You can quote that

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Post Reply
User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

You can quote that

Post by Doc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis talked to reporters at the Pentagon this afternoon. Asked his biggest military concern in 2018, he responded: “I don’t have concerns. I create them”
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1327
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: You can quote that

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 pm

I realise that sounds really badass and it was probably a lot of fun for him to say, but "I am not in danger, I am the danger" is not what people should hear from top military officials of countries that supposedly make the world safer rather than the opposite.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: You can quote that

Post by Doc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 pm
I realise that sounds really badass and it was probably a lot of fun for him to say, but "I am not in danger, I am the danger" is not what people should hear from top military officials of countries that supposedly make the world safer rather than the opposite.
He is saying it for the moral of the troops he commands and the people he protects.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail
Posts: 1975
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: You can quote that

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 am

I

He is saying it for the moral of the troops he commands and the people he protects....

...yeah; and makes even more enemies for the US abroad through his asinine boastfulness.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: You can quote that

Post by Doc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 am

I

He is saying it for the moral of the troops he commands and the people he protects....

...yeah; and makes even more enemies for the US abroad through his asinine boastfulness.
More "enemies" Really?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 1327
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Northern Virginia, USA and Dominica, West Indies
Contact:

Re: You can quote that

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:21 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 am
He is saying it for the moral of the troops he commands and the people he protects....
...yeah; and makes even more enemies for the US abroad through his asinine boastfulness.
More "enemies" Really?
Yes, really.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1830
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: You can quote that

Post by Doc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:38 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:21 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:51 am
Doc wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:58 am
He is saying it for the moral of the troops he commands and the people he protects....
...yeah; and makes even more enemies for the US abroad through his asinine boastfulness.
More "enemies" Really?
Yes, really.
Who? The DC Establishment that says the Trump White House is in Chaos?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Re: You can quote that

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:43 pm

The cartoonist pointed out that Trump also gave himself a "forever name" in his last tweet, although "very stable genius" may be a bit of a mouthful. He suggested that the president use POTUS VSG from now on. "You have to admit, that's a keeper," he said.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/scott-adam ... ly-genius/
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Post Reply