The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7809
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 am

World War 3 for dummies
By Gaius Baltar
https://thesaker.is/world-war-3-for-dummies/

Some knowledgeable people, apparently including the Pope, are beginning to suspect that there may be more going on in the world than just the war in the Ukraine. They say that World War 3 has already started and things will get worse from now on. This can be difficult to determine while we are participating in the unfolding events and do not have the benefit of the historical perspective. It is doubtful that people back in 1939 realized that they were looking at the start of a major worldwide conflict, although some may have suspected it.

The current global situation is in many ways like a giant jigsaw puzzle where the general public only sees a tiny part of the complete picture. Most don’t even realize that there may be more pieces and don’t even ask these simple questions: Why is all this happening and why is it happening now?

Things are more complicated than most people realize. What they see is the evil wizard Vladimir Saruman Putin invading innocent Ukraine with his orc army – for absolutely no reason. This is a simplistic view, to say the least because nothing happens without a reason. Let’s put things in perspective and see what is really going on – and why the world is going crazy before our eyes. Let’s see what World War 3 is all about.

The pressure cooker

The West (which we can define here as the US and the EU and a few more) has been maintaining pressure on the entire world for decades. This does not only apply to countries outside the West, but also to Western countries which strayed from the diktats of the West’s rulers. This pressure has been discussed widely and attributed to all kinds of motives, including neocolonialism, forced financial hegemony, and so forth. What is interesting, particularly during the last 20 years, is which countries have been pressured and what they do not have in common.

Among the pressured countries we find Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela, Libya, Syria, Serbia, Thailand, and Iran to mention a few. There have also been recent additions, including India and Hungary. In order to understand why they have been pressured, we need to find out what they have in common. That’s not easy since they are extremely different in most ways. There are democracies and non-democracies, conservative and communist governments, Christian, Muslim and Buddhist countries, and so on. Still, many of them are very clearly allied. One must ask why conservative and religious countries such as Russia or Iran would ally themselves with Godless communists in Cuba and Venezuela.

What all these countries have in common is their desire to run their own affairs; to be independent countries. This is unforgivable in the eyes of the West and must be tackled by any means necessary, including economic sanctions, color revolutions, and outright military aggression.

The West and its NATO military arm had surrounded Russia with hostile countries and military bases, armed and manipulated Ukraine to be used as a hammer against it, and employed sanctions and threats. The same thing was and is happening in Asia where China is being surrounded by all means available. The same applies to all the Independents mentioned above to some extent. In the past 10 years or so the pressure has increased massively on the Independents and it reached almost a fever pitch in the year before the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

During the year before the Ukraine war, the US sent its diplomats around the world to tune up the pressure. They were like a traveling circus or a rock band on a tour, but instead of entertainment, they delivered threats: buy this from us and do what we tell you or there will be consequences. The urgency was absolute and palpable, but then came the Ukraine war and the pressure went up to 11. During the first month of the war, the entire West’s diplomatic corps was fully engaged in threats against the ‘rest of the world’ to engineer the isolation of Russia. This didn’t work, which resulted in panic in political and diplomatic circles in the US and Europe.

All this pressure through the years, and all the fear and panic when it didn’t work, are clearly related to the events in the Ukraine. They are a part of the same ‘syndrome’ and have the same cause.

(...)

During the last few decades, the economy of the US and Europe has been falsified on a level that is difficult to believe. We in the West have been living far beyond our means and our currencies have been massively overvalued. We have been able to do this through two mechanisms:

The first one is the reserve status of the dollar and the semi-reserve status of the euro which have enabled the West to export digital money and receive goods in return. This has created enormous financial power for the West and enabled it to function as a parasite on the world economy. We have been getting a lot of goods for free, to put it mildly.

The second falsification mechanism is the increase in debt to a level where we have essentially pawned everything we own, including our houses and lands, to keep up our living standards. We own nothing now when the debt has been subtracted. The debt has long since become unserviceable – far beyond our ability to pay interests on – which explains why the interest rates in the West are in the neighborhood of zero. Any increase would make the debt unserviceable and we would all go formally bankrupt in a day.

