Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: South Korea won't ask for withdrawal of US troops in any peace deal with the North

Post by Sertorio » Thu May 03, 2018 1:40 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:20 pm

The US needs to focus on Asia instead.
The US needs to focus on its own problems at home. Infraestructure decay, economic problems, rampant violence, minority discrimination, imploding democratic institutions...
cassowary wrote:
The era of fanatical emperor worshipping, banzai shouting, baby killing Japanese rapist-soldiers is over.
Your delicate approach to other peoples never ceases to amaze me...

cassowary

Re: South Korea won't ask for withdrawal of US troops in any peace deal with the North

Post by cassowary » Thu May 03, 2018 4:29 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:40 am
cassowary wrote:

The US needs to focus on its own problems at home. Infraestructure decay, economic problems, rampant violence, minority discrimination, imploding democratic institutions...
The world needs US help. I hope they stay engaged in Asia. I don't want to see Asia Pacific become vassals of China.
cassowary wrote:
The era of fanatical emperor worshipping, banzai shouting, baby killing Japanese rapist-soldiers is over.
Your delicate approach to other peoples never ceases to amaze me...
What I said is true. During WWII, the Japanese worshipped their emperor as a god. The soldiers would throw babies in the air and catch them with bayonets. They captured women and forced them to become sex slaves.

That was why Gen Douglas McArthur gave them a pacifist constitution. But those days are over. Time to update.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu May 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:40 am
cassowary wrote:

Reports of America's demise have been greatly exaggerated, but it's true that the U.S. should stop acting like Globocop. If you don't feel well enough defended, we'll sell you all the F-35s you want.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Milo

Re: Fatty KIm: N Korea no longer needs nukes

Post by Milo » Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm

So, Trump the "dealmaker" strikes again!

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm
Is Trump using Pence to say what he does not want to say directly or is the Trump administration
so utterly undisciplined that Trump has neither control nor co-ordination over what his subordinates say? What is your opinion to explain this apparent futile screwing about in diplomacy?

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 am
Believing Kim Jong Un is like believing Donald trump. You would need to be crazy to do it.
Trump: "We are cancelling our meeting with Kim Jong Un due to their extreme hostility"

North Korea: "Wait, what?" Oh no we really didn't mean it...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

North Korea said it is ready to talk to U.S. ‘at any time,’ responding to Trump’s cancellation of summit with Kim Jong Un
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 4:29 pm
Is Trump using Pence to say what he does not want to say directly or is the Trump administration
so utterly undisciplined that Trump has neither control nor co-ordination over what his subordinates say? What is your opinion to explain this apparent futile screwing about in diplomacy?
There's no objective way to tell what's going on.

My guess is that Trump runs everything like a crooked real estate deal but NK's nuke program is dead, due to their lack of restraint in running the tests.

How else to explain NK putting on such a show, without any concessions from the US?

"Kim Jong-un made good on his promise to demolish North Korea's nuclear test site, which was formally closed in a series of huge explosions Thursday as a group of foreign journalists looked on."

"The North also did not invite international inspectors to the ceremony, which limits its value as a serious concession."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-summ ... -1.4675637

I expect the summit to be back on whenever NK thinks they can milk the situation some more.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 am

Milo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm
...NK's nuke program is dead, due to their lack of restraint in running the tests...
NK's nuke programme is not dead, it is complete. The testing ground now imploded was no longer usable, so destroying it cost NK nothing. NK has the nukes, and has the means to deliver them, no need for more tests for quite some time. Stopping all tests will allow China and Russia stopping all economic sanctions against NK, so Kim is not in need of any talks with the US. All Kim needs is continuing to talk to Moon, hoping to negotiate a peace treaty which would include the removal of all US troops from South Korea.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 am
Milo wrote:
...NK's nuke program is dead, due to their lack of restraint in running the tests...
NK's nuke programme is not dead, it is complete. The testing ground now imploded was no longer usable, so destroying it cost NK nothing. NK has the nukes, and has the means to deliver them, no need for more tests for quite some time. Stopping all tests will allow China and Russia stopping all economic sanctions against NK, so Kim is not in need of any talks with the US. All Kim needs is continuing to talk to Moon, hoping to negotiate a peace treaty which would include the removal of all US troops from South Korea.
So many absolutes!

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri May 25, 2018 9:24 am

Milo wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 4:38 am
Milo wrote:
So many absolutes!
Just logic assessment of facts and their consequences...