CCP arrests all of its Semiconductor CEOs

Discussion of current events
Doc

CCP arrests all of its Semiconductor CEOs

Post by Doc » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: CCP arrests all of its Semiconductor CEOs

Post by Doc » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:14 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm
https://moneyweek.com/economy/people/60 ... n-vanishes
Zhao Weiguo: China’s No. 1 chip tycoon vanishes
Zhao Weiguo rode a decades-long boom in China pursuing Beijing’s core industrial policy of semiconductor self-sufficiency. Then he fell foul of Xi Jinping.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:03 am

Doc wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:14 pm
Doc wrote:
Zhao Weiguo rode a decades-long boom in China pursuing Beijing’s core industrial policy of semiconductor self-sufficiency. Then he fell foul of Xi Jinping.
They are very good at vanishing people. My son's ex girl friend also vanished. Her father was a politician and police officer who was close to Bo Xilai. They don't just vanish the culprit but their families too.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:03 am
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
They are very good at vanishing people. My son's ex girl friend also vanished. Her father was a politician and police officer who was close to Bo Xilai. They don't just vanish the culprit but their families too.
It makes me wonder. Hunter Biden got over $1 billion from the CCP what happens to the Biden family if the CCP does not get a return on their investment?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:07 pm

Doc wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 am
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
It makes me wonder. Hunter Biden got over $1 billion from the CCP what happens to the Biden family if the CCP does not get a return on their investment?
Nothing. He is American. And from a powerful family. They don’t want to start a war. $1 billion for a large nation is peanuts. They think of it as a bribe.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:07 pm
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
Nothing. He is American. And from a powerful family. They don’t want to start a war. $1 billion for a large nation is peanuts. They think of it as a bribe.
I think the CCP does want to start a war. At least XI does. He want to be emperor. At the moment he will be lucky to live out the rest of the year outside of prison. A war would be a great distraction from China self inflicted economic woes that were at least partly, if not largely, caused by XI himself.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:16 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:53 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:07 pm
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
I think the CCP does want to start a war. At least XI does. He want to be emperor. At the moment he will be lucky to live out the rest of the year outside of prison. A war would be a great distraction from China self inflicted economic woes that were at least partly, if not largely, caused by XI himself.
No Xi does not want to start a war. Whoever fires the first shot will lose the war.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:12 am

Doc wrote:
I think the CCP does want to start a war. At least XI does. He want to be emperor. At the moment he will be lucky to live out the rest of the year outside of prison.
Wishful thinking. There's no reason to expect that Xi won't still in power on 1st January 2023.
Doc wrote:
A war would be a great distraction from China self inflicted economic woes that were at least partly, if not largely, caused by XI himself.
Sabre rattling is, but a war in which the world is annihilated? No, not so much.
cassowary wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:16 am
No Xi does not want to start a war. Whoever fires the first shot will lose the war.
No matter who fires the first shot, everyone would lose such a war.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:12 am

That's true in the case of a nuclear war. But not so in a conventional war. If both sides are wise enough to refrain from using nukes, then I believe the first side that shoots first will incur the wrath of the people of the other side. They will be most united and determined as Americans were after Pearl Harbour.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:03 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:12 am
Doc wrote:
I think the CCP does want to start a war. At least XI does. He want to be emperor. At the moment he will be lucky to live out the rest of the year outside of prison.
Wishful thinking. There's no reason to expect that Xi won't still in power on 1st January 2023.
Then you haven't been paying attention.
Doc wrote:
A war would be a great distraction from China self inflicted economic woes that were at least partly, if not largely, caused by XI himself.
Sabre rattling is, but a war in which the world is annihilated? No, not so much.
Said no authoritarian dictator ever.
cassowary wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:16 am

If you are going to lose anyway ......