The Trump-Fatty Kim summit in Singapore

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: The Trump-Fatty Kim summit in Singapore

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm

A year ago the entire pundit class was on NK side and predicted a nuclear war while praising the Olympics, now Kim is a savage dictator who can never be legitimized.

[/quote]

Should any of us care what the chattering US media has to say anyhow?

You don't get real news and current affairs over there!

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:25 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote:

A year ago the entire pundit class was on NK side and predicted a nuclear war while praising the Olympics, now Kim is a savage dictator who can never be legitimized.

[/quote]
Tell us about it. It has always been that way as far back as I can remember. During the 1979 OPEC oil crisis my hometown was reported on national news as being "VIRTUAL ISOLATED" because it was 60 miles from Pittsburgh and you couldn't drive there supposedly on a quarter tank of gas. Which was complete nonsense, as you could not get gas if you had less than a quarter tank. But you could fill up if you had less.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:27 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:05 pm
Mr. Perfect wrote:

[/quote]

True. The MSM in the U.S. is unreliable, just as it is worldwide. Fortunately we have the 'net, and there's no excuse for anyone interested in news and a diversity of opinion not to be up-to-date.

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:55 pm

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Hmm, do we trust CNN and former obama officials or these guys?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 am

The Singapore meeting = a PR job for the media in which nothing of lasting value was achieved?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 am

Speaking immediately after the historic summit with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, Donald Trump revealed that Kim Jong-un has a “very good personality, he’s funny, and he’s very, very smart”
So, Cass, shouldn't you follow in the footsteps of your idol and become less childish?... 8-)

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 am
Speaking immediately after the historic summit with Fox News’ Sean Hannity, Donald Trump revealed that Kim Jong-un has a “very good personality, he’s funny, and he’s very, very smart”
So, Cass, shouldn't you follow in the footsteps of your idol and become less childish?... 8-)
But calling him “fatty Kim” is an accurate description of the man. Tell you what. Since you don’t like the word “fatty”, how about I call him “fatso Kim” instead?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 am
The Singapore meeting = a PR job for the media in which nothing of lasting value was achieved?
Maybe and maybe not. Wait and see. A lot depends on not letting up on the pressure on Fatso Kim.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:26 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:04 am
But calling him “fatty Kim” is an accurate description of the man. Tell you what. Since you don’t like the word “fatty”, how about I call him “fatso Kim” instead?
Because an accurate description of someone is solely the description of his physical aspect... In view of what Trump thought of Kim, why not call him "Likeable Kim", "Funny Kim", or "Very Smart Kim"?... It might be also a very accurate description of Kim Jong-un, and a more elegant one... But I suppose you don't much care for "elegance", a typical European trait...