Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:38 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:03 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:47 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:39 am
Fundamentalistic attitudes are not good for your (mental) health... :D
Says the guy whose anti-American attitudes are so fervent that he will support any regime, however murderous, as a preferred alternative.
You are smart enough to have realized that I do not support "any" regime.

Please. You post so much Putin regime propaganda that if they're not paying you then you're basically just leaving money on the table.
I do not take offense, because I never do. But you are trying very hard to be offensive. To you, any facts which disturb your line of reasoning is "Putin regime propaganda"... Which seems to indicate that you are unable of unbiased analysis. You are the typical type of person who falls for ideological "little books", whatever the colour of their cover...

SteveFoerster

Re: Apparent Miliary coup begining in Brazil

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 am
To you, any facts which disturb your line of reasoning is "Putin regime propaganda"...
To me, any articles published by agencies owned by the Russian government are "Putin regime propaganda", and you post such articles constantly.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am
Sertorio wrote:
To you, any facts which disturb your line of reasoning is "Putin regime propaganda"...
To me, any articles published by agencies owned by the Russian government are "Putin regime propaganda", and you post such articles constantly.
So, in your opinion, "articles published by agencies owned by the Russian government" cannot, by definition, be factual, so it is not worthwhile even reading them and analyze what they transmit. A bit shortsighted, isn't it?... It's like a Muslim refusing to read the Bible because he "knows" it is all falsehoods...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:29 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
So, in your opinion, "articles published by agencies owned by the Russian government" cannot, by definition, be factual, so it is not worthwhile even reading them and analyze what they transmit. A bit shortsighted, isn't it?... It's like a Muslim refusing to read the Bible because he "knows" it is all falsehoods...
The Muslim would read the bible to find falsehoods.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 am
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
So Steve doesn't even come up to the standards of Muslims... :lol:

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 pm

Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Ah yes, the classic manoeuvre of pretending I said something other than what I actually said, and then arguing against your own fiction rather than me.

As you might recall if it weren't so inconvenient, I have said here in the past that when RT and your other favourite sources report on Western misbehaviour that it can indeed be true, if for no other reason but that Western policymakers give them plenty of ammunition. Surely we don't agree so often that you've forgotten when it's happened?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:39 am
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Or maybe I am saying you are coming across as a religious fanatic since RT isn't the bible. :D
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:47 pm
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Ah yes, the classic manoeuvre of pretending I said something other than what I actually said, and then arguing against your own fiction rather than me.

As you might recall if it weren't so inconvenient, I have said here in the past that when RT and your other favourite sources report on Western misbehaviour that it can indeed be true, if for no other reason but that Western policymakers give them plenty of ammunition. Surely we don't agree so often that you've forgotten when it's happened?
How many different meanings can there be for this:

"To me, any articles published by agencies owned by the Russian government are "Putin regime propaganda"...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Or maybe I am saying you are coming across as a religious fanatic since RT isn't the bible. :D
Let me try and put it in simpler words:

Disbelieving something, or calling it propaganda, without bothering to read it first and try to see whether it is factual or not, is simply dumb. And dumber yet is to rely solely on the MSM for information. I watch regularly CNN, RT, I24 (Israeli television) and Al Jazeera, and I get a lot more information and analysis of facts around the world than I would get by relying solely on CNN and BBC. All of them indulge in some measure of propaganda, but it is easy to separate propaganda from fact and passing a fairly good judgement on what is happening around the world.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:

Let me try and put it in simpler words:

Disbelieving something, or calling it propaganda, without bothering to read it first and try to see whether it is factual or not, is simply dumb. And dumber yet is to rely solely on the MSM for information. I watch regularly CNN, RT, I24 (Israeli television) and Al Jazeera, and I get a lot more information and analysis of facts around the world than I would get by relying solely on CNN and BBC. All of them indulge in some measure of propaganda, but it is easy to separate propaganda from fact and passing a fairly good judgement on what is happening around the world.
Indo, I have read enough RT stories and check them out to know they mostly produce half truths and outright propaganda if the article has anything to do with the interests of the Kremlin. Sorry but it is not worth the time and effort. Particularly given that the US MSM is bad in this way as well, just WRT different interested parties.