(...)

What is about to happen

The panic of our owners and their politicians is understandable because we have come to the end of the line. We can no longer keep up our living standards by debt increase and parasitism. The debt is reaching beyond what we own as collateral and our currencies are about to become worthless. We will no longer be able to get free stuff from the rest of the world, or pay back our debt – let alone pay interest on it. The entire West is about to go bankrupt and our standard of living is about to go down by a massive percentage. This is what has our owners panicked and they see only two scenarios:

In the first scenario most countries in the West, and everything and everyone within them, declare bankruptcy and erase the debt by diktat – which sovereign states are able to do. This will also erase the wealth and political power of our owners.

In the second scenario, our owners take over the collateral during the bankruptcy. The collateral is us and everything we own.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out which scenario was chosen. The plan for the second scenario is ready and being implemented as we speak. It is called ‘The Great Reset’ and was constructed by the people behind the World Economic Forum. This plan is not a secret and can be examined to a certain degree on the WEF website.

The Great Reset is a mechanism for the seizing of all debt collateral which includes your assets, the assets of your city or municipality, the assets of your state, and most corporate assets not already held by our owners.

(...)

Russia, China, and other Independents

How do Russia and China, and the war in Ukraine, factor into all of this? Why all the pressure from the West throughout the years and why all this panic now? Part of the reason for the pressure on the Independents, particularly Russia and China, is simply that they have resisted western hegemony. That is enough for getting on the West’s naughty list. But why the increased pressure in recent years?

The reason is that Russia and China cannot be subjugated through bankruptcy and their assets harvested. They do not have much debt in western currencies which means that the people who own the West through debt do not currently own Russia and China (like they own the West and the indebted ‘third world’) and cannot acquire them through debt. The only way to acquire them is through regime change. Their governments must be weakened by any means, including economic sanctions and military means if necessary -thus the use of Ukraine as a battering ram for Russia and Taiwan for China.

Subjugating Russia and China is an existential issue for our Davos owners because when they take the western economy down, everything else must go down too. If the western economy is taken down and a large economic block doesn’t participate in the downfall, it will be a disaster for the West. The new block will gain massive economic power, and possibly unipolar hegemony of sorts, while the West descends into a feudal Dark Age and irrelevance. Therefore the entire world must go down for the Great Reset to work. Russia and China must be subjugated by any means, as well as India and other stubborn nations.

This is what has fueled the situation we now find ourselves in and will fuel the continuation of World War 3. The western owner-elites are going to war to keep their wealth and power. Everyone who resists must be subjugated so they can follow the West into the planned Great Reset Dark Age.

The reason for the current panic among western elites is that the Ukraine project isn’t going as planned. Instead of Russia being bled on the battlefield, it is Ukraine and the West that bleed. Instead of the Russian economy crashing resulting in Putin’s replacement by a Davos-compatible leader, it is the West’s economy that is crashing. Instead of Russia being isolated, it is the West that is being increasingly isolated. Noting is working, and to top it all off, Europe has given the Russians the means and motive to destroy the European economy by partly shutting down its industry. Without Russian resources, there is no European industry, and without industry, there are no taxes for paying for unemployment benefits, pensions, all the refugees, and pretty much everything else which holds European societies together. The Russians now have the ability to engineer an uncontrolled crash in Europe which is not what Davos planned. An uncontrolled crash might see Davos’s heads roll, literally, and that is causing fear and panic in elite circles. The only solution for them is to move on with World War 3 and hope for the best.

(...)

What to do

The Great Reset of the world economy is the direct cause of World War 3 – assuming that is what is going on. What can be done about this? From inside the West, little can be done. The only way is to somehow remove Davos from the equation, but that is most likely not going to happen for two reasons: The first one is that the Davos great resetters are too entwined in the western economy and politics. Davos is like an octopus with its arms and suckers inside every country’s elite circles, media, and government. They are too entrenched to be easily removed. The second reason is that the western population is too brainwashed and ignorant. The level of their brainwashing is such that a large part of them actually want to become poor – although they use the word ‘green’ for ‘poor’ because it sounds better. There are, however, some indications that there may be divisions within western elites. Some of them, particularly within the US, may be resisting the primarily Europe-designed Great Reset – but whether this opposition is real or effective remains to be seen.

However, outside the West, there are certain measures that can be taken and must be taken. Some of those measures are drastic and some of them are being done as we speak. Among the measures are the following:

The Independents, led by Russia, China, and India, must create a block to isolate themselves from the radioactive West. This isolation must not only be economic, but also political and social. Their economic systems must be divorced from the West and made autonomous. Their cultures and history must be defended against western influences and revisionism. This process appears to be underway.

The Independents must immediately ban all western sponsored institutions and NGOs in their countries, regardless of whether they are sponsored by western states or individuals. Furthermore, they must ban all media receiving western sponsorship and strip every school and university of western sponsorship and influence.

They must leave all international institutions up to and possibly including the United Nations because all international bodies are controlled by the West. They must then replace them with new institutions within their block.

They must, at some point, declare the dollar and the euro currencies non grata. That means that they should declare default on all debts denominated in these currencies, but not other debts. This will most likely come at a later stage but is inevitable.

This will create a situation where the West will descend into darkness without pulling others down with it – if we manage to escape the nuclear fire.
Let's wait and see...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5811
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:05 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:24 am
World War 3 for dummies
By Gaius Baltar
https://thesaker.is/world-war-3-for-dummies/

Some knowledgeable people, apparently including the Pope, are beginning to suspect that there may be more going on in the world than just the war in the Ukraine. They say that World War 3 has already started and things will get worse from now on. This can be difficult to determine while we are participating in the unfolding events and do not have the benefit of the historical perspective. It is doubtful that people back in 1939 realized that they were looking at the start of a major worldwide conflict, although some may have suspected it.

The current global situation is in many ways like a giant jigsaw puzzle where the general public only sees a tiny part of the complete picture. Most don’t even realize that there may be more pieces and don’t even ask these simple questions: Why is all this happening and why is it happening now?

Things are more complicated than most people realize. What they see is the evil wizard Vladimir Saruman Putin invading innocent Ukraine with his orc army – for absolutely no reason. This is a simplistic view, to say the least because nothing happens without a reason. Let’s put things in perspective and see what is really going on – and why the world is going crazy before our eyes. Let’s see what World War 3 is all about.

The pressure cooker

The West (which we can define here as the US and the EU and a few more) has been maintaining pressure on the entire world for decades. This does not only apply to countries outside the West, but also to Western countries which strayed from the diktats of the West’s rulers. This pressure has been discussed widely and attributed to all kinds of motives, including neocolonialism, forced financial hegemony, and so forth. What is interesting, particularly during the last 20 years, is which countries have been pressured and what they do not have in common.

Among the pressured countries we find Russia, China, Cuba, Venezuela, Libya, Syria, Serbia, Thailand, and Iran to mention a few. There have also been recent additions, including India and Hungary. In order to understand why they have been pressured, we need to find out what they have in common. That’s not easy since they are extremely different in most ways. There are democracies and non-democracies, conservative and communist governments, Christian, Muslim and Buddhist countries, and so on. Still, many of them are very clearly allied. One must ask why conservative and religious countries such as Russia or Iran would ally themselves with Godless communists in Cuba and Venezuela.

What all these countries have in common is their desire to run their own affairs; to be independent countries. This is unforgivable in the eyes of the West and must be tackled by any means necessary, including economic sanctions, color revolutions, and outright military aggression.

