The left should be happy with Biden

Discussion of current events
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

The left should be happy with Biden

Post by cassowary » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 47938.html
The Left should be ecstatic that President Joe Biden has given them everything they wanted.

The Left likes inflation. It reduces the value of old money by printing lots of new money. Those richer who have it, lose the value of their money; those poorer who don't have any money, suddenly do.

When combined with low interest rates, inflation roars even louder. Not since former President Jimmy Carter has a Democrat been so insistent on inflating the money supply.

For decades, the Left has amplified former Energy Secretary Steven Chu's 2008 dream that the government must spike fuel costs up to European levels. That was seen as the best way to force unsophisticated Americans to quit burning gas and transition to renewable energy. Biden took that sermon seriously.

He canceled federal energy leases. He shut down drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He canceled pipelines and warned the oil industry its days were numbered. Biden has done more than any other Democrat to ensure fossil fuels were unaffordable, forcing America's supposedly unthinking consumers to drive less or consider ditching their gas-engine cars altogether.

The hard American Left always wanted unlimited illegal immigration. Biden agreed and has been lax on security at the southern border.

The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Imp :D

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3808
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am
The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
OMG, the over the top rhetoric! :lol:

Nearly three million over two years means 0.4% of the US population per year. That's trivial to assimilate, especially considering the long term economic benefit.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
lzzrdgrrl
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 pm
Location: Okie Doke

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:19 am

Welp....... Here's Tucker.......;D.........

I'm not a midwit, I'm a demiderp. Says so on the certificate which I just bought.....'>....

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by cassowary » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am
The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
OMG, the over the top rhetoric! :lol:

Nearly three million over two years means 0.4% of the US population per year. That's trivial to assimilate, especially considering the long term economic benefit.
Benefit? Are these well educated with say PhD's?
The Imp :D

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3808
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:02 pm

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am
The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
OMG, the over the top rhetoric! :lol:

Nearly three million over two years means 0.4% of the US population per year. That's trivial to assimilate, especially considering the long term economic benefit.
Benefit? Are these well educated with say PhD's?
Have you spent so little time around academics that you think that PhD holders are the pinnacle of meaningful productivity? Because I promise you that there's nothing like a career in higher education to give one a healthy disregard for academic expertise.

Anyway, I've said it recently here, but I'll point it out again. Even if one only takes the myopic short term view, yes, people who are willing to work their asses off all day are an economic benefit, even when they start out unskilled. But more important is the long term view, because their kids will, statistically speaking, be at least as well educated and productive as mine. North America isn't doing immigrants a favour when we don't get in their way to be here; we need them.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by neverfail » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:10 pm

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 47938.html
The Left should be ecstatic that President Joe Biden has given them everything they wanted.

The Left likes inflation. It reduces the value of old money by printing lots of new money. Those richer who have it, lose the value of their money; those poorer who don't have any money, suddenly do.

When combined with low interest rates, inflation roars even louder. Not since former President Jimmy Carter has a Democrat been so insistent on inflating the money supply.

For decades, the Left has amplified former Energy Secretary Steven Chu's 2008 dream that the government must spike fuel costs up to European levels. That was seen as the best way to force unsophisticated Americans to quit burning gas and transition to renewable energy. Biden took that sermon seriously.

He canceled federal energy leases. He shut down drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. He canceled pipelines and warned the oil industry its days were numbered. Biden has done more than any other Democrat to ensure fossil fuels were unaffordable, forcing America's supposedly unthinking consumers to drive less or consider ditching their gas-engine cars altogether.

The hard American Left always wanted unlimited illegal immigration. Biden agreed and has been lax on security at the southern border.

The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bollocks Cassowary! You do not know what you are talking about.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by cassowary » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:02 pm
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:41 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:44 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:56 am
The result is that in less than two years, nearly 3 million illegal aliens have surged into the United States. Nearly all of them arrived unvaccinated, untested, and inadequately vetted during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
OMG, the over the top rhetoric! :lol:

Nearly three million over two years means 0.4% of the US population per year. That's trivial to assimilate, especially considering the long term economic benefit.
Benefit? Are these well educated with say PhD's?
Have you spent so little time around academics that you think that PhD holders are the pinnacle of meaningful productivity? Because I promise you that there's nothing like a career in higher education to give one a healthy disregard for academic expertise.

Anyway, I've said it recently here, but I'll point it out again. Even if one only takes the myopic short term view, yes, people who are willing to work their asses off all day are an economic benefit, even when they start out unskilled. But more important is the long term view, because their kids will, statistically speaking, be at least as well educated and productive as mine. North America isn't doing immigrants a favour when we don't get in their way to be here; we need them.
Why don’t you have an immigration policy like we do to attract skilled labour? Give priority to better educated or richer immigrants. They too will have kids who will be well educated. In that way, you benefit both in the short and long term. Why are you leaving it to chance. Some illegals may be criminals running away from the law in their countries.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:02 pm
North America isn't doing immigrants a favour when we don't get in their way to be here; we need them.
Yes you do. To do the productive work you no longer do, to have the children you no longer want to have, and to fight the wars you are no longer capable of fighting on your own...Diluting the Anglo arrogance is a plus point...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3808
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:17 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm
Why don’t you have an immigration policy like we do to attract skilled labour? Give priority to better educated or richer immigrants. They too will have kids who will be well educated. In that way, you benefit both in the short and long term. Why are you leaving it to chance. Some illegals may be criminals running away from the law in their countries.
Why? Nativism, mostly. I'm the first to agree that US immigration policy is really shortsighted, and I'd be happy to make it easier for just about anyone who wants to come. In particular, you've heard me say before that those who graduate from US universities, especially in STEM subjects, ought to have greencards automatically stapled to their diplomas.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: The left should be happy with Biden

Post by Milo » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:03 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:17 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:12 pm
Why don’t you have an immigration policy like we do to attract skilled labour? Give priority to better educated or richer immigrants. They too will have kids who will be well educated. In that way, you benefit both in the short and long term. Why are you leaving it to chance. Some illegals may be criminals running away from the law in their countries.
Why? Nativism, mostly. I'm the first to agree that US immigration policy is really shortsighted, and I'd be happy to make it easier for just about anyone who wants to come. In particular, you've heard me say before that those who graduate from US universities, especially in STEM subjects, ought to have greencards automatically stapled to their diplomas.
In hindsight maybe the US should’ve conquered Mexico.

Post Reply