israel

Post by Milo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 am

I am always struck that the internal behaviour of Arab states v Israel means nothing to those who criticize Israel so much.

On the one side, Israel, a fully functioning democracy with one of the highest standards of human rights in the world; on the other, a bunch of tinpot dictatorships where society seems to have hit a peak in civilized behaviour under European colonization and only backslid since.

neverfail
Posts: 5259
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Israel

Post by neverfail » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:34 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
The Arabs and the EU are aghast at the US in its support of civilized behavior in the West Bank.
When has the US ever lent its support for civilized behavior on the West Bank? I did not know that any US government had ever imposed sanctions on (or otherwise penalized) the State of Israel for permitting the theft of Palestinian land.
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:40 pm
By "civilized behavior" I'm of course referring to support for Jews building homes, schools, and hospitals.
Of course! On land that rightly belongs to Palestinians.
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:32 pm
Contrast that with the barbaric way-of-life practiced by the Arabs there.
Contrast that, rather, with the understandable rage of a people who are, day by day, watching their patrimony and their future filched away from them by aggressive foreigners, you mean?
......................................................................................

I am just glad that in the EU they still have enough of a commitment to justice for others that it is willing to call the State of Israel to account - unlike the USA establishment which has no sense of natural justice when it comes to bloody Israel. The difference seems to be that the politics of the EU are NOT in thrall to any locally entrenched Jewish lobby like that of the USA.

You disappoint me Jim that, like so many gentile Americans, you seem to lack sufficient independence of thinking necessary to remain free from the blandishments of Zionist propaganda. But alas, it seems that real estate development is more important to you than justice.

Post Reply