The West and its NATO military arm had surrounded Russia with hostile countries and military bases, armed and manipulated Ukraine to be used as a hammer against it, and employed sanctions and threats. The same thing was and is happening in Asia where China is being surrounded by all means available. The same applies to all the Independents mentioned above to some extent. In the past 10 years or so the pressure has increased massively on the Independents and it reached almost a fever pitch in the year before the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

During the year before the Ukraine war, the US sent its diplomats around the world to tune up the pressure. They were like a traveling circus or a rock band on a tour, but instead of entertainment, they delivered threats: buy this from us and do what we tell you or there will be consequences. The urgency was absolute and palpable, but then came the Ukraine war and the pressure went up to 11. During the first month of the war, the entire West’s diplomatic corps was fully engaged in threats against the ‘rest of the world’ to engineer the isolation of Russia. This didn’t work, which resulted in panic in political and diplomatic circles in the US and Europe.

All this pressure through the years, and all the fear and panic when it didn’t work, are clearly related to the events in the Ukraine. They are a part of the same ‘syndrome’ and have the same cause.

(...)

During the last few decades, the economy of the US and Europe has been falsified on a level that is difficult to believe. We in the West have been living far beyond our means and our currencies have been massively overvalued. We have been able to do this through two mechanisms:

The first one is the reserve status of the dollar and the semi-reserve status of the euro which have enabled the West to export digital money and receive goods in return. This has created enormous financial power for the West and enabled it to function as a parasite on the world economy. We have been getting a lot of goods for free, to put it mildly.

The second falsification mechanism is the increase in debt to a level where we have essentially pawned everything we own, including our houses and lands, to keep up our living standards. We own nothing now when the debt has been subtracted. The debt has long since become unserviceable – far beyond our ability to pay interests on – which explains why the interest rates in the West are in the neighborhood of zero. Any increase would make the debt unserviceable and we would all go formally bankrupt in a day.

(...)

What is about to happen

The panic of our owners and their politicians is understandable because we have come to the end of the line. We can no longer keep up our living standards by debt increase and parasitism. The debt is reaching beyond what we own as collateral and our currencies are about to become worthless. We will no longer be able to get free stuff from the rest of the world, or pay back our debt – let alone pay interest on it. The entire West is about to go bankrupt and our standard of living is about to go down by a massive percentage. This is what has our owners panicked and they see only two scenarios:

In the first scenario most countries in the West, and everything and everyone within them, declare bankruptcy and erase the debt by diktat – which sovereign states are able to do. This will also erase the wealth and political power of our owners.

In the second scenario, our owners take over the collateral during the bankruptcy. The collateral is us and everything we own.

It doesn’t take a genius to figure out which scenario was chosen. The plan for the second scenario is ready and being implemented as we speak. It is called ‘The Great Reset’ and was constructed by the people behind the World Economic Forum. This plan is not a secret and can be examined to a certain degree on the WEF website.

The Great Reset is a mechanism for the seizing of all debt collateral which includes your assets, the assets of your city or municipality, the assets of your state, and most corporate assets not already held by our owners.

(...)

Russia, China, and other Independents

How do Russia and China, and the war in Ukraine, factor into all of this? Why all the pressure from the West throughout the years and why all this panic now? Part of the reason for the pressure on the Independents, particularly Russia and China, is simply that they have resisted western hegemony. That is enough for getting on the West’s naughty list. But why the increased pressure in recent years?

The reason is that Russia and China cannot be subjugated through bankruptcy and their assets harvested. They do not have much debt in western currencies which means that the people who own the West through debt do not currently own Russia and China (like they own the West and the indebted ‘third world’) and cannot acquire them through debt. The only way to acquire them is through regime change. Their governments must be weakened by any means, including economic sanctions and military means if necessary -thus the use of Ukraine as a battering ram for Russia and Taiwan for China.

Subjugating Russia and China is an existential issue for our Davos owners because when they take the western economy down, everything else must go down too. If the western economy is taken down and a large economic block doesn’t participate in the downfall, it will be a disaster for the West. The new block will gain massive economic power, and possibly unipolar hegemony of sorts, while the West descends into a feudal Dark Age and irrelevance. Therefore the entire world must go down for the Great Reset to work. Russia and China must be subjugated by any means, as well as India and other stubborn nations.

This is what has fueled the situation we now find ourselves in and will fuel the continuation of World War 3. The western owner-elites are going to war to keep their wealth and power. Everyone who resists must be subjugated so they can follow the West into the planned Great Reset Dark Age.

