Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:18 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Sertorio,

Most people here do not believe you or your disinformation sources - TASS, RT, South Front. All these are controlled by the Russian government.
You may choose not to believe me, but if you use your brains you will realize that I am mostly right. And I am not influenced by any Russian sources, I am at most partially informed by them of those things censored by the western press. Eventually you will realize it, but meanwhile you prefer fantasizing...

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Many think that part of the reason for using the Wagner group is they are not officially Russian soldiers, so they do not count in the casualty figures.
The Wagner group is a professional military unit made up of Russian former soldiers and therefore very efficient. Why shouldn't Russia use them? It does for Russia what CIA controlled fighting groups do for the US, with the difference that CIA does not insist on using Americans...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6059
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:27 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:39 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Sertorio,

Most people here do not believe you or your disinformation sources - TASS, RT, South Front. All these are controlled by the Russian government.
TASS is the former Soviet Union newsagency and its mission was to promote the interests of the Communist Party of the USSR and world socialism generally. Nothing to do with propagating the truth for its own sake. When you ever read truth in its pronouncements and reports it was only because there were times when being truthful was actually in the best interests of the ruling party and the cause.
In other words, truth does not matter so long as it serves the interests of the communist party, socialism and the USSR/Russia.
Well, they have a lot in common with wide sections of our Western media towards which we the public still tend to be too trusting. The difference being that while Russian publications today like those of the Soviet Union before it pushed/push the official party line the untruthfulness in Western publications has more to do with enhancing the bottom line of the proprietors' balance sheets. Hence the widespread use of (shock-horror) sensationalism and slanting to enthrall and titillate readers and viewers - like those that have been a hallmark of Rupert Murdock's media interests over his entire career as a media mogul.
I agree. But in the west, unlike Russia, there is free speech. You get dozens of publications printing a wide variety of opinions. We are constantly bombarded with different news each supporting the opinion of the editor. So many opinions. In Russia and China there is only one opinion - that of the dictator at the top. Thus we have a better chance to get the truth than they do.

If you are smart and well read, like me, you get the truth most of the time. Hahaha
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:30 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:27 am
...in the west, unlike Russia, there is free speech. You get dozens of publications printing a wide variety of opinions. We are constantly bombarded with different news each supporting the opinion of the editor. So many opinions. In Russia and China there is only one opinion- that of the dictator at the top. Thus we have a better chance to get the truth than they do.
Russians and Chinese have access to the internet, so they know what the western media is saying. To think they are kept in ignorance is a very naïve idea...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6059
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:54 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:18 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Sertorio,

Most people here do not believe you or your disinformation sources - TASS, RT, South Front. All these are controlled by the Russian government.
You may choose not to believe me, but if you use your brains you will realize that I am mostly right. And I am not influenced by any Russian sources, I am at most partially informed by them of those things censored by the western press. Eventually you will realize it, but meanwhile you prefer fantasizing...
The western press don’t censor stuff. They publish what they think is true. Or they lost credibility and that means lower profits. Western press are known for having opinions which can be right or wrong. But that is different from giving you false information.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:58 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:54 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:18 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Sertorio,

Most people here do not believe you or your disinformation sources - TASS, RT, South Front. All these are controlled by the Russian government.
You may choose not to believe me, but if you use your brains you will realize that I am mostly right. And I am not influenced by any Russian sources, I am at most partially informed by them of those things censored by the western press. Eventually you will realize it, but meanwhile you prefer fantasizing...
The western press don’t censor stuff. They publish what they think is true. Or they lost credibility and that means lower profits. Western press are known for having opinions which can be right or wrong. But that is different from giving you false information.
The fake chemical weapons attacks in Syria are a good example of the western media deliberately lying.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6059
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:08 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:58 am
cassowary wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:54 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:18 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:17 pm
Sertorio,

Most people here do not believe you or your disinformation sources - TASS, RT, South Front. All these are controlled by the Russian government.
You may choose not to believe me, but if you use your brains you will realize that I am mostly right. And I am not influenced by any Russian sources, I am at most partially informed by them of those things censored by the western press. Eventually you will realize it, but meanwhile you prefer fantasizing...
The western press don’t censor stuff. They publish what they think is true. Or they lost credibility and that means lower profits. Western press are known for having opinions which can be right or wrong. But that is different from giving you false information.
The fake chemical weapons attacks in Syria are a good example of the western media deliberately lying.
They only reported what they heard and believed to be true. How do you know it’s false? Tass told you?
The Imp :D

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 4254
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Milo » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 am
Milo wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Many think that part of the reason for using the Wagner group is they are not officially Russian soldiers, so they do not count in the casualty figures.
The Wagner group is a professional military unit made up of Russian former soldiers and therefore very efficient. Why shouldn't Russia use them? It does for Russia what CIA controlled fighting groups do for the US, with the difference that CIA does not insist on using Americans...
Everybody knows that most people at work for Wagner are not Russians.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 8298
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:36 am

Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:41 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:25 am
Milo wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Many think that part of the reason for using the Wagner group is they are not officially Russian soldiers, so they do not count in the casualty figures.
The Wagner group is a professional military unit made up of Russian former soldiers and therefore very efficient. Why shouldn't Russia use them? It does for Russia what CIA controlled fighting groups do for the US, with the difference that CIA does not insist on using Americans...
Everybody knows that most people at work for Wagner are not Russians.
Prove it.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 6059
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Western Weapons are Helping the Ukraine to Win the War

Post by cassowary » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:24 am

Hey Sertorio. You are always showing us what the Russian government is saying. Now watch this. It’s from the US government.

The Imp :D

Post Reply