Crooked Trump!

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Crooked Trump!

Post by Milo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:00 pm

U.S. President Donald Trump's foundation served as a personal piggy bank for his businesses, legal bills and presidential campaign, New York's attorney general said Wednesday as she sued the charity and its directors — Trump and his children Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump.​

The lawsuit says the foundation illegally helped support the Republican's campaign by raising money at a nationally televised fundraiser in January 2016, then allowing campaign staffers to dictate how the money was spent in grants.

Among the transactions the lawsuit cited as illegal was a $10,000 payment to the Unicorn Children's Foundation for a portrait of Trump purchased at a fundraising auction in 2014. The portrait would end up decorating a wall at Trump's Doral golf resort near Miami, according to a report in the Washington Post.

Another $100,000 went to another charity in 2007 to settle a legal dispute over a flagpole erected in violation of local ordinances at Mar-a-Lago, Trump's private club and sometime residence in Palm Beach, Fla.

The lawsuit challenges the foundation's role in an Iowa fundraiser for military veterans that Trump organized in 2016 instead of taking part in one of the Republican debates.

Some $2.8 million went to the foundation, the lawsuit said, and the foundation wrongly ceded control of those funds to Trump's campaign staff, who wrongly disbursed grants at campaign rallies for Trump's political benefit. Tax-exempt nonprofit groups are legally required to avoid partisan politics.

The foundation had no employees, had never written a required protocol for disbursing funds and its board of directors, which "existed in name only," had not met since 1999, the lawsuit said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-york-s ... -1.4705730

neverfail
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:08 am

US politics attracts some truly grubby characters, doesn't it?

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:12 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:08 am
US politics attracts some truly grubby characters, doesn't it?
This guy is the grubber in chief!

neverfail
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:30 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:12 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:08 am
US politics attracts some truly grubby characters, doesn't it?
This guy is the grubber in chief!
:lol:

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Doc » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 am

Milo wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:00 pm
U.S. President Donald Trump's foundation served as a personal piggy bank for his businesses, legal bills and presidential campaign, New York's attorney general said Wednesday as she sued the charity and its directors — Trump and his children Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Ivanka Trump.​

The lawsuit says the foundation illegally helped support the Republican's campaign by raising money at a nationally televised fundraiser in January 2016, then allowing campaign staffers to dictate how the money was spent in grants.

Among the transactions the lawsuit cited as illegal was a $10,000 payment to the Unicorn Children's Foundation for a portrait of Trump purchased at a fundraising auction in 2014. The portrait would end up decorating a wall at Trump's Doral golf resort near Miami, according to a report in the Washington Post.

Another $100,000 went to another charity in 2007 to settle a legal dispute over a flagpole erected in violation of local ordinances at Mar-a-Lago, Trump's private club and sometime residence in Palm Beach, Fla.

The lawsuit challenges the foundation's role in an Iowa fundraiser for military veterans that Trump organized in 2016 instead of taking part in one of the Republican debates.

Some $2.8 million went to the foundation, the lawsuit said, and the foundation wrongly ceded control of those funds to Trump's campaign staff, who wrongly disbursed grants at campaign rallies for Trump's political benefit. Tax-exempt nonprofit groups are legally required to avoid partisan politics.

The foundation had no employees, had never written a required protocol for disbursing funds and its board of directors, which "existed in name only," had not met since 1999, the lawsuit said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-york-s ... -1.4705730
Trump Foundation 0% administrative costs. Clinton Foundation 94.6% administrative costs. Both registered in NY State. Comes out the same day as the DOJ IG report. Funny that
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 am

Is it just me or am I seeing foreigners interfere in US politics and therefore elections.

Seems like Mueller could start scanning this forum.

neverfail
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:01 am
Is it just me or am I seeing foreigners interfere in US politics and therefore elections.

Seems like Mueller could start scanning this forum.
On this website you are seeing foreigners voice opinions: a right guaranteed us under your constitution. :D

Mr. Perfect
Posts: 462
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 am

Not anymore. mueller indicted people for that recently. You could be next.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 1662
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:11 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 am
Not anymore. mueller indicted people for that recently. You could be next.
Looking forward to it!... :twisted:

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 1331
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Crooked Trump!

Post by Milo » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:52 am

Trump Foundation 0% administrative costs. Clinton Foundation 94.6% administrative costs.
That is not true.

Charity Watch says the Clinton Foundation spends in the order of 12% on administration.

https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-an ... dation/478

And although spending a charity's money on giant paintings of Trump is not "administrative costs", that does not to me make it a sound expenditure.

Post Reply