Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: Russia meddled in U.S. election: George W. Bush

Post by Doc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Milo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 pm
The Majority of Americans believe that Obama improperly interfered with the elections

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -campaign/

Poll: Americans ‘Overwhelmingly’ Believe Obama ‘Improperly Surveilled’ Trump Campaign

"In the IBD/TIPP survey of public opinion, we asked respondents "How closely are you following news stories about the role played by the FBI and the Department of Justice during the 2016 presidential election?" Of those who responded, 72% said they were following the story either "very closely" (39%) or "somewhat closely" (33%). Our responses were taken only from those who were following the story closely."

https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... tipp-poll/

Common technique for propagandists: collect poll data and then slice it till you get the result you want and write a strident headline. In this case the strident headline was outsourced, quite deliberately I'm sure.
Maybe But out of the people that know (72%) they think Obama is Nixon Cubed.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 pm

"Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told a congressional committee that Russia and other foreign entities were likely to attack U.S. and European elections this year and beyond, adding that Moscow believes similar efforts successfully undermined U.S. democracy two years ago.

Coats, a former senator appointed by President Donald Trump as Washington's top intelligence official, said he had already seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.

"Frankly, the United States is under attack," Coats said at the Senate intelligence committee's annual hearing on worldwide threats."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/coats-sena ... -1.4534395

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:50 pm
"Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats told a congressional committee that Russia and other foreign entities were likely to attack U.S. and European elections this year and beyond, adding that Moscow believes similar efforts successfully undermined U.S. democracy two years ago.

Coats, a former senator appointed by President Donald Trump as Washington's top intelligence official, said he had already seen evidence Russia was targeting U.S. elections in November, when Republican control of the House of Representatives and Senate are at stake, plus a host of positions in state governments.

"Frankly, the United States is under attack," Coats said at the Senate intelligence committee's annual hearing on worldwide threats."

That has been happening since at least WWI when British propaganda lead to the lynching of German Americans.

Thus far there has been no evidence that Russian Hackers changed any votes on electronic voting machines. That may happen in the future given the no paper record of most US voting machines. But that isn't Trump's fault. I lay that on Al Gore and people in SOUth FLorida that admitting they weren't bright enough to use paper ballots. .
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am
Milo wrote:

That has been happening since at least WWI when British propaganda lead to the lynching of German Americans.

Thus far there has been no evidence that Russian Hackers changed any votes on electronic voting machines. That may happen in the future given the no paper record of most US voting machines. But that isn't Trump's fault. I lay that on Al Gore and people in SOUth FLorida that admitting they weren't bright enough to use paper ballots. .
So Trump's appointee is an MI6 mole?

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:15 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 am
Milo wrote:

So Trump's appointee is an MI6 mole?
Happy Birthday Frederick Douglass

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Republican Frederick Douglass

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am

Thirteen Russians have been charged with interfering in the US 2016 election, in a major development in the FBI investigation.

Three of those named have been accused of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and five have been accused of aggravated identity theft.

The announcement was made by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is probing alleged Russian meddling.

Three Russian companies are also named in the indictment.

The indictment says some of the defendants used computer systems in the US to hide the Russian origin of their activities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43092085

neverfail

Re: a conspiracy story stranger than a work of fiction?

Post by neverfail » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:14 am
Thirteen Russians have been charged with interfering in the US 2016 election, in a major development in the FBI investigation.

Three of those named have been accused of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and five have been accused of aggravated identity theft.

The announcement was made by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is probing alleged Russian meddling.

The indictment says some of the defendants used computer systems in the US to hide the Russian origin of their activities.

That makes a lot of sense Milo.

A century ago Vladimir Lenin spoke of "useful fools" abroad who would help further the ambitions of his Bolshevik state. I am sure that, borrowing a leaf from Lenin's copybook, another Vladimir currently holding power in Moscow must be delighted with the "USEFUL FOOL" his plants in the US helped get incumbent in the White House.

Hillary might be a crook but at least she would be too astute to allow the likes of Putin put one over her.

Milo

Re: a conspiracy story stranger than a work of fiction?

Post by Milo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:55 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:04 pm
Milo wrote:

That makes a lot of sense Milo.

A century ago Vladimir Lenin spoke of "useful fools" abroad who would help further the ambitions of his Bolshevik state. I am sure that, borrowing a leaf from Lenin's copybook, another Vladimir currently holding power in Moscow must be delighted with the "USEFUL FOOL" his plants in the US helped get incumbent in the White House.

Hillary might be a crook but at least she would be too astute to allow the likes of Putin put one over her.
And this isn't over.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Milo wrote:

You know Milo, I find myself wondering why, as soon as the 2016 election was over, Putin did not promptly order those thirteen back to the safety of Russia? They had by then surely served their useful purpose.

Leaving them in place within the USA speaks to be of overconfidence, even smugness, on the part of the Russians.

Did they really believe that American law enforcement was so slack they would never be caught?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:06 pm
Milo wrote:

You know Milo, I find myself wondering why, as soon as the 2016 election was over, Putin did not promptly order those thirteen back to the safety of Russia? They had by then surely served their useful purpose.

Leaving them in place within the USA speaks to be of overconfidence, even smugness, on the part of the Russians.

Did they really believe that American law enforcement was so slack they would never be caught?
The Russians conducted most of their activities out of St Petersburg and likely won't ever see the inside of a US courtroom.