The reason for the current panic among western elites is that the Ukraine project isn’t going as planned. Instead of Russia being bled on the battlefield, it is Ukraine and the West that bleed. Instead of the Russian economy crashing resulting in Putin’s replacement by a Davos-compatible leader, it is the West’s economy that is crashing. Instead of Russia being isolated, it is the West that is being increasingly isolated. Noting is working, and to top it all off, Europe has given the Russians the means and motive to destroy the European economy by partly shutting down its industry. Without Russian resources, there is no European industry, and without industry, there are no taxes for paying for unemployment benefits, pensions, all the refugees, and pretty much everything else which holds European societies together. The Russians now have the ability to engineer an uncontrolled crash in Europe which is not what Davos planned. An uncontrolled crash might see Davos’s heads roll, literally, and that is causing fear and panic in elite circles. The only solution for them is to move on with World War 3 and hope for the best.

(...)

What to do

The Great Reset of the world economy is the direct cause of World War 3 – assuming that is what is going on. What can be done about this? From inside the West, little can be done. The only way is to somehow remove Davos from the equation, but that is most likely not going to happen for two reasons: The first one is that the Davos great resetters are too entwined in the western economy and politics. Davos is like an octopus with its arms and suckers inside every country’s elite circles, media, and government. They are too entrenched to be easily removed. The second reason is that the western population is too brainwashed and ignorant. The level of their brainwashing is such that a large part of them actually want to become poor – although they use the word ‘green’ for ‘poor’ because it sounds better. There are, however, some indications that there may be divisions within western elites. Some of them, particularly within the US, may be resisting the primarily Europe-designed Great Reset – but whether this opposition is real or effective remains to be seen.

However, outside the West, there are certain measures that can be taken and must be taken. Some of those measures are drastic and some of them are being done as we speak. Among the measures are the following:

The Independents, led by Russia, China, and India, must create a block to isolate themselves from the radioactive West. This isolation must not only be economic, but also political and social. Their economic systems must be divorced from the West and made autonomous. Their cultures and history must be defended against western influences and revisionism. This process appears to be underway.

The Independents must immediately ban all western sponsored institutions and NGOs in their countries, regardless of whether they are sponsored by western states or individuals. Furthermore, they must ban all media receiving western sponsorship and strip every school and university of western sponsorship and influence.

They must leave all international institutions up to and possibly including the United Nations because all international bodies are controlled by the West. They must then replace them with new institutions within their block.

They must, at some point, declare the dollar and the euro currencies non grata. That means that they should declare default on all debts denominated in these currencies, but not other debts. This will most likely come at a later stage but is inevitable.

This will create a situation where the West will descend into darkness without pulling others down with it – if we manage to escape the nuclear fire.
Let's wait and see...
Utter rubbish.
The Imp :D

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:05 am
Utter rubbish.
Of course, since that site is part of the Kremlin's vast network of desinformatsiya.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7809
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:05 am
Utter rubbish.
Of course, since that site is part of the Kremlin's vast network of desinformatsiya.
Desinformation is everything you would rather not be true because it goes against your misconceptions...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:05 am
Utter rubbish.
Of course, since that site is part of the Kremlin's vast network of desinformatsiya.
Desinformation is everything you would rather not be true because it goes against your misconceptions...
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."

Desinformatsiya is everything that is literally written by employees of the Russian state, which is 90% of what you post. I've told you repeatedly that if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to do better than that, but you can't.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8614
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:38 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Desinformatsiya is everything that is literally written by employees of the Russian state, which is 90% of what you post. I've told you repeatedly that if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to do better than that, but you can't.
Sertorio sees empire where I and others can see only a mutually beneficial alliance system.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7809
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:00 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:05 am
Utter rubbish.
Of course, since that site is part of the Kremlin's vast network of desinformatsiya.
Desinformation is everything you would rather not be true because it goes against your misconceptions...
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."

