SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:30 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:33 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:29 am
Having a reliable picture of North Korea is not easy.
It's actually pretty easy to see the accounts from people who have escaped from there. But you've long since proven capable of ignoring anything that doesn't support an anti-American narrative and believing anything that does, no matter how gullible you have to be to do so.
You will believe anything, as long as it fits your biased views. Can you fully trust the description of North Korea given by those who ran away?
Yes.
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:26 am
There are Americans who have, in the last few years, renounced their citizenship and moved to Europe. Would you trust them to give an objective view of the US?...
Having lived both inside the U.S. and outside it, yes, actually.
Your knowledge of statistics doesn't seem to be very good. You accept biased samples far too easily...
That would bite harder if it weren't coming from someone who takes Kremlin propaganda at face value solely because it fits his preferred narrative.
Even if was taking Kremlin propaganda at face value - which I don't - I would never support my opinions on surveys using biased samples. For instance, believing that Bashar al-Assad uses chemical weapons based on information received from the White Helmets... Believing Russia was behind the poisonning of the Russian spy and his daughter, based on information supplied by MI5... Believing Crimea was forcibly annexed by Russia, based on the views of the Ukrainian government... And so on...

SteveFoerster

Re: The Trump-Fatty Kim summit in Singapore

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:25 am
Even if was taking Kremlin propaganda at face value - which I don't - I would never support my opinions on surveys using biased samples.
When you habitually post it without comment, it's pretty tough to tell the difference.
Sertorio wrote:
For instance, believing that Bashar al-Assad uses chemical weapons based on information received from the White Helmets...
I don't believe that either, actually, because it would mean Assad had taken actions that gained him nothing and lost him much. He may be evil, but he's not stupid.
Sertorio wrote:
Believing Russia was behind the poisonning of the Russian spy and his daughter, based on information supplied by MI5...
I find that plausible based on their past behaviour, but it's not open-and-shut.
Sertorio wrote:
Believing Crimea was forcibly annexed by Russia, based on the views of the Ukrainian government... And so on...
I believe that a majority of Crimeans are happy with the outcome. But that's not the objection to unilateral annexation of another country's territory, nor does it absolve Russian military action in Eastern Ukraine, which is an invasion.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac