Trump wins!

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Trump wins!

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:49 am

I think the Marx Brothers were a lot better...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ig-report/

Report: Andrew McCabe Seeks Immunity Deal for Testimony
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:05 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ig-report/

Report: Andrew McCabe Seeks Immunity Deal for Testimony
This is the beginning of the end for Clinton. We could see the re-opening of the email case.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:49 am

I must say that if things are about the same come the midterms, the democrats will not get many gains or maybe none.

Unless the female voters wake up. I do not know what that will take.

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 am

Looking like it. The 15 point generic ballot advantage has completely evaporated, and was probably a lie like the polling most of the year in 2016. It was always a 2-3 point race despite showing Trump down by 10.

Fundraising for Democrats has been poor, and they've thrown the kitchen sink at him and haven't scratched him or the party.

If the Democrats can't win anything this time there is really no time they will win again.

After a brutal loss in 2020 I think the Democrats will not longer be a national party.

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:51 am

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 am

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 am
Looking like it. The 15 point generic ballot advantage has completely evaporated, and was probably a lie like the polling most of the year in 2016. It was always a 2-3 point race despite showing Trump down by 10.

Fundraising for Democrats has been poor, and they've thrown the kitchen sink at him and haven't scratched him or the party.

If the Democrats can't win anything this time there is really no time they will win again.

After a brutal loss in 2020 I think the Democrats will not longer be a national party.
People are starting to figure out that "Trump - Russia" collusion is the entire Democratic party platform.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm

“I suspect that if Trump walked across Lake Mille Lacs,” Mr. Westling added, “the media would announce, ‘Trump can’t swim!’”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/06/2 ... -to-trump/
New York Times| Top News
Numb to outrage, Republican voters feel a deepening bond to Trump

LEESBURG, Va. >> Gina Anders knows the feeling well by now. President Donald Trump says or does something that triggers a spasm of outrage. She doesn’t necessarily agree with how he handled the situation. She gets why people are upset.

But Anders, 46, a Republican from suburban Loudoun County, Virginia, with a law degree, a business career, and not a stitch of “Make America Great Again” gear in her wardrobe, is moved to defend him anyway.

“All nuance and all complexity — and these are complex issues — are completely lost,” she said, describing “overblown” reactions from the president’s critics, some of whom equated the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children and parents to history’s greatest atrocities.

“It makes me angry at them, which causes me to want to defend him to them more,” Anders said.

In interviews across the country over the past few days, dozens of Trump voters, as well as pollsters and strategists, described something like a bonding experience with the president that happens each time Republicans have to answer a now-familiar question: “How can you possibly still support this man?” Their resilience suggests a level of unity among Republicans that could help mitigate Trump’s low overall approval ratings and aid his party’s chances of keeping control of the House of Representatives in November.

“He’s not a perfect guy; he does some stupid stuff,” said Tony Schrantz, 50, of Lino Lakes, Minnesota, the owner of a water systems leak detection business. “But when they’re hounding him all the time it just gets old. Give the guy a little.”

Republican voters repeatedly described an instinctive, protective response to the president, and their support has grown in recent months: Trump’s approval rating among Republicans is now about 90 percent. And while polling has yet to capture the effect of the last week’s immigration controversy, the only modern Republican president more popular with his party than Trump at this point in his first term, according to Gallup, was George W. Bush after the country united in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Trump has also retained support across a range of demographics other than the working-class voters who are most identified with him. This includes portions of the wealthy college-educated people in swing counties, like Virginia’s Loudoun, in the country’s most politically competitive states.

Many of these voters say their lives and the country are improving under his presidency, and the endless stream of tough cable news coverage and bad headlines about Trump only galvanizes them further — even though some displayed discomfort on their faces when asked about the child separation policy, and expressed misgivings about the president’s character