The Uncensored Thailand Megathread!!

For everything else for now
Doc

Re: The Uncensored Thailand Megathread!!

Post by Doc » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:28 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:14 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:53 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:59 pm
An update -

"Thai protesters hit police headquarters with paint, projectiles"
https://channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/t ... n-13583734

We'll see what the rest of the week holds . . .

Rubber ducky You're the one
You make protests lots of fun...

Has anyone taken an opinion poll as to how popular the king is?

Not to my knowledge. Any outfit in Thailand daring such a thing would be disbanded and its leaders jailed.

"Thai protestors call on king to give up royal fortune"
https://channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/t ... e-13637648

It's instructive to note how the Bangkok Post covered that protest - "reform of the monarchy" - nothing about the king's vast wealth, etc.
"We're here to protect the king. The king is the key to the unity of the people," said Santi Yanothai, 67.
:roll:
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:08 am

"Royals, capitalists, and inequality"
https://thaipoliticalprisoners.wordpres ... nequality/

The parasitic Thai ruling class . . .

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:03 pm

https://reclaimthenet.org/bangkok-citiz ... i-royalty/
Bangkok citizen locked out of country for social media posts criticizing Thai royalty
Can't get to his wife and kids.

A Frenchman who has lived in Thailand for over 18 years was denied re-entry and will be deported back to France. The 49-year-old man is well known for social media posts making fun of the Thai leadership.

Yan Marchal rose to fame in 2019, when he posted a video mocking a song by the National Council for Peace and Order, the military junta that was ruling Thailand at the time. Within a day of posting the video, it had more than 1 million views. However, the police ordered him to remove it.

After returning to Thailand from France, he was told by immigration officials that he was banned from entering the country because the government viewed him as a threat to national security. According to the Bangkok Post, he said that he was also served with a legal notice claiming that he was a potential danger to the public.

Marchal was to be deported within 48 hours from when he was served with the legal notice. He had a chance to appeal the decision within 48 hours, which he planned on doing.

Marchal was quoted explaining that he had lived in Thailand for almost two decades, and had a family here (a Thai wife and two kids). He also owns a business in Thailand.

Marchal speculated that he was banned because of his social media posts about Thailand politics.

He continues to cover Thai politics on social media, mostly Facebook. His TikTok account has gained traction, as it has 600,000 followers.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm

Doc wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:03 pm
https://reclaimthenet.org/bangkok-citiz ... i-royalty/
Bangkok citizen locked out of country for social media posts criticizing Thai royalty
Can't get to his wife and kids.

A Frenchman who has lived in Thailand for over 18 years was denied re-entry and will be deported back to France. The 49-year-old man is well known for social media posts making fun of the Thai leadership.

Yan Marchal rose to fame in 2019, when he posted a video mocking a song by the National Council for Peace and Order, the military junta that was ruling Thailand at the time. Within a day of posting the video, it had more than 1 million views. However, the police ordered him to remove it.

After returning to Thailand from France, he was told by immigration officials that he was banned from entering the country because the government viewed him as a threat to national security. According to the Bangkok Post, he said that he was also served with a legal notice claiming that he was a potential danger to the public.

Marchal was to be deported within 48 hours from when he was served with the legal notice. He had a chance to appeal the decision within 48 hours, which he planned on doing.

Marchal was quoted explaining that he had lived in Thailand for almost two decades, and had a family here (a Thai wife and two kids). He also owns a business in Thailand.

Marchal speculated that he was banned because of his social media posts about Thailand politics.

He continues to cover Thai politics on social media, mostly Facebook. His TikTok account has gained traction, as it has 600,000 followers.

Most social media are heavily censored in Thailand . Good way to get yourself disappeared.
. . .

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed May 11, 2022 9:19 pm

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed May 11, 2022 9:39 pm

Hocketing Dad wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Two days since the fear of censorship was lifted from our creaking shoulders
and Monsieur Jim has still not realized that he is now free to slander the King,
in any way he pleases.

I'm a little disappointed at the dam that did not burst... at the paucity of pent-up slander.

:roll:

I'm no authority on Thailand, unfortunately, but I have one revelation to share.

It must be 1000 times that I have driven past a Thai restaurant located 3-4 miles north of my house
every time thinking that I should stop there and have some great Thai food...

The last time that I ate at a Thai restaurant was in Bremen, many years ago
The food was absolutely fantastic, one of the best meals I ever recall.
And even more fantastic was the Thai waitress; she was pretty, gentle, charming and attentive.

At the next table there was a drunken German lout, who was very abusive, to the point of clearly evictable.
But this wonderful waitress spoke to him calmly, respectfully, and she completely controlled and quieted him down.

So I trust that describes my high expectations
going in to this little Thai restaurant here in Florida tonight, finally.

Except that the service tonight was impersonal,
and the food was execrable.

And that is the last time I will darken their door.

Thailand, Schmailand.

Lol.
Hi H Dad. So nice to hear from you again after
long. Where have you been?
The Imp :D

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed May 11, 2022 9:57 pm

cassowary wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:39 pm
He wrote that in 2016.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu May 12, 2022 2:20 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:57 pm
cassowary wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:39 pm
He wrote that in 2016.
oops
The Imp :D