Pandemic

Discussion of current events
neverfail
Posts: 5241
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Pandemic

Post by neverfail » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm


We received under the Marshall Plan 54 million dollars, probably the lowest amount of any European country. Not much for a "bail out"...
Marshall Plan aid was meant to help countries recover from the carnage and destruction of the Second World War. Portugal was a neutral non-belligerant. Presumably Portugal coasted through the conflict with its infrastructure intact and its economy in working order. Compared to the needs of demographically much larger (and fought over) countries further to the north Portugal was arguably one of the least needy reciprients. I an surprised that it received even that much. Spain (under Franco) got nothing.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Pandemic

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:40 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:22 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm


We received under the Marshall Plan 54 million dollars, probably the lowest amount of any European country. Not much for a "bail out"...
Marshall Plan aid was meant to help countries recover from the carnage and destruction of the Second World War. Portugal was a neutral non-belligerant. Presumably Portugal coasted through the conflict with its infrastructure intact and its economy in working order. Compared to the needs of demographically much larger (and fought over) countries further to the north Portugal was arguably one of the least needy reciprients. I an surprised that it received even that much. Spain (under Franco) got nothing.
Portugal used the Marshall Plan to get needed dollars, as the US had refused to take over UK's debt to Portugal, denominated in sterling. In fact Portugal took over a year deciding to join the Marshall Plan, as it saw it as a means for the US to impose its will on Europe, an undesirable development. Portugal's Salazar may have been a dictator but he wasn't stupid...

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Pandemic

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am

Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Pandemic

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4400
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Pandemic

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...
Propaganda is painless but it brings on many changes.

The CCP has committed crimes against humanity and continues to do so. It is using the CCP Virus as a biological weapon. I don't think they intended to do that originally That it was their gross incompetence that let the virus run wild. However it should be noted

1) There is a high level bio security lab 300 yards from the Wuhan Wet market
2) The first person that got the CCP virus never went to the market along with several others that got it
3) The Bio Security lab had a history of biological leaks
4) The CCP Virus has some parts of its RNA identical to HIV
5) The CCP covered this up.
6) The CCP refused on numerous occasions to allow the Virologists from the CDC into Wuhan. What are they hiding?
7) You claim the CCP is helping like the Marshall plan. However I don't see things getting better in Italy. In fact it is just the opposite Far more have died in Italy since the CCP offered its "help"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

When they come for you Sertorio who will speak for you?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Pandemic

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...
Propaganda is painless but it brings on many changes.

The CCP has committed crimes against humanity and continues to do so. It is using the CCP Virus as a biological weapon. I don't think they intended to do that originally That it was their gross incompetence that let the virus run wild. However it should be noted

1) There is a high level bio security lab 300 yards from the Wuhan Wet market
2) The first person that got the CCP virus never went to the market along with several others that got it
3) The Bio Security lab had a history of biological leaks
4) The CCP Virus has some parts of its RNA identical to HIV
5) The CCP covered this up.
6) The CCP refused on numerous occasions to allow the Virologists from the CDC into Wuhan. What are they hiding?
7) You claim the CCP is helping like the Marshall plan. However I don't see things getting better in Italy. In fact it is just the opposite Far more have died in Italy since the CCP offered its "help"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

When they come for you Sertorio who will speak for you?
Image

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4400
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Pandemic

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...
Propaganda is painless but it brings on many changes.

The CCP has committed crimes against humanity and continues to do so. It is using the CCP Virus as a biological weapon. I don't think they intended to do that originally That it was their gross incompetence that let the virus run wild. However it should be noted

1) There is a high level bio security lab 300 yards from the Wuhan Wet market
2) The first person that got the CCP virus never went to the market along with several others that got it
3) The Bio Security lab had a history of biological leaks
4) The CCP Virus has some parts of its RNA identical to HIV
5) The CCP covered this up.
6) The CCP refused on numerous occasions to allow the Virologists from the CDC into Wuhan. What are they hiding?
7) You claim the CCP is helping like the Marshall plan. However I don't see things getting better in Italy. In fact it is just the opposite Far more have died in Italy since the CCP offered its "help"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

When they come for you Sertorio who will speak for you?
Image
Belly of the Beast?
CCP.jpg
CCP.jpg (91.77 KiB) Viewed 756 times
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 3593
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Pandemic

Post by Sertorio » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:22 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...
Propaganda is painless but it brings on many changes.

The CCP has committed crimes against humanity and continues to do so. It is using the CCP Virus as a biological weapon. I don't think they intended to do that originally That it was their gross incompetence that let the virus run wild. However it should be noted

1) There is a high level bio security lab 300 yards from the Wuhan Wet market
2) The first person that got the CCP virus never went to the market along with several others that got it
3) The Bio Security lab had a history of biological leaks
4) The CCP Virus has some parts of its RNA identical to HIV
5) The CCP covered this up.
6) The CCP refused on numerous occasions to allow the Virologists from the CDC into Wuhan. What are they hiding?
7) You claim the CCP is helping like the Marshall plan. However I don't see things getting better in Italy. In fact it is just the opposite Far more have died in Italy since the CCP offered its "help"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

When they come for you Sertorio who will speak for you?
Belly of the Beast?

No. Just paranoia... :twisted:

neverfail
Posts: 5241
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Pandemic

Post by neverfail » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 pm
"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

REVENGE for Trump's attempt to stigmatise COVID-19 as the "Chinese" virus?

(You cause me loss of face and I can do the same to you.) :twisted:

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4400
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Pandemic

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:47 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:22 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:23 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 am
Meanwhile, we have the pandemic to consider - the Marshall Plan be damned . . .
It seems that under the present crisis Russia and China are closer to the spirit of the Marshall Plan than the US...
Propaganda is painless but it brings on many changes.

The CCP has committed crimes against humanity and continues to do so. It is using the CCP Virus as a biological weapon. I don't think they intended to do that originally That it was their gross incompetence that let the virus run wild. However it should be noted

1) There is a high level bio security lab 300 yards from the Wuhan Wet market
2) The first person that got the CCP virus never went to the market along with several others that got it
3) The Bio Security lab had a history of biological leaks
4) The CCP Virus has some parts of its RNA identical to HIV
5) The CCP covered this up.
6) The CCP refused on numerous occasions to allow the Virologists from the CDC into Wuhan. What are they hiding?
7) You claim the CCP is helping like the Marshall plan. However I don't see things getting better in Italy. In fact it is just the opposite Far more have died in Italy since the CCP offered its "help"
8) The CCP has rather than excepted responsibility have gone out of their way to say that the CCP virus was brought to Wuhan by the US military.

When they come for you Sertorio who will speak for you?
Belly of the Beast?

No. Just paranoia... :twisted:
Italy wanted to restrict travel from China. China said they were being racist. Italy back down. 7500 dead in Italy.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Post Reply