Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Discussion of current events
neverfail
Posts: 1865
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by neverfail » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:17 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Trump and the Bush family are staunch enemies, not allies. Don't forget that Trump humiliated Dubya's brother Jeb all primary season long. For this reason, I'd say it carries no additional credibility at all.

(Doesn't mean he's wrong, though.)
"it carries no credibility" and yet it "Doesn't mean he's wrong"?

Steve, aren't you aware of an apparent contradiction here?

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Milo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.
The 60 was an estimate after the 17 US intel agencies denied North Korea had any.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/worl ... gence.html\

How U.S. Intelligence Agencies Underestimated North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/ ... nukes.html
Obama administration knew about North Korea's miniaturized nukes

Tuesday's bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Milo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.
The 60 was an estimate after the 17 US intel agencies denied North Korea had any.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/worl ... gence.html\

How U.S. Intelligence Agencies Underestimated North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/ ... nukes.html
Obama administration knew about North Korea's miniaturized nukes

Tuesday's bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.
Ummmmm, the Fox op-ed says the DIA did conclude that in 2013. Are they not an intelligence agency?

And there are references in both articles to intelligence reports of NK testing nuclear weapons. How does that mean they denied their existence?

And, trying to turn to the OT, you can exclude every report by US intelligence and still have a mountain of evidence of Russian attempts to interfere.

Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/1/1659 ... cebook-ads

These are some of the tweets and Facebook ads Russia used to try and influence the 2016 presidential election

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/31/16587 ... ch-hearing

Google uncovers Russia-backed ads on YouTube, Gmail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russi ... -1.4347242

Twitter Doubles Its Estimates, Saying 1.4 Million Users Interacted With Russian Propaganda

http://fortune.com/2018/01/31/twitter-r ... -election/

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.
The 60 was an estimate after the 17 US intel agencies denied North Korea had any.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/worl ... gence.html\

How U.S. Intelligence Agencies Underestimated North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/ ... nukes.html
Obama administration knew about North Korea's miniaturized nukes

Tuesday's bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.
Ummmmm, the Fox op-ed says the DIA did conclude that in 2013. Are they not an intelligence agency?

And there are references in both articles to intelligence reports of NK testing nuclear weapons. How does that mean they denied their existence?

Given that we were told that North Korea had no warheads for its missiles It seems someone lied.
And, trying to turn to the OT, you can exclude every report by US intelligence and still have a mountain of evidence of Russian attempts to interfere.

Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/1/1659 ... cebook-ads

These are some of the tweets and Facebook ads Russia used to try and influence the 2016 presidential election

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/31/16587 ... ch-hearing

Google uncovers Russia-backed ads on YouTube, Gmail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russi ... -1.4347242

Twitter Doubles Its Estimates, Saying 1.4 Million Users Interacted With Russian Propaganda

http://fortune.com/2018/01/31/twitter-r ... -election/
Wow !! The Russians spent $100K in a 2 billion dollar election !!! Those damn Ruskys !!!
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Milo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 pm
Of course there is the fact that all of the US intelligence agencies agree that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election.
Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.
The 60 was an estimate after the 17 US intel agencies denied North Korea had any.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/worl ... gence.html\

How U.S. Intelligence Agencies Underestimated North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/ ... nukes.html
Obama administration knew about North Korea's miniaturized nukes

Tuesday's bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.
Ummmmm, the Fox op-ed says the DIA did conclude that in 2013. Are they not an intelligence agency?

And there are references in both articles to intelligence reports of NK testing nuclear weapons. How does that mean they denied their existence?

Given that we were told that North Korea had no warheads for its missiles It seems someone lied.
And, trying to turn to the OT, you can exclude every report by US intelligence and still have a mountain of evidence of Russian attempts to interfere.

Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/1/1659 ... cebook-ads

These are some of the tweets and Facebook ads Russia used to try and influence the 2016 presidential election

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/31/16587 ... ch-hearing

Google uncovers Russia-backed ads on YouTube, Gmail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russi ... -1.4347242

Twitter Doubles Its Estimates, Saying 1.4 Million Users Interacted With Russian Propaganda

http://fortune.com/2018/01/31/twitter-r ... -election/
Wow !! The Russians spent $100K in a 2 billion dollar election !!! Those damn Ruskys !!!
So you're wrong on both counts.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm

The Majority of Americans believe that Obama improperly interfered with the elections

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -campaign/

Poll: Americans ‘Overwhelmingly’ Believe Obama ‘Improperly Surveilled’ Trump Campaign
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1769
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 am
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:32 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm
Milo wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:58 pm


Yeah and all 17 US intel agencies agreed that North Korean had no nuclear warheads for ICBMs when it turned out NK had 60 of them.
Really, someone has counted how many nuclear warheads NK has and which of them can go on a missile?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_K ... rojections

Trump isn't going to leap to your defense you know.
The 60 was an estimate after the 17 US intel agencies denied North Korea had any.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/worl ... gence.html\

How U.S. Intelligence Agencies Underestimated North Korea

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/ ... nukes.html
Obama administration knew about North Korea's miniaturized nukes

Tuesday's bombshell Washington Post story that the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) has determined North Korea is capable of constructing miniaturized nuclear weapons that could be used as warheads for missiles – possibly ICBMs – left out a crucial fact: DIA actually concluded this in 2013. The Post also failed to mention that the Obama administration tried to downplay and discredit this report at the time.
Ummmmm, the Fox op-ed says the DIA did conclude that in 2013. Are they not an intelligence agency?

And there are references in both articles to intelligence reports of NK testing nuclear weapons. How does that mean they denied their existence?

Given that we were told that North Korea had no warheads for its missiles It seems someone lied.
And, trying to turn to the OT, you can exclude every report by US intelligence and still have a mountain of evidence of Russian attempts to interfere.

Here are the Russia-linked Facebook ads released by Congress

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/1/1659 ... cebook-ads

These are some of the tweets and Facebook ads Russia used to try and influence the 2016 presidential election

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/31/16587 ... ch-hearing

Google uncovers Russia-backed ads on YouTube, Gmail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/russi ... -1.4347242

Twitter Doubles Its Estimates, Saying 1.4 Million Users Interacted With Russian Propaganda

http://fortune.com/2018/01/31/twitter-r ... -election/
Wow !! The Russians spent $100K in a 2 billion dollar election !!! Those damn Ruskys !!!
So you're wrong on both counts.
Sorry but here are some of the ads which I think you have already seen.

Image
Image
Image

The intent of Russia interfering was to reduce confidence in the POTUS election. Given the reaction of the reactionary left in America, seems like Putin hit a grand slam.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Milo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm
The Majority of Americans believe that Obama improperly interfered with the elections

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -campaign/

Poll: Americans ‘Overwhelmingly’ Believe Obama ‘Improperly Surveilled’ Trump Campaign

"In the IBD/TIPP survey of public opinion, we asked respondents "How closely are you following news stories about the role played by the FBI and the Department of Justice during the 2016 presidential election?" Of those who responded, 72% said they were following the story either "very closely" (39%) or "somewhat closely" (33%). Our responses were taken only from those who were following the story closely."

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... tipp-poll/

Common technique for propagandists: collect poll data and then slice it till you get the result you want and write a strident headline. In this case the strident headline was outsourced, quite deliberately I'm sure.

Post Reply