One of the greatest political speeches of our lifetime

Discussion of current events
Doc

One of the greatest political speeches of our lifetime

Post by Doc » Sun May 08, 2022 9:58 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Re: One of the greatest political speeches of our lifetime

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 2:58 am

Doc wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:58 pm
For those who liked Trump in the Presidency, admiring a clown is nothing new...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon May 09, 2022 3:24 am

Doc wrote:
Great speech equating the evil of nazism and the evil of putinism. But Sertorio supports Putin's evil.
The Imp :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 4:31 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:58 am
Doc wrote:
For those who liked Trump in the Presidency, admiring a clown is nothing new...
From those that blindly love PUTIN and Xi the above statement is no surprise. It is a great political speech that captures the mood. Putin said he invaded Ukraine to fight Nazism. It plainly makes the case that Putin is Hitler. Q) "Will fascism ever return?" A) "Yes, and it will be called anti-fascism"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 4:34 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:24 am
Doc wrote:
Great speech equating the evil of nazism and the evil of putinism. But Sertorio supports Putin's evil.
Zelenski does a great job of reminding Europe how evil the Nazis were. He touched all the bases. And did it quite well. Right up there with Kennedy's and Reagan's Berlin Wall speeches.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 4:52 am

Doc wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:34 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 3:24 am
Doc wrote:
Zelenski does a great job of reminding Europe how evil the Nazis were. He touched all the bases. And did it quite well. Right up there with Kennedy's and Reagan's Berlin Wall speeches.
In a few years time when anybody mentions Zelensky, the reaction will be: Ze who?...Oh the guy who destroyed the Ukraine in order to being of service to the US?...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon May 09, 2022 6:32 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 4:52 am
In a few years time when anybody mentions Zelensky, the reaction will be: Ze who?...Oh the guy who destroyed the Ukraine in order to being of service to the US?...
If you truly believe that, it's time for you to get off your computer and go touch grass.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 6:42 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:32 am
Sertorio wrote:
If you truly believe that, it's time for you to get off your computer and go touch grass.
To start with, Russia had wanted the guarantee that the Ukraine would never join NATO, Ukraine's negotiation with the Donbass (Minsk agreement) in order to obtain an autonomous status for the Donbass within the Ukraine, and recognition of Russia's sovereignty over Crimea. Had Zelensky agreed to that there wouldn't have been a war. Once Zelensky refused these demands, the war started and as a result we have widespread destruction of cities, destruction of much of the economy, death of thousands of Ukrainians, and the very probable division of the Ukraine in two. In other words, Zelensky caused the destruction of his country. What for? To serve the US interests. So, my above statement is absolutely correct. Zelensky is indeed the guy who destroyed the Ukraine to be of service to the US. Prove that I am wrong, if you can...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon May 09, 2022 6:57 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:42 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
To start with, Russia had wanted the guarantee that the Ukraine would never join NATO, Ukraine's negotiation with the Donbass (Minsk agreement) in order to obtain an autonomous status for the Donbass within the Ukraine, and recognition of Russia's sovereignty over Crimea. Had Zelensky agreed to that there wouldn't have been a war. Once Zelensky refused these demