Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Milo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Milo » Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:00 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 pm
I have read somewhere that Western countries have been supplying Ukraine with weapons and munitions by running down their own inventories and have not been manufacturing sufficient amounts fast enough to replace the shortfall. That raises the question "for how much longer can they keep it up"?

Conversely, Putin has not placed his country on a war footing either and Russia has needed to dig into old Soviet era stocks of weapons to supply its military in Ukraine also.

it looks like a metaphorical race to the bottom.
There’s no question that the West would win a manufacturing race with Russia.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:06 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:00 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 pm
I have read somewhere that Western countries have been supplying Ukraine with weapons and munitions by running down their own inventories and have not been manufacturing sufficient amounts fast enough to replace the shortfall. That raises the question "for how much longer can they keep it up"?

Conversely, Putin has not placed his country on a war footing either and Russia has needed to dig into old Soviet era stocks of weapons to supply its military in Ukraine also.

it looks like a metaphorical race to the bottom.
There’s no question that the West would win a manufacturing race with Russia.
If the West hadn't left most of the manufacturing to the Chinese...

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:25 am

TWO HIMARS AND A HARPOON LAUNCHER DESTROYED IN UKRAINE
https://southfront.org/two-himars-and-a ... ssian-mod/

In its daily briefing on August 1, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the destruction of two more HIMARS MRLS and a Harpoon launcher in Ukraine.

The HIMARS supplied from the United States were destroyed as a result of the strike on the Ukrainian Energy Machines plant in Kharkiv. 53 Ukrainian servicemen and foreign mercenaries were also killed.

A Harpoon launcher was destroyed as a result of a missile strike near the town of Velyky Dalnik in the Odessa region.

The Russian Aerospace Forces also struck the temporary deployment point of the 92nd Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the Kharkiv outskirts. Up to 200 Ukrainian fighters were destroyed.

Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry reported that from July 5 to July 20, four HIMARS were destroyed by Russian forces in Ukraine.

The first two HIMARS launchers were destroyed on July 6. LINK On July 17, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced that it had destroyed the third HIMARS multiple rocket-launching system and a transport-loading vehicle in Ukraine. LINK According to the Russian military, the fourth launcher was hit on the eastern outskirts of Konstantinovka in the DPR.

On July 24, the Ministry of Defense announced that the military destroyed a warehouse with more than 100 missiles for the American HIMARS multiple rocket launcher systems in the Dnipropetrovsk region of Ukraine. The attack was carried out near the village of Lyubimovka. Up to 120 soldiers who were guarding the warehouse were killed, as well as “foreign mercenaries and technical specialists,” the ministry said in a statement.

Thus, the number of destroyed US-HIMARS in Ukraine reached 6 systems.
Eventually all of them will be destroyed...

User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8888
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by neverfail » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:43 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:06 am
Milo wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:00 pm
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:08 pm
I have read somewhere that Western countries have been supplying Ukraine with weapons and munitions by running down their own inventories and have not been manufacturing sufficient amounts fast enough to replace the shortfall. That raises the question "for how much longer can they keep it up"?

Conversely, Putin has not placed his country on a war footing either and Russia has needed to dig into old Soviet era stocks of weapons to supply its military in Ukraine also.

it looks like a metaphorical race to the bottom.
There’s no question that the West would win a manufacturing race with Russia.
If the West hadn't left most of the manufacturing to the Chinese...
Not in weaponry, only in consumer goods.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:27 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:25 am
TWO HIMARS AND A HARPOON LAUNCHER DESTROYED IN UKRAINE
https://southfront.org/two-himars-and-a ... ssian-mod/

In its daily briefing on August 1, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the destruction of two more HIMARS MRLS and a Harpoon launcher in Ukraine.

The HIMARS supplied from the United States were destroyed as a result of the strike on the Ukrainian Energy Machines plant in Kharkiv. 53 Ukrainian servicemen and foreign mercenaries were also killed.

A Harpoon launcher was destroyed as a result of a missile strike near the town of Velyky Dalnik in the Odessa region.

The Russian Aerospace Forces also struck the temporary deployment point of the 92nd Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the Kharkiv outskirts. Up to 200 Ukrainian fighters were destroyed.

Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry reported that from July 5 to July 20, four HIMARS were destroyed by Russian forces in Ukraine.

The first two HIMARS launchers were destroyed on July 6. LINK On July 17, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced that it had destroyed the third HIMARS multiple rocket-launching system and a transport-loading vehicle in Ukraine. LINK According to the Russian military, the fourth launcher was hit on the eastern outskirts of Konstantinovka in the DPR.

