Australian Labor Party colluding with the Sanders campaign.

Discussion of current events
Doc

Australian Labor Party colluding with the Sanders campaign.

Post by Doc » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:36 pm

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/20 ... va-videos/
Sanders Campaign Pays Fine for Foreign Gov’t Election Meddling – FEC Credits PVA Videos

by Nick Evangelista February 28, 2018 in Top Stories / Press Releases

(New York) The 2016 presidential campaign of US Senator Bernie Sanders has agreed to pay a $14,500 civil penalty to the FEC for foreign government election meddling, “without admitting liability.” This comes as a result of a complaint filed by former NH House Speaker Bill O’Brien regarding a Project Veritas Action hidden-camera video exposing the Australian Labor Party colluding with the Sanders campaign.

The video, which received wide-spread attention from Australian media outlets, has yet to be covered by any US mainstream outlets. The “Russia-Trump collusion” narrative, on the other hand, has received nearly unprecedented media coverage.

The video, released in 2016, showed Bernie Sanders staffers in New Hampshire and Nevada explaining that the Australian Labor Party used taxpayer dollars to send the staffers to help elect the Senator. According to the FEC agreement, this means the ALP made “prohibited foreign contributions” to the Sanders campaign.

WMUR’s John DiStaso also wrote about the Sanders-FEC agreement:

“In separate agreements filed on Feb. 14, the FEC writes that by paying the youths’ transportation costs and stipends, the party made an illegal contribution to a U.S. political campaign and the Sanders campaign broke the law by accepting paid services by the Australians.”

The “Not for Sale” candidate was known to complain about Hillary Clinton’s financial ties to foreign entities and overseas connections on the campaign trail.

“Now that Project Veritas Action has uncovered undisputable video evidence that a foreign government illegally interfered with the 2016 presidential election,” said James O’Keefe, founder and President of Project Veritas Action, “will the mainstream media finally cover it?”
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Australian Labor Party colluding with the Sanders campaign.

Post by neverfail » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Doc, just in case that this was a piece of fake news, I did a bit of Google research to check this out for truth. The reason for my suspicion was the allegation of "widespread media coverage". I keep my ear to the ground re. the local media and can assure you that the word "widespread" is wrong. The only report I could come up with was this:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... stop-trump

It appeared in the Australian edition of The Guardian, normally a UK publication. You ordinarily have to be a devotee of The Guardian to tune in to it online (I am!). As the report did not appear in any of our regular media publications, such as the Fairfax or Murdoch press or our state owned Australian Broadcasting publication, the term "widespread" coverage is misleading.

Another inaccuracy in the report (your link) was that our Australian Labor Party (the ALP) used "public money" to pay the travel costs of those delegates to the Bernie Sanders campaign. Since our ALP has been out of government for several years there is no way I can see that they could have gotten their hands on any public money (at least not legally) for this purpose.

The likely reason why this rather trivial incident has not received widespread media coverage in your country is because it is no big deal anyhow. It is not unusual for aspirant members of our mainstream political parties to serve with sister parties overseas. For instance, I cannot keep count of the number of Australian Young Liberals (the right of centre Liberal Party youth wing) who, as young adults have flown over to England on working holiday visa or as students and subsently served with the UK Conservative Party whilst there. From reports I have read in the Liberal Party's own party newspaper it would seem that service with the UK Conservative Party does them no harm in furthering their careers within or through our Liberal Party.

Since the Brits never seem to kick up a stink about young Australian conservatives actively serving in the Tory Party over there I do not see why any American should regard small numbers of politically active Australians assisting either of your mainstream parties as sinister either.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:44 pm
Doc, just in case that this was a piece of fake news, I did a bit of Google research to check this out for truth. The reason for my suspicion was the allegation of "widespread media coverage". I keep my ear to the ground re. the local media and can assure you that the word "widespread" is wrong. The only report I could come up with was this:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... stop-trump

It appeared in the Australian edition of The Guardian, normally a UK publication. You ordinarily have to be a devotee of The Guardian to tune in to it online (I am!). As the report did not appear in any of our regular media publications, such as the Fairfax or Murdoch press or our state owned Australian Broadcasting publication, the term "widespread" coverage is misleading.

Another inaccuracy in the report (your link) was that our Australian Labor Party (the ALP) used "public money" to pay the travel costs of those delegates to the Bernie Sanders campaign. Since our ALP has been out of government for several years there is no way I can see that they could have gotten their hands on any public money (at least not legally) for this purpose.

The likely reason why this rather trivial incident has not received widespread media coverage in your country is because it is no big deal anyhow. It is not unusual for aspirant members of our mainstream political parties to serve with sister parties overseas. For instance, I cannot keep count of the number of Australian Young Liberals (the right of centre Liberal Party youth wing) who, as young adults have flown over to England on working holiday visa or as students and subsently served with the UK Conservative Party whilst there. From reports I have read in the Liberal Party's own party newspaper it would seem that service with the UK Conservative Party does them no harm in furthering their careers within or through our Liberal Party.

Since the Brits never seem to kick up a stink about young Australian conservatives actively serving in the Tory Party over there I do not see why any American should regard small numbers of politically active Australians assisting either of your mainstream parties as sinister either.
The assertion is that the Australian labor party interfered with the US election breaking the law in doing so......

http://www.njherald.com/article/20180301/AP/303019768
Bernie Sanders' 2016 campaign pays $14,500 to fix complaint
The Associated Press
Posted: Mar. 1, 2018 8:00 am Updated: Mar. 1, 2018 3:18 pm

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign has paid a $14,500 civil penalty to the Federal Election Commission to settle a complaint the campaign improperly accepted the services of volunteers from Australia.

The agreement between the campaign and the commission that was finalized last month says the Bernie 2016 campaign accepted the services of volunteers from the Australia Labor Party, which paid the volunteers' expenses and a stipend.

Federal election law prohibits any foreign national from donating anything of value in U.S. elections.

A statement issued by Bernie 2016 says the people on the campaign managing volunteers did not believe the stipend being paid to the seven Australians disqualified them. The campaign settled the complaint in order to avoid an expensive fight, but did not agree it broke any rules.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:56 pm

So Sanders colluded with Australia. Appoint a Special Counsel to investigate.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:46 pm

The assertion is that the Australian labor party interfered with the US election breaking the law in doing so......

http://www.njherald.com/article/20180301/AP/303019768
Point accepted!

They should have checked out the relevant law first.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 am

Foreign countries interfering with a country's election is more common than you think.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:40 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 am
Foreign countries interfering with a country's election is more common than you think.
Don't tell me!!!... :shock: :shock: :shock:

And the main culprit is and has always been the US...

lzzrdgrrl

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am

oi..... let's just turn the National Convention over to the serious punters. Roos vs. Rusks. Should be worth a bowl of crisps and popcorn. Because we're amuricans we should keep the beer consumption domestic.....;).........
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:36 am

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
oi..... let's just turn the National Convention over to the serious punters. Roos vs. Rusks. Should be worth a bowl of crisps and popcorn. Because we're amuricans we should keep the beer consumption domestic.....;).........
Hell,yes. There is much to be said in favor of consuming American beer (burp!).

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:02 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:31 am
Beer?