Surveillance of Interest

is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe. Add your contributions here!
Milo

Surveillance of Interest

Post by Milo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

A thread concerning advances in surveillance, use of AI with it and policy thereunto.

The above series did a great job IMO in exploring the future / present of this tech. To wit, 'We can't stop it but we can be sure the good machine wins.'
Last edited by Milo on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milo

Re: Surveillance of Interest

Post by Milo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Government taps artificial intelligence firm to detect suicide warning signs.

Computer Advanced Symbolics Inc. is an artificial intelligence service company set to spend the next three months examining suicide hot spots across the country to better understand precursors to suicide.

White says the work will not identify individuals who are at risk of self harm, saying safeguards are in place to ensure individuals can't be identified within samples.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/governmen ... -1.3742668

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:33 am

Project Arachnid is an automated system that crawls like a spider through online links to detect child sexual abuse images and videos, helping ensure prompt removal.

Arachnid has processed more than 1.1 billion web pages to date and has sent over 238,000 notices to internet providers requesting the removal of material.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/feds-earm ... -1.3792897

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 pm

The phones themselves would be the easiest place to start. If investigators could obtain them, a number of forensic tools can be used to pull "deleted" messages from the hardware. "Smartphone forensics experts can retrieve just about anything from any phone. Police will often seize and analyze phones for evidence of things such as indecent photos and videos, what calls were placed when and to whom, browser history, calendar events." Since Strzok and Page used FBI phones, it's possible the text messages were recovered from the Bureau hardware.
https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/world-wears-wire/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Pretty tight video. Now about AI but it definitely demonstrates leveraging of open source data, which is crucial to AI intelligence.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:40 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros