Victory Seen by an Ukrainian Journalist

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Victory Seen by an Ukrainian Journalist

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:20 am

https://www.rt.com/russia/560107-zelens ... bass-hell/

On Tuesday, Ukrainian journalist Yuriy Butusov, embedded with the military in Donbass, posted an expletive-laden report from Peski calling it a “meat grinder.” Butusov infamously filmed himself firing a cannon on the Donbass “separatists” last year.

“There is no counter-battery fire, none at all,” he wrote on Tuesday. Russian forces were firing “6,500 shells per f****g village in less than 24 hours. It’s been like this for six days now, and it’s hard to fathom how any number of our infantry remain alive under this barrage.”

Ukrainian troops were holding the line, Butusov claimed, but “without counter-battery fighting, it turns into a senseless meat grinder, where huge numbers of our infantry are chewed up in one day.” According to Butusov, a reserve platoon that tried to advance was taken apart in minutes, with only one out of 15 men left unharmed.

“All the reserves are spent, the military equipment goes up in flames, and the enemy approaches and takes our positions without any problems after another barrage of artillery,” he wrote. “Right now we are losing Péski, all our human and material capabilities are almost exhausted.”
A supporting text, from an Ukrainian source (machine translated):
Piski. Meat grinder
Resonance Censor.NET War in Ukraine
Author: Serhiy Gnezdilov Source: https://censor.net/ua/r3358083

https://censor.net/ua/resonance/3358083 ... myasorubka

No, I'm not whining.

Two mortars 82 and 120 are working on our side.

Sometimes he wakes up and "sneezes" two artillery barrels in the direction of Donetsk.

We hardly respond. There is no counter-battery fire, from the word go, the enemy puts artillery shells in our trenches without any problems, dismantles very strong, concrete positions in tens of minutes, pushing our defense line without pause or minimal rest.

The day before yesterday, it broke, and a river of two or three hundred was poured. I will not publish any statistics, it is forbidden in our country, but you have no idea the number and percentage of losses.

This is a hell of a meat grinder, where the battalion simply holds back the onslaught with their bodies.

For almost a week, we have been waiting for at least some kind of help that would hit the enemy's artillery, we, I repeat, are being fired with impunity with everything that the Russian military system is rich in, the aviation was working today.

I am proud of the leadership of the battalion that remained here with us. The combatant is with us, everyone is with us, contused, light three hundred, bandaged and returned after a couple of hours to the position, if you can call these bottomless ravines that way.

There is a war going on.

But without a counter-battery fight, it turns into a senseless meat grinder, where an insane amount of our infantry is ground up in a day.

Did you really want the truth? Here it is, the naked truth.

The reserve goes to the position, closes the breakthrough, and after five minutes, only one of the 15 people remains intact.

The bodies lie. If it's a light 300, maybe you'll be lucky, you'll faint, and you'll get out on foot, you'll reach the medics.

They just took the three hundredth. He shouted all the way: - Where is the support? Where is the artillery? Why were we abandoned? Why didn't anyone cover us?

I don't know, my friend, why no one covered us... He screams, and I'm ashamed that I'm still safe and sound, only a couple of good deafening.

I threw up, I'm sorry, and I'm back in action.

All reserves are destroyed, military equipment is on fire, the enemy approaches and without any problems occupies our positions after another barrage of artillery.

Right now we are losing the Sands, all our human and material resources are almost exhausted.

Denys, a resident of Mariupol, who told me "well, I trust the arrestee, we will return everything back very soon" is dead. He was wounded twice, they bandaged him right in the trench, they told him, Denchyk, go to the evacuation, but he answered "guys, I will not abandon you."

Both wounded for the first time, and after the second wounding, he continued to shoot back.

We still haven't taken his body. On the ruins of Piski, he lies with his arms outstretched and his gaze frozen. He asks for revenge. How can I refuse his latest request? How can we all leave Dan?

I believe that Dimka survived after all. Because he could not die, having recently returned from the hospital, having just proposed to his girlfriend. They say that after one of the parishes he simply disappeared. It fell asleep with earth. But, I believe that this is a mistake, and he is alive. Foolish hope and expectation.

I know, my country does not like to think aloud. But, I was left with no choice between victory and arrest. The truth should be heard, not whispers in the kitchen. Of course, he will fly separately for this post, because how? Yes, does the state lie to its own citizens?

I won't be surprised if someone says today: "Kremlin agent Sirozh talked about the brilliant plan of the victors on the Donetsk front, let's hang him on the Peacemaker."

I amused to say that everything is under control. Now in Pisky, everything is not under anyone's control, but for some reason the situation is being hushed up.

Ring broken bells while we cover Piski with bodies.

We need artillery.

Give us something here to hold on to.

Serhiy Hnezdilov Source: https://censor.net/ua/r3358083
But it's so much more fun to believe the Ukraine is defeating Russia thanks to all those expensive weapons being offered by the West. Maybe the western leaders should go to Piski and help the Ukrainians win this war...

Sertorio

Re: Snake island recaptured by Ukraine as Russia withdrew

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 am

You are funny! Said island is presently unoccupied by both Ukraine and Russia. It's an empty rock without any military value.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:32 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 am
You are funny! Said island is presently unoccupied by both Ukraine and Russia. It's an empty rock without any military value.
Ukrainian flag on Snake Island.

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-says-reta ... a-62402810
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:47 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:32 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:14 am
Ukrainian flag on Snake Island.

https://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-says-reta ... a-62402810
The flag is no longer standing and no Ukrainian soldier remains in the island after it was bombed by Russia. Presently the island is deserted, both sides knowing that bombing by the other side would make it impossible to remain there. But you are easily enough satisfied with irrelevancies.

cassowary

BBC on Snake island

Post by cassowary » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:10 am

The Imp :D

Sertorio

Re: BBC on Snake island

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:16 am

From your link:
The island is exposed to attacks from all directions from air and sea, and the small garrison tasked with defending it - first Ukrainians and later Russians - has been described as "sitting ducks" by military experts.
Which is very much what I have been saying, but while preferring the BBC you cannot even read it right...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:22 am

That BBC report is dated 30 June - over a month ago. Things have likely moved on since.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:33 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:22 am
That BBC report is dated 30 June - over a month ago. Things have likely moved on since.
Moved like what?...

Milo

Re: Victory Seen by an Ukrainian Journalist

Post by Milo » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 am

Proof that Russia is conducting a brutal, indiscriminate campaign.

And Ukraine has journalists freely reporting from the front, unlike Russia.

This is why Russia has so many problems with this campaign, without any meaningful critique, they tend to repeat mistakes.