A place to discuss the future of this Place
neverfail

Re: Forum Funding

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:11 pm

cassowary wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:07 am
DavAdmin wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm
No, there has been no response at all and the bill is fast approaching.

Anything at all helps.

PayPal: headoffice@huahinmedia.com
I paid in US$
I had the same experience but have withheld my donation for now until i can straighten out some technical difficulties I am currently suffering with my paypal account.

Memo to DavAdmin: as you can see users of this website are willing to donate; The reason why the donations have not come pouring in is that you have made it difficult for them/us to do it. Please try to put yourself in our shoes.

DavAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Funding

Post by DavAdmin » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:08 pm

@ cassowary - massive thanks for keeping this forum alive for another year, we have edited the post to remove the personal information

@ neverfail - nothing could be simpler than PayPal - it is two clicks to send money overseas. You could use a complex international SWIFT transfer but the bank is likely to eat 30% of your donation in forex spreads, commissions, and fees and take 3 days to process the payment.

Aside from those two options, there are cryptocurrencies but if users are struggling with PayPal, there is no way they will be able to make a transaction using digital assets (though it would cost virtually nothing and complete in seconds).

We have hit the target now anyway from the single donor so no further donations are necessary. Thanks again.