The Cost of Trying to Remain a Hegemon

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: The Cost of Trying to Remain a Hegemon

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm
Actually we are all going to die, does that mean that someone is justified in killing us?... :shock:
neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:12 pm
A profound thought on your part Sertorio for which I commend you (Umm, do you ever think about what comes after death?).

Even in the case of the US led invasion of Iraq, the purpose was not to kill people for the sake of killing them. The deaths were more like a sacrifice for the higher cause of ridding the world of an odious regime.
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:37 pm
When you "sacrifice" people in some other country so as to change its regime, the term for that is "war crime".
Absurd definition. It insinuates that the war to rid the world of Nazi Germany was fought in vain b7y the allies because they perpetrated a "war crime". We should have surrendered to the Axis powers and allowed them to walk all over us I suppose?

Milo

Re: The Cost of Trying to Remain a Hegemon

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:14 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:41 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:05 pm
Actually we are all going to die, does that mean that someone is justified in killing us?... :shock:
neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:12 pm
A profound thought on your part Sertorio for which I commend you (Umm, do you ever think about what comes after death?).

Even in the case of the US led invasion of Iraq, the purpose was not to kill people for the sake of killing them. The deaths were more like a sacrifice for the higher cause of ridding the world of an odious regime.
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:37 pm
When you "sacrifice" people in some other country so as to change its regime, the term for that is "war crime".
Absurd definition. It insinuates that the war to rid the world of Nazi Germany was fought in vain b7y the allies because they perpetrated a "war crime". We should have surrendered to the Axis powers and allowed them to walk all over us I suppose?
Exactly!