Trump wants Arab allies to replace US troops in Syria

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: an afterthought.

Post by neverfail » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:17 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am
.... It's to confine Islamic savagery to Islamic lands while allowing Kurds in Kurdistan and Jews in Israel to live in peace.
Jim, speaking of "confining savagery": is it not high time that the US confined its much noted propensity for violence to within its own borders; ruining the lives and happiness only of Americans instead of periodically inflicting it on countries abroad in the form of launching futile wars; thereby ruining the lives and happiness of millions of foreigners as well?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
.... It's to confine Islamic savagery to Islamic lands while allowing Kurds in Kurdistan and Jews in Israel to live in peace.
Jim, speaking of "confining savagery": is it not high time that the US confined its much noted propensity for violence to within its own borders; ruining the lives and happiness only of Americans instead of periodically inflicting it on countries abroad in the form of launching futile wars; thereby ruining the lives and happiness of millions of foreigners as well?
Amen...

Sertorio

Re: Trump wants Arab allies to replace US troops in Syria

Post by Sertorio » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:50 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:06 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:14 am

We will have to wait and see. But Bashar al-Assad will get the chance to show which one of us is right, because he will win the war.
I agree that he shall win. But will his victory make either Assad a better person or Syria a better country?
It will make Assad a more realistic person, and thus will make Syria a better country...

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:29 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:17 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Amen...
Amen also . . . Violence within US borders is of course undesirable. And "launching futile wars" has been a feature of US foreign policy for far too long. But what does all of that have to do with my comments on US withdrawal from the ME scene? Diversionary twaddle.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 am

"Syria and the beginning of a new Cold War"
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opini ... 30047.html

Is this what the future holds for non-Muslim folks who care to pitch their tents on barbaric Islamic lands?

"Events of the past two months, indeed, have shown that the conflict in Syria has gradually assumed the character of a Cold-War struggle."

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:04 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Sure, I'd like to see peace and freedom in every society, but I'm not sure which outcomes are supposed to be more in "my Western interest". No matter who wins, they'll still sell oil, and anything else seems to relate to my life distantly at best.
If you mean that then you are looking at the ME through a very narrowly focused set of horse blinkers indeed!
Not really. Remember that there's a big difference between caring about something and being personally affected by it.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac