Germany has Become a Joke

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Germany has Become a Joke

Post by Sertorio » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:32 am

Germany promises to help Taiwan if China attacks
https://www.rt.com/news/560079-germany- ... wan-china/

Germany has warned China against escalating tensions with Taiwan and has vowed to assist Taipei in case of a conflict with Beijing, Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock announced on Tuesday during a UN Non-Proliferation Treaty conference in New York as reported by Der Spiegel.

“We do not accept when international law is broken and a larger neighbor attacks its smaller neighbor,” said Baerbock, adding that this principle applied to China as well.

Baerbock’s statement comes amid increased tensions between the US and China as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is reportedly expected to visit Taiwan on Tuesday. Beijing has repeatedly warned that it would interpret such a move as an encroachment on its sovereignty and an affront to the One China policy which Washington officially recognizes.
The dummy Baerbock seems to ignore that international law does not apply in the relations between China and Taiwan, because Taiwan is a part of China. And I would be delighted to see how Germany plans to come to the assistance of Taiwan... :D

Doc

Re: Germany has Become a Joke

Post by Doc » Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:33 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:32 am
Germany promises to help Taiwan if China attacks
https://www.rt.com/news/560079-germany- ... wan-china/

Germany has warned China against escalating tensions with Taiwan and has vowed to assist Taipei in case of a conflict with Beijing, Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock announced on Tuesday during a UN Non-Proliferation Treaty conference in New York as reported by Der Spiegel.

“We do not accept when international law is broken and a larger neighbor attacks its smaller neighbor,” said Baerbock, adding that this principle applied to China as well.

Baerbock’s statement comes amid increased tensions between the US and China as US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is reportedly expected to visit Taiwan on Tuesday. Beijing has repeatedly warned that it would interpret such a move as an encroachment on its sovereignty and an affront to the One China policy which Washington officially recognizes.
The dummy Baerbock seems to ignore that international law does not apply in the relations between China and Taiwan, because Taiwan is a part of China. And I would be delighted to see how Germany plans to come to the assistance of Taiwan... :D
OK then. SO since China is not legally entitled to the South China sea as per international law when can we expect China to evacuate the islands it built there AS PER INTERNATIONAL LAW? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Re: Germany has Become a Joke

Post by neverfail » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:02 pm

As David Goldman has recently pointed out (again): if the US were to wage a conventional war against China over Taiwan it would lose.

Considering just how remote Germany is from Taiwan and how Germany has allowed its own armed force to run down to near nothing I fear that Germany's foreign minister has made an empty promise.