Religion and US politics

High Culture, Religion, Philosophy and Esoterica.
Jim the Moron

Religion and US politics

Post by Jim the Moron » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:01 am

Pre-WASP days, JFK broke the spell. Not much has changed since. There appears to be a possibility that the Dems might front a Joe Biden/Tulsi Gabbard ticket. Gabbard's a (gasp!) Hindu. What next - a ticket including a Muslim/Jew/Buddhist? The mind boggles.

As it happens, there have been perhaps more than a few pagan POTUS's. No, I'm not gonna name names.

Milo

Re: Religion and US politics

Post by Milo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:08 am

A Jew, although not a practising one, is quite likely next time.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am

It would be nice to have an agnostic President who would cut the " May God be with America" nonsense... Why would God - any God - want to be with the war waging, bomb dropping, child killing America?... In fact, if He exists, I bet He is thinking of another major flood to clear the face of the Earth of this malign species... And I don't mean only the Americans...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:35 am
It would be nice to have an agnostic President who would cut the " May God be with America" nonsense... Why would God - any God - want to be with the war waging, bomb dropping, child killing America?... In fact, if He exists, I bet He is thinking of another major flood to clear the face of the Earth of this malign species... And I don't mean only the Americans...
Not to worry. I, and like-minded agnostic folks, will be bobbing around in our canoes, waiting for the Great Flood to recede, eager to jump-start society.

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:01 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Not to worry. I, and like-minded agnostic folks, will be bobbing around in our canoes, waiting for the Great Flood to recede, eager to jump-start society.

Sign me up!

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:22 pm

armchair_pundit wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:01 pm
Sertorio wrote:

Sign me up!
Them's some major lungs. Is that what the future holds? If so, there ain't enough canoes to accommodate all believers.