Alfie Evans death by government -- UK declaring virtual marshall law?

Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: Alfie Evans death by government -- UK declaring virtual marshall law?

Post by Doc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:10 pm

NEXT

https://voiceofeurope.com/2018/04/swedi ... eY.twitter
Swedish minister says the country’s elderly are the problem and not refugees
By Joshua Cullen 29 April 2018

Sweden’s Minister of Social Affairs, Annika Strandhäll, told newspaper Aftonbladet that the country’s elderly and not refugees, are overloading the healthcare system.

The Swedish health care system is so overloaded that the care queues for surgery are so long that patients literally start to rot, Aftonbladet reported earlier.

Strandhäl is convinced this is not due to mass migration to Sweden. When readers of Aftonbladet claim that it is the acceptance of refugees that has made Swedish healthcare worse, the minister answers:

“That’s not true, that’s not true! We have a rapidly aging population in Sweden. Life expectancy increases by 3.5 hours a day and we have a larger number of chroniclers with life-long relationships with healthcare today than 30 years ago.”

According to Strandhäll, “the number of people aged 70 years and older will increase by 300,000 by 2025. That is the big problem, according to her. Refugee reception has nothing to do with it”.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:08 pm
Milo wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:43 pm

The UK has laws against spreading false information.

That is in part why pro lifers don't get much traction there.
Interesting. Can someone be a pro lifer only on the basis of false information?... :shock:
This thread proves that quite nicely.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 am

Milo wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:

Interesting. Can someone be a pro lifer only on the basis of false information?... :shock:
I would say that is a rather simplistic view. Strange as it may seem to you, some people are principled...

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm

Milo wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:

The Parents of Ailfie Evans were denied by the UK government to leave the UK to get medical attention for Alfie. Seems an iron curtain is descending around the UK
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm
Milo wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:

The Parents of Ailfie Evans were denied by the UK government to leave the UK to get medical attention for Alfie. Seems an iron curtain is descending around the UK
The Catholic Church has offered its help in Italy. What the UK government fears is that if the boy lives on for a long time in Italy, it will look bad on them for denying resources to keep him alive in the UK. The public will demand that the NHS fork out the money to keep such patients alive. They don't have the money to do it for all such cases.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:49 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm
Doc wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:06 pm
Milo wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Milo wrote:

The Catholic Church has offered its help in Italy. What the UK government fears is that if the boy lives on for a long time in Italy, it will look bad on them for denying resources to keep him alive in the UK. The public will demand that the NHS fork out the money to keep such patients alive. They don't have the money to do it for all such cases.
SO how is that different from the Iron Curtain that surrounded the Soviet Union?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:10 am

https://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2018/04/2 ... -question/

"The idea of using algorithms in end-of-life care understandably makes people uneasy, so it's important to be clear: AI isn't going to make decisions for patients or for doctors, and it's not going to deny nor discourage care."

And what about decisions by government agencies?

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:15 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:10 am
https://blogs.wsj.com/experts/2018/04/2 ... -question/

"The idea of using algorithms in end-of-life care understandably makes people uneasy, so it's important to be clear: AI isn't going to make decisions for patients or for doctors, and it's not going to deny nor discourage care."

And what about decisions by government agencies?
You can be sure that at some point they will talk about using a "Human Gas"

1934:
"I appeal to the chemists to discover a humane gas that will kill instantly and painlessly. Deadly by all means, but humane, not cruel."
- George Bernard Shaw

2018: "I appeal to the software developers to create a new AI that will decide who to kill instantly and painlessly. Deadly by all means, but humane, not cruel"

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:18 am

There are several such gasses, the most common of which is nitrogen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inert_gas_asphyxiation
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun May 06, 2018 6:22 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trenton-mc ... 018-05-06/
Boy regains consciousness after parents sign papers to donate his organs

A 13-year-old boy who suffered severe brain trauma in an accident regained consciousness after his parents signed paperwork to donate his organs. Trenton McKinley of Mobile, Alabama, suffered the injury two months ago when a small utility trailer he was riding flipped over.

"I hit the concrete, and the trailer landed on top of my head. After that, I don't remember anything," he told WALA-TV.

He suffered seven skull fractures in the accident, and his parents were told that Trenton would never be the same.

His mother, Jennifer Reindl, said she signed the papers to donate Trenton's organs because five kids needing transplants were a match.

"A man from the UAB organ donation came and talked to us in the family conference room about donating five organs to UAB children's hospital that would save five other children. We said yes, that also insured that they would continue to keep Trenton alive to clean his organs for the donation," Reindl told CBS News on Sunday.

But just a day before doctors were set to end Trenton's life support, he showed signs of cognition, and now he's slowly going through recovery.

"The next day he was scheduled to have his final brain wave test to call his time of death but his vitals spiked so they cancelled the test," Reindl said.