Desinformatsiya is everything that is literally written by employees of the Russian state, which is 90% of what you post. I've told you repeatedly that if you want to be taken seriously you'll have to do better than that, but you can't.
When a smart person like yourself systematically only sees evil in a country like Russia and its leader Putin, it's because you cannot face a country other than the US having any influence in the world. Objectively Russia is no worse than most countries and Putin is no more evil than any political leader. Blaming them for everything which is bad is an act of irrationality. Russia may have started a war, but if that is enough to make it a creature of the devil, how do you classify the US? What you cannot stand is the fact that Russia - and China - are putting an end to the Anglo hegemony. You were feeling very comfortable with the world having to obey you and serve your interests. Whether you realize it or not, you believe in the American exceptionalism and feel that the rest of the world owes obedience to such a superior people. Well, the dream is just about finished, and the world is freeing itself from the Anglo tyranny.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:38 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
When a smart person like yourself systematically only sees evil in a country like Russia and its leader Putin, it's because you cannot face a country other than the US having any influence in the world.
This is false.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Objectively Russia is no worse than most countries and Putin is no more evil than any political leader.
This is false.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Blaming them for everything which is bad is an act of irrationality. Russia may have started a war, but if that is enough to make it a creature of the devil, how do you classify the US?
I classify it similarly. That's why I say things like that in a just world, George W. Bush and Vladimir Putin would be sharing a cell in The Hague.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
What you cannot stand is the fact that Russia - and China - are putting an end to the Anglo hegemony. You were feeling very comfortable with the world having to obey you and serve your interests.
So, first you come up with a straw man for what some hypothetical average American out of 330 million people thinks, and then you try to hang it on me? Come on, you're not even trying.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Whether you realize it or not, you believe in the American exceptionalism and feel that the rest of the world owes obedience to such a superior people. Well, the dream is just about finished, and the world is freeing itself from the Anglo tyranny.
I get it, you wanted to end your rant with something that sounds punchy, but anyone who's read what I've said here over the years -- including you, I believe -- knows how ridiculous that is.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7809
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:04 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:38 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
When a smart person like yourself systematically only sees evil in a country like Russia and its leader Putin, it's because you cannot face a country other than the US having any influence in the world.
This is false.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Objectively Russia is no worse than most countries and Putin is no more evil than any political leader.
This is false.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Blaming them for everything which is bad is an act of irrationality. Russia may have started a war, but if that is enough to make it a creature of the devil, how do you classify the US?
I classify it similarly. That's why I say things like that in a just world, George W. Bush and Vladimir Putin would be sharing a cell in The Hague.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
What you cannot stand is the fact that Russia - and China - are putting an end to the Anglo hegemony. You were feeling very comfortable with the world having to obey you and serve your interests.
So, first you come up with a straw man for what some hypothetical average American out of 330 million people thinks, and then you try to hang it on me? Come on, you're not even trying.
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:48 pm
Whether you realize it or not, you believe in the American exceptionalism and feel that the rest of the world owes obedience to such a superior people. Well, the dream is just about finished, and the world is freeing itself from the Anglo tyranny.
I get it, you wanted to end your rant with something that sounds punchy, but anyone who's read what I've said here over the years -- including you, I believe -- knows how ridiculous that is.
Your focus on Russia and Putin as the epitomes of evil, without spending one second criticizing the US and its policies in respect of the rest of the world is enough evidence of what moves you. Your unwillingness to recognize that the US pushed the Ukraine into an unacceptable provocation of Russia shows how ideological your blindness is.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3526
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: The Fall of the Anglo Empire

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:38 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:04 am
Your focus on Russia and Putin as the epitomes of evil, without spending one second criticizing the US and its policies in respect of the rest of the world is enough evidence of what moves you. Your unwillingness to recognize that the US pushed the Ukraine into an unacceptable provocation of Russia shows how ideological your blindness is.
I have repeatedly condemned US policymakers for their military interventionism and their human rights abuses, and you and everyone else here knows it.

Stop pretending you don't know this about me; it just makes you look senile.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Post Reply