Treason

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Jim the Moron
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Treason

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 am

Definition: Treasonous - The political actions of folks with whom you disagree.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Treason

Post by Doc » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 am
Definition: Treasonous - The political actions of folks with whom you disagree.
True: Benedict Arnold disagreed with congress over his lack of promotion.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat May 04, 2019 3:25 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 am
Definition: Treasonous - The political actions of folks with whom you disagree.
True: Benedict Arnold disagreed with congress over his lack of promotion.
Although my post was offered up tongue-in-cheek, it does seem as if that is how "treason" is being defined by the creatures of the DC swamp these days. For the record:

U.S. Constitution Article 3 Section 3 - Treason
https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A3Sec3.html

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Treason

Post by Doc » Sat May 04, 2019 9:09 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:25 am
Doc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:09 am
Definition: Treasonous - The political actions of folks with whom you disagree.
True: Benedict Arnold disagreed with congress over his lack of promotion.
Although my post was offered up tongue-in-cheek, it does seem as if that is how "treason" is being defined by the creatures of the DC swamp these days. For the record:

U.S. Constitution Article 3 Section 3 - Treason
https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A3Sec3.html
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
China - Missile technology
Iran - Cash money, Really bad treaty
Russia - Uranium One
Al Qaeda - Weapons transfers to Syria via Benghazi

The biggest problem is that the DC establishment has grown a taste for foriegn government money. And that in most cases is treason

Corruption of Blood
Corruption of Blood was part of ancient English penalty for treason. It was usually part of a Bill of Attainder, which normally sentenced the accused to death. The corruption of blood would forbid the accused's family from inheriting his property. Such bills and punishments were often inflicted upon Tories by colonial governments immediately following independence. Source: 381 US 437
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sat May 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Constitutionally Treason is siding with an enemy, a war time enemy. Eg Russia is not an "enemy", which is what liberals have been trying to invent.

More dictionary versions are simply betrayal in general. The illegal activities by governmental officials and various Democrats are not in fact Treason, but crimes against democracy nonetheless.

Trying to orchestrate a coup as hamfisted as it was is not treason in the Constitutional sense, but it was among the ultimate betrayals. It was a crime against democracy and the rule of law.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat May 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:02 pm
Constitutionally Treason is siding with an enemy, a war time enemy. Eg Russia is not an "enemy", which is what liberals have been trying to invent.

More dictionary versions are simply betrayal in general. The illegal activities by governmental officials and various Democrats are not in fact Treason, but crimes against democracy nonetheless.

Trying to orchestrate a coup as hamfisted as it was is not treason in the Constitutional sense, but it was among the ultimate betrayals. It was a crime against democracy and the rule of law.
Yep. It appears that that is exactly what happened - a conspiracy to remove a lawfully elected president by unlawful means. That's treason in my book.

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun May 05, 2019 7:09 pm

In other countries attempts to overthrow the government in such a manner was met with executions.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Milo » Thu May 09, 2019 4:01 pm

You guys are all aware that the Special Counsel was appointed by Trump's AG in accordance with all law and policy?

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Mr. Perfect » Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 pm

How many ways do you want to be wrong about this.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Treason

Post by Milo » Fri May 10, 2019 6:13 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:07 pm
How many ways do you want to be wrong about this.
What's wrong with my assertion?

Post Reply