Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: Facebook Bans Image of Jesus for ‘Excessively Violent Content’

Post by neverfail » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:31 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:31 am
Recalling who and what the founder of Facebook is, it is probably a case of Jewish censorship Cass.
The guy who's such a Judaic zealot that he... married Priscilla Chan? Stop the nonsense, the guy is a secular Millennial, it would be surprising if he gave any notice to that sort of thing at all.
Still, it arouses your suspicion that someone might have put pressure on him.

Jesus had a very violent death. Why censor the fact?

The Catholic Church has been putting it on display for centuries in the form of crucifixes. Yet no one has yet seen fit to censor the Catholic Church for its religious imagery.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:31 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Recalling who and what the founder of Facebook is, it is probably a case of Jewish censorship Cass.
The guy who's such a Judaic zealot that he... married Priscilla Chan? Stop the nonsense, the guy is a secular Millennial, it would be surprising if he gave any notice to that sort of thing at all.

The Catholic Church has been putting it on display for centuries in the form of crucifixes. Yet no one has yet seen fit to censor the Catholic Church for its religious imagery.
I agree with you Neverfail. Though Jews are increasingly secular, many have retained their hostility f for Christianity.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 am
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:

I agree with you Neverfail. Though Jews are increasingly secular, many have retained their hostility f for Christianity.
The many Jews I grew up with, studied in college with, and worked and socialized with over the years . . . not once did I hear or sense hostility towards Christianity among them. Such hostility could have been expected, considering what Europeans did to Jewish people.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:40 am
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:

The many Jews I grew up with, studied in college with, and worked and socialized with over the years . . . not once did I hear or sense hostility towards Christianity among them. Such hostility could have been expected, considering what Europeans did to Jewish people.
"Considering what Europeans did to Jewish people? " :?

:idea:

I do not disagree with that Jim. But in case you believe that the persecutions were all one way (therefore casting the Jews in the role of innocent victims of the malice of others: the preferred image promoted by Zionist propaganda) allow me to point out that in the aftermath of Jesus' death and for decades afterward the Jewish establishment were unrelenting in their efforts to stamp out even the memory that jesus had even existed. Christians were so socially stigmatised and persecuted in the holy land that they had to function as an underground secret society with their own secret signs and symbols so they could recognise one another.

The fact that these earliest of Christians were nearly all Jewish Christians (and therefore, the scenario may have been interpreted as a bunch of Jews being hounded by their own kind) is beside the point. The point being that when the Jews had the upper hand over the Christians they treated them with no more TLC kindness than when vice versa became the reality.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:

I do not disagree with that Jim. But in case you believe that the persecutions were all one way (therefore casting the Jews in the role of innocent victims of the malice of others: the preferred image promoted by Zionist propaganda) allow me to point out that in the aftermath of Jesus' death and for decades afterward the Jewish establishment were unrelenting in their efforts to stamp out even the memory that jesus had even existed. Christians were so socially stigmatised and persecuted in the holy land that they had to function as an underground secret society with their own secret signs and symbols so they could recognise one another.

The fact that these earliest of Christians were nearly all Jewish Christians (and therefore, the scenario may have been interpreted as a bunch of Jews being hounded by their own kind) is beside the point. The point being that when the Jews had the upper hand over the Christians they treated them with no more TLC kindness than when vice versa became the reality.
No doubt in the decades after the death of Jesus there were efforts by some Jews to "stamp out even the memory that Jesus had ever existed," similar to efforts by certain Roman emperors to do the same. But to speculate that that forms the basis of Zuckerberg's management decisions today - two thousand years later - well . . .

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:06 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Yes of course. Jews were persecuted for centuries.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:41 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:15 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Also don't forget the example of Yusuf Dhu Nawas, Jewish King of the Himyarites. He massacred the Christians which prompted the Ethopians to attack and destroy the Jewish Kingdom.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhu_Nuwas#His_Rule.

All three monotheism didn't get along. Whoever got the upper hand persecuted the other.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 am
No doubt in the decades after the death of Jesus there were efforts by some Jews to "stamp out even the memory that Jesus had ever existed," similar to efforts by certain Roman emperors to do the same. But to speculate that that forms the basis of Zuckerberg's management decisions today - two thousand years later - well . . .
I believe the term you're looking for is "crazy bullshit".
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:14 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
I have it on good authority that the apropos term is "crazy-assed bullshit."

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:14 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
I have it on good authority that the apropos term is "crazy-assed bullshit."
I stand corrected. :D
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac