Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:51 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:12 am

The US should be totally isolated and prevented from having any contacts with the normal world until it becomes a more civilized place...
You are right The world is a very uncivilized place. The US should go back to its isolationist roots until the barbarians sort out their differences or they go to hell.
Fine with me. The result will be the same: a more peaceful world without American wars...
Doc knows the truth. The US must have the most powerful defensive military apparatus out there. Let the barbarians go to hell. Milo will approve . . .
The "barbarians" have been subject to the US hell for long enough. Soon it will be payback time...
As it happens, Muslim barbarians have been highly successful in their savage objectives. Leave them alone to carry out their primitive objectives.

Sertorio

Re: cursed be the US gun lobby!

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:00 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:48 am

Exactly. It won't be so bad as to start a new civil war. But it is going to be a big fight. Meanwhile, people will get killed in "gun free zones" by madmen with guns. So the most practical solution is to stop this nonsense of "gun free zones", which are actually magnets for mass shootings. Allow the staff to voluntarily arm themselves with monetary incentives. This will turn them into hard targets.

The only gun free zones should be the offices of anti-gun groups.
You are so fond od death and killings that I suspect you must be the owner of a funeral parlour somewhere in the US... Have you thought about smuggling to the US the drugs used in carrying out the death penalty there?...I heard they are having difficulties in getting them. A good opportunity for some good capitalist profits...

Milo

Re: Trump supports letting teachers and coaches carry guns in school

Post by Milo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 am

Even experienced shooters hit what they are shooting at a fraction of the time and that means it's more likely for a bystander to be shot when guns are employed.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/ ... uation.pdf

This is just the NRA trying to sell more guns.

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 am

cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 am
The Second Amendment when I read a copy of it last conferred no such universal right to gun ownership but rather a public DUTY on citizens to be prepared to defend the country in organised militias when necessary. The gun ownership was intended merely as the means to that end. Modern US gun owners are NOT organised into militias to defend the USA so the 2nd Amendment has been misrepresented (probably by some twisted constitutional court judgement in the past) from a national defence policy when the US Republic was young into today's hideous licence to kill.
That's the argument by the anti-gun crowd. I heard it before. You can argue till the cows come home with the pro-gun lobby on this constitutional interpretation. Clever lawyers than both of us have not settled this.
Its not the pro-gun lobby's interpretation. It is the Constitution of the United States backed up by a SCOTUS decision against relelentless challenges by those wishing to strip away a Constitutional Right, Alinsky style.
District of Columbia v. Heller
District of Columbia v. Heller, is a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held, in a 5–4 decision, that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am

armchair_pundit wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:46 am
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 am
The Second Amendment when I read a copy of it last conferred no such universal right to gun ownership but rather a public DUTY on citizens to be prepared to defend the country in organised militias when necessary. The gun ownership was intended merely as the means to that end. Modern US gun owners are NOT organised into militias to defend the USA so the 2nd Amendment has been misrepresented (probably by some twisted constitutional court judgement in the past) from a national defence policy when the US Republic was young into today's hideous licence to kill.
That's the argument by the anti-gun crowd. I heard it before. You can argue till the cows come home with the pro-gun lobby on this constitutional interpretation. Clever lawyers than both of us have not settled this.
Its not the pro-gun lobby's interpretation. It is the Constitution of the United States backed up by a SCOTUS decision against relelentless challenges by those wishing to strip away a Constitutional Right, Alinsky style.
District of Columbia v. Heller, is a landmark case in which the Supreme Court of the United States held, in a 5–4 decision, that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia for traditionally lawful purposes...
Killing other human beings is a God given right to the people of the US...

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 am

Killing another human being is a God given right to the people of the US...
I pity the students you are and have indoctrinated... University's are full of bile spitting partisan propagandists quite to the detriment of civilized society.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 am

armchair_pundit wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am
Sertorio wrote:

I pity the students you are and have indoctrinated... University's are full of bile spitting partisan propagandists quite to the detriment of civilized society.
In the classroom, I always tell my students when I am about to indulge in offering an opinion on any subject whatsoever. And my students are entitled to disagree and to freely voice their disagreement, giving whatever arguments they want. If their reasoning is sound and properly supported, it may even contribute to a higher grade on the subject.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:08 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:50 am

As it happens, Muslim barbarians have been highly successful in their savage objectives. Leave them alone to carry out their primitive objectives.

Meantime, you can rely upon the home grown, trigger happy, non-Islamic, American "barbarians" to continue gutting the US with mass shootings.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:20 am
armchair_pundit wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 am
Sertorio wrote:

In the classroom, I always tell my students when I am about to indulge in offering an opinion on any subject whatsoever. And my students are entitled to disagree and to freely voice their disagreement, giving whatever arguments they want. If their reasoning is sound and properly supported, it may even contribute to a higher grade on the subject.
Does this "armchair pundit" imagine that a university is an indoctrination centre where innocent youngsters soak up the dogmas espoused by lefty professors? Does he really believe that young adults aged in their late teens and early twenties are inert matter incapable of thinking for themselves?

I recall what a bruising experience being in a university environment was like when I found my own rosy, romantic, adolescent suppositions about the world around me (and beyond that, the supernatural) constantly under challenge from both my academic mentors and fellow students.

Armchair pundit: it is easy to see that you have never attended university.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Sertorio wrote:

Killing other human beings is a God given right to the people of the US...
[/quote]

It moves you to doubt the wisdom of their Supreme Court, doesn't it?