On July 24, the Ministry of Defense announced that the military destroyed a warehouse with more than 100 missiles for the American HIMARS multiple rocket launcher systems in the Dnipropetrovsk region of Ukraine. The attack was carried out near the village of Lyubimovka. Up to 120 soldiers who were guarding the warehouse were killed, as well as “foreign mercenaries and technical specialists,” the ministry said in a statement.

Thus, the number of destroyed US-HIMARS in Ukraine reached 6 systems.
Eventually all of them will be destroyed...
So says a believer of Southfront, RT, Tass, all Russian propaganda outlets.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:52 pm

cassowary wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:27 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:25 am
TWO HIMARS AND A HARPOON LAUNCHER DESTROYED IN UKRAINE
https://southfront.org/two-himars-and-a ... ssian-mod/

In its daily briefing on August 1, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the destruction of two more HIMARS MRLS and a Harpoon launcher in Ukraine.

The HIMARS supplied from the United States were destroyed as a result of the strike on the Ukrainian Energy Machines plant in Kharkiv. 53 Ukrainian servicemen and foreign mercenaries were also killed.

A Harpoon launcher was destroyed as a result of a missile strike near the town of Velyky Dalnik in the Odessa region.

The Russian Aerospace Forces also struck the temporary deployment point of the 92nd Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the Kharkiv outskirts. Up to 200 Ukrainian fighters were destroyed.

Earlier, the Russian Defense Ministry reported that from July 5 to July 20, four HIMARS were destroyed by Russian forces in Ukraine.

The first two HIMARS launchers were destroyed on July 6. LINK On July 17, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced that it had destroyed the third HIMARS multiple rocket-launching system and a transport-loading vehicle in Ukraine. LINK According to the Russian military, the fourth launcher was hit on the eastern outskirts of Konstantinovka in the DPR.

On July 24, the Ministry of Defense announced that the military destroyed a warehouse with more than 100 missiles for the American HIMARS multiple rocket launcher systems in the Dnipropetrovsk region of Ukraine. The attack was carried out near the village of Lyubimovka. Up to 120 soldiers who were guarding the warehouse were killed, as well as “foreign mercenaries and technical specialists,” the ministry said in a statement.

Thus, the number of destroyed US-HIMARS in Ukraine reached 6 systems.
Eventually all of them will be destroyed...
So says a believer of Southfront, RT, Tass, all Russian propaganda outlets.
You wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you in the ass... :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:54 am



The Ukrainians have denounced Russian claims of destroyed Himars as fake news.
The Imp :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6060
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Russians are in panic mode over HIMARS

Post by cassowary » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-panic-m ... sk-1724238
"Then it doesn't matter who the Russians bring—the Kadyrov [Chechen] troops, the Buryats—they are already in panic mode over these long-range precision weapons, which are pounding their positions."

"There are already reports of mass desertions from different Russian units because this is a real war, it's horrific and no one wants to be sent to their death.
Igor Girkin, a former Russian intelligence official who commanded pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine in 2014—have lamented Russia's apparent inability to stop the weapons, despite the presence of advanced anti-aircraft systems.

Haidai said the sensitive Russian targets are now near defenseless. "All these S-300s and other missile defense systems have been completely powerless in the face of our newly acquired artillery, unable to prevent multiple strikes on ammunition depots and command centers," he said.

Newsweek has contacted the Russian Foreign Ministry to request comment.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Russians are in panic mode over HIMARS

Post by Sertorio » Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:01 am

cassowary wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-panic-m ... sk-1724238
"Then it doesn't matter who the Russians bring—the Kadyrov [Chechen] troops, the Buryats—they are already in panic mode over these long-range precision weapons, which are pounding their positions."

"There are already reports of mass desertions from different Russian units because this is a real war, it's horrific and no one wants to be sent to their death.
Igor Girkin, a former Russian intelligence official who commanded pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine in 2014—have lamented Russia's apparent inability to stop the weapons, despite the presence of advanced anti-aircraft systems.

Haidai said the sensitive Russian targets are now near defenseless. "All these S-300s and other missile defense systems have been completely powerless in the face of our newly acquired artillery, unable to prevent multiple strikes on ammunition depots and command centers," he said.

Newsweek has contacted the Russian Foreign Ministry to request comment.
And the Earth is flat...

Image

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Russians are in panic mode over HIMARS

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:14 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:01 am
And the Earth is flat...

Image
And if TASS told you that, you'd not only believe it, you'd smugly tell us all how much more intelligent you are than everyone else because you believe it and everyone else doesn't.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Post Reply