SteveFoerster

Re: Al Gore: Global warming is causing cold weather

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:09 am
Global warming Caused Altitude Sickness
The Ocean Floor Is Sinking Due To Additional Water Weight From Melting Glaciers
8 January 2018, 7:34 am EST By Allan Adamson Tech Times
Similarly, Hurricane Harvey dropped so much water on the Houston area that it sank a little from the weight of it all.

The net result of ocean floor deformation isn't that large, though, and it doesn't mean that geocentric sea level isn't still rising.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Similarly, Hurricane Harvey dropped so much water on the Houston area that it sank a little from the weight of it all.

The net result of ocean floor deformation isn't that large, though, and it doesn't mean that geocentric sea level isn't still rising.
While I haven't looked up the volumes one thing is clear -- Oceans HUGE Glaciers melted rather small. (compared both to the oceans and the continetial ice sheets that have around melted.)Plus the Earth is 4/5th water covered meaning that for every one part the ocean sink the typical land mass rise would be 4 Hence "Global Warming causing altitude sickness. And indeed the north part of North American is rising. Albet extremely slowly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-glacial_rebound

WHich gives an explanation of why the mid Atlantic coast of the US is sinking that does not need "Global Warming".
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

While I haven't looked up the volumes one thing is clear -- Oceans HUGE Glaciers melted rather small. (compared both to the oceans and the continetial ice sheets that have around melted.)Plus the Earth is 4/5th water covered meaning that for every one part the ocean sink the typical land mass rise would be 4 Hence "Global Warming causing altitude sickness. And indeed the north part of North American is rising. Albet extremely slowly.

WHich gives an explanation of why the mid Atlantic coast of the US is sinking that does not need "Global Warming".
According to that, shouldn't it be still be rising from Holocene glacial melt because of mantle viscosity?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:40 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:10 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:50 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

According to that, shouldn't it be still be rising from Holocene glacial melt because of mantle viscosity?
Only the parts that were underneath the ice sheet are rising. Area adjacent to those areas actually rose during the last ice age. Now that are sinking towards the level they were previous to the last ice age.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:17 pm

Doc wrote:

I wish it were true Doc. If it were the drop in the Ocean floor would make room for the additional meltwater, thereby sparing our Earth's low lying areas (which include many of mankind's most productive and populous) from being flooded by rising sea levels.