Trump "surprisingly good'' at foreign policy.

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: Trump "surprisingly good'' at foreign policy.

Post by cassowary » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 am

Sertorio,

But the US is no threat to civilized nations. It protects others from bad guys like Putin.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:17 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:00 am
Sertorio,

But the US is no threat to civilized nations. It protects others from bad guys like Putin.
US protection is just a form of serfdom... I rather live without it...

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:17 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio,

If that is true why was Europe, until Trump complained about it paying so little and less than they agreed to for their own defense "to live"?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio,

If that is true why was Europe, until Trump complained about it paying so little and less than they agreed to for their own defense "to live"?
No rational explanation. We do not need the US to defend us. The EU countries, together, spend more than Russia in defense, but while Russia has a credible military, we do not. Time to change that.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am
Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:27 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio,

No rational explanation. We do not need the US to defend us. The EU countries, together, spend more than Russia in defense, but while Russia has a credible military, we do not. Time to change that.
All I care to say on that is that it is about time.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm

All of that matters not. Europe continues to surrender to Islam. Russia and the US are onlookers.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm
All of that matters not. Europe continues to surrender to Islam. Russia and the US are onlookers.
We do not need to get rid of Muslims in Europe. Just keep their numbers small until they reach the 20th century and start behaving in a more civilized manner...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
We do not need to get rid of Muslims in Europe. Just keep their numbers small until they reach the 20th century and start behaving in a more civilized manner...
For a start, stop accepting new Muslim immigrants. But there is still a problem with their high birth rates. My solution is to educate their women. Islam is very anti-women. It was designed as a warrior religion. Polygamy was a good idea because a nation constantly at war to expand dar-al-Islam will have lots of widows.

But an educated Muslim woman will not put up with polygamy. So this will create tensions in Muslim society. But more importantly, it will lower their birth rate. Look at Iran. After their women became educated, their birth rate plunged.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:20 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:02 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:12 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
For a start, stop accepting new Muslim immigrants. But there is still a problem with their high birth rates. My solution is to educate their women. Islam is very anti-women. It was designed as a warrior religion. Polygamy was a good idea because a nation constantly at war to expand dar-al-Islam will have lots of widows.

But an educated Muslim woman will not put up with polygamy. So this will create tensions in Muslim society. But more importantly, it will lower their birth rate. Look at Iran. After their women became educated, their birth rate plunged.
So did ours Cass.

For the sake of survival, better to keep woman ignorent so she will gladly accept her traditional role as wife, child bearer and nurturer of the family.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:16 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am

All I care to say on that is that it is about time.
Italy's Five Star Movement Lambasts NATO Policy Toward Russia
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201803 ... ssia-nato/

In an exclusive interview with Sputnik, Fabio Massimo Castaldo, a senior member of Italy's Five Star Movement and vice-president of the European Parliament, specifically commented on sending more than 100 Italian servicemen to Latvia as part of NATO's eastward expansion.

On NATO

Commenting on Rome's decision to send 150 Italian soldiers to Latvia as part of NATO's eastward enlargement, Castaldo described it as an "erroneous move that we had repeatedly criticized during our parliamentary work, mainly at the national level."

He said that the decision adds to "the atmosphere of mistrust and the arms race, which in turn has led to the present stagnation in diplomatic activity."

"I think that we should instead focus on the gradual easing of tension, not least with the help of signals that we send as an Atlantic alliance, in the hope of restoring useful and constructive relations [with Russia]," Castaldo underscored.

On the Eurozone

He said that as far as the euro is concerned, the Five Star Movement's party position "remains critical."

"We are convinced that the Eurozone should be seriously reformed and that we should switch to a policy that could lead to growth aimed at creating jobs and transforming entire sectors of the economy that are currently threatened by globalization and automation," Castaldo said.

He warned that if "the EU is unable to meet these challenges and if it moves forward, seeking to compete in a downturn at the expense of workers' rights, it is clear that it distances itself from what was its mission."

Addressing major reforms within the Eurozone, Castaldo stressed that Italy will not be able to implement them on its own.

"It will be our concern to make our partners see us as a starting point for this reforms-related activity. If Germany continues to obstruct this process, motivated by its personal materialistic interests, it will certainly face consequences," he noted.

On the Italian General Election

Castaldo also warned that Italy faces the threat of unmanageability, blaming the country's former Prime Ministers Berlusconi and Renzi for hammering out a "crazy" law.

"Berlusconi's and Renzi's goal was to obtain a law that would prevent anyone from winning [the elections] in order to have a pretext for creating a government with the participation of the Democratic Party, Forza Italia and the centrists. The Italian people said 'no' to these palace maneuvers, which are absolutely far from the citizens' problems," he said.

Castaldo added that people in Italy are waiting "in anticipation of what will be the reaction of various political forces" to the recent elections.

According to the results of the March 4 general election in Italy, the center-right coalition, consisting of Eurosceptic Lega Party, Forza Italia, Brothers of Italy and Us with Italy, won around 37 percent of the vote, while the anti-establishment Five Star Movement (M5S) received around 32 percent.
The Five Star Movement was the most voted single party in the Italian elections, so the chances are that it will participate/lead the next government. We could then see a first step being taken to get Europe out of NATO and the US out of Europe.