American Shithole

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

American Shithole

Post by cassowary » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:10 pm

The left has gone bananas over Trump's use of the word, "Shithole" to describe dysfunctional countries. But let's not forget that there are cities in the US which are shitholes too and they are all run by leftists. Take a look at Detroit:



Detroit has had Democratic mayors for the past 50 years. I guess Democrats want people from shitholes to migrate to the US because they also live in shitholes.

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: American Shithole

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm

***k Detroit!

Some would claim that darn old Trump is the shithouse of a president. But we won't go into that here.

By Trump's definition, my wife's home country, The Philippines, would probably qualify as one of his "shithouse" republics. But allow me to assure him that my country has been blessed with tens of thousands of quite splendid immigrant-settlers from there. I even have three of them in my house right now!

The state of a country's development and/or mismanagement is no indication of the virtue of the people who come from there.

Immigrants from Norway? Trump would be lucky to attract more than very insignificant numbers of migrants from there these days - given that this country is reputed to enjoy a quality of life second to none.

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: American Shithole

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm

A man expresses irritation and the catamites of the public realm throw a tizzy fit over it. The scale and substance of the American enterprise is so vast, even a small aspect of it comprises a number so large it beggars the imagination. Useless people talk and have opinions; they eat and excrete waste, they break things and get in the way and the American Enterprise will just go its course. Inexorable and uncorrectable, it will arrive at the destiny fate chooses and no one weenish upset or another will make it any different........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: American Shithole

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm
A man expresses irritation and the catamites of the public realm throw a tizzy fit over it. The scale and substance of the American enterprise is so vast, even a small aspect of it comprises a number so large it beggars the imagination. Useless people talk and have opinions; they eat and excrete waste, they break things and get in the way and the American Enterprise will just go its course. Inexorable and uncorrectable, it will arrive at the destiny fate chooses and no one weenish upset or another will make it any different........
Izzy, are you trying to say that even a US has the right to get pissed off and publically show it?

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 1904
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: American Shithole

Post by cassowary » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm
***k Detroit!

By Trump's definition, my wife's home country, The Philippines, would probably qualify as one of his "shithouse" republics. But allow me to assure him that my country has been blessed with tens of thousands of quite splendid immigrant-settlers from there. I even have three of them in my house right now!
To be fair to Trump, he did not define what he meant by "shithouse". I don't consider the Phillippines to be a shithouse. The shithouse of SE Asia is Malaysia where institutional discrimination against minority religions and ethnic groups are acceptable to the majority group.

People like that should not be allowed to migrate to non-Muslim countries. Why admit people who don't like you?

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: American Shithole

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:15 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 am
lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm
A man expresses irritation and the catamites of the public realm throw a tizzy fit over it. The scale and substance of the American enterprise is so vast, even a small aspect of it comprises a number so large it beggars the imagination. Useless people talk and have opinions; they eat and excrete waste, they break things and get in the way and the American Enterprise will just go its course. Inexorable and uncorrectable, it will arrive at the destiny fate chooses and no one weenish upset or another will make it any different........
Izzy, are you trying to say that even a US [president] has the right to get pissed off and publically show it?
uh well, yeah.........

Not only that, I'd like to think there's a proverb somewhere that when you attack a man's character not to much as to damage his reputation, but to dismiss him from serious consideration, it doesn't hurt him so much as it hurts you. The biggest fermentation barrel of public opinion against POTUS is that he's vulgar and crass and we can't take him out when we go see friends. We feel embarrassed and humiliated and deem our reputation and self image damaged by this man. The public is obsessed with this. Meanwhile DJT goes about his business and does his lil' number and his song and dance and gets a few things done with less problem than he might've otherwise. He seems to be quite comfortable with this gig, the clue is he does nothing to change it......'>.......
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1832
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: American Shithole

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am

He meant SocialistHole.

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:57 pm
***k Detroit!

By Trump's definition, my wife's home country, The Philippines, would probably qualify as one of his "shithouse" republics. But allow me to assure him that my country has been blessed with tens of thousands of quite splendid immigrant-settlers from there. I even have three of them in my house right now!
To be fair to Trump, he did not define what he meant by "shithouse". I don't consider the Phillippines to be a shithouse. The shithouse of SE Asia is Malaysia where institutional discrimination against minority religions and ethnic groups are acceptable to the majority group.

People like that should not be allowed to migrate to non-Muslim countries. Why admit people who don't like you?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: American Shithole

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:51 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:57 pm
The scale and substance of the American enterprise is so vast, even a small aspect of it comprises a number so large it beggars the imagination. Useless people talk and have opinions; they eat and excrete waste, they break things and get in the way and the American Enterprise will just go its course. Inexorable and uncorrectable, it will arrive at the destiny fate chooses and no one weenish upset or another will make it any different........
You make the "American enterprise" sound like a rudderless ship IZZY.

Are you aware that a rudderless ship, especially one of the colossal size of the US, is a dire navigation hazard to all other vessels afloat on the water?

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: American Shithole

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am

To be fair to Trump, he did not define what he meant by "shithouse". I don't consider the Phillippines to be a shithouse.
Thanks Cass; I am relieved to know that you don't. But what you think of it does not matter too much as you are not the US president. What does Trump think of the Philippines?
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am
The shithouse of SE Asia is Malaysia where institutional discrimination against minority religions and ethnic groups are acceptable to the majority group.
Well, at least they seem to be doing it peacefully Cass. They tax Chinese and squeeze out Indians but that seems to be as far as they go. So if I were Straits Chinese I might be inclined to count my blessings - small though these might appear.

At least in Malaysia they have so far abstained from subjecting the local Chinese and Indians from the wholesale violent, genocidal, ethnic cleansing that the Burmese military, apparently supported by (Buddhist) Burmese opinion and mob violence, have subjected their Rohingya minority to. Or do you apply the double standard that Rohingya are fair game because they are Muslims while Malaysian Chinese are off-limits because they are not?
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am
People like that should not be allowed to migrate to non-Muslim countries. Why admit people who don't like you?
People change as they respond to the challenges of living in their adopted country.

Cass, we have been admitting New Zealanders to this country since as far back as I can recall and a lot of these dislike us motivated, as far as I can see, by nothing but a sense of envy towards this country for its greater good fortune. Yet it does not stop the same people from harbouring a strong sense of entitlement about their right to migrate here (a double standard of narcissists). Yet I have met Kiwis long resident here who have humbly admitted to me that back in their home country we got Australia wrong!.
Last edited by neverfail on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: America First?

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm

America first - Trump's quintessential campaign slogan.

With hindsight, I am still amazed that he was able to get away with using this electioneering catchphrase unchallenged. I cannot recall a single US president during my lifetime who was opposed to the US national interest.

Is any reader aware that historically America First was an omnibus movement opposed to America's entry into the Second World War?

No? Well , here is your opportunity to read up on it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... st/514037/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_First_Committee

Post Reply