Re: Australia aiming to build its own unmanned subs

Post by Sertorio » Thu May 12, 2022 9:16 am

Milo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am
Milo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

I think the concerns that automation is going to kill corporate employment may be misplaced. I think the biggest imminent jobs threat by automation will come in the form of drones replacing a huge number of military jobs!
When that happens, cities and civilians will again become the targets in any war, as countries will surrender only when the enemy hurts them bad. Destroying drones does not cause enough pain...
"again become the targets”? When did that stop?
Just "collateral damage"...

neverfail

Re: Australia aiming to build its own unmanned subs

Post by neverfail » Thu May 12, 2022 3:28 pm

Milo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:10 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 9:03 am
Milo wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

I think the concerns that automation is going to kill corporate employment may be misplaced. I think the biggest imminent jobs threat by automation will come in the form of drones replacing a huge number of military jobs!
When that happens, cities and civilians will again become the targets in any war, as countries will surrender only when the enemy hurts them bad. Destroying drones does not cause enough pain...
"again become the targets”? When did that stop?
Exactly! What we do to the enemy the enemy can likewise do to us. despite this I believe that my country should still arm itself to the teeth to deter the enemy from even thinking of aggression against us.

"If you want peace, prepare for war."