Discussion of current events
SteveFoerster

Re: Trump makes history at the UN

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:28 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 am
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:29 am
Okay, do you understand the difference between being rich and being a multibillionaire that flies in a $100 million private airliner
Zero, the minimum relevant number anywhere but at the Skyscraper Owners Convention. Seriously, man, you need to stop pretending this question is some kind of checkmate move.
It is a checkmate move.

You have to explain to me why someone dumber than you knows how to build skyscrapers and make billions from it.

You have to explain to me how dumb people know how to build skyscrapers. Do you know what is involved in building skyscrapers?
He doesn't know how to build skyscrapers. He hires people who do, at best, because most of the buildings that bear his name were not built by his organization anyway.

He hasn't made billions from it. He inherited hundreds of millions decades ago and has not even had the success of a conservative index fund. He has gone bankrupt twice and has had to restructure several times. What he has now is mostly from branding other people's work and much of that is gangster money that he launders.

He is very likely not a multi billionaire. Many experts feel that he is worth a bit over 1 billion.
Checkmate. ;)
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Uh, no.
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:52 pm
Milo wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:20 am
He doesn't know how to build skyscrapers. He hires people who do,
Interesting.

Why haven't you or Steve hired these people, and why don't they work for themselves or someone other than Trump.
at best, because most of the buildings that bear his name were not built by his organization anyway.
Hmm. I wonder how he bought them. Skyscrapers are very expensive.
He hasn't made billions from it. He inherited hundreds of millions decades ago and has not even had the success of a conservative index fund. He has gone bankrupt twice and has had to restructure several times. What he has now is mostly from branding other people's work and much of that is gangster money that he launders.

He is very likely not a multi billionaire. Many experts feel that he is worth a bit over 1 billion.
Well he made enough to make the top 10 list of private airline purchases, reportedly over $100 million. I hope to one day fail at the level. I'm still waiting on your explanation of how he loan juggled or ponzi schemed his way into buying an airliner without any of his own money. I have $1000 I can Paypal you if you tell me. Or how the IRS is unable to detect criminal activity or prosecute it. Or how people who live in Canada have knowledge of Trump's criminal activity but don't know how to contact law enforcement in America.

Also, even if everything you said is true, that would make him the most successful trust fund baby that I know of. Contrast with Joe Kennedy who at one point was almost the richest man in America, yet none of his descendents have even ran a corner store successfully. Mostly a collection of sexual predators and addicts.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Are you guys saying you are too smart to own an airliner?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 pm

So Steve, lets say for a second, that tomorrow you decided to build a skyscraper.

Do you even know where to start? Would you be qualified to catch the rivets?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:36 pm

Are you saying you guys know how to do this but just decide not to, because only stupid people build skyscrapers?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Do you guys own a bunch of these but just aren't saying anything? Because only stupid people own this stuff?

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:04 am

Looks like he has yachts too.

Do only stupid people own yachts?

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:01 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:31 pm
Are you guys saying you are too smart to own an airliner?

Trump's airline went bankrupt.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Trump may well be "smart" in the same way that a sewer rat is smart. But that kind of smartness is normally classified as survivalist cunning; not high minded intelligence.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:46 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm
Trump may well be "smart" in the same way that a sewer rat is smart. But that kind of smartness is normally classified as survivalist cunning; not high minded intelligence.
Trump is stupid because he doesn't realize the consequences of his political decisions. He says he wants to make America great again and in fact he is risking dragging the US into a destructive war, which it may not survive. In that he is becoming increasingly similar to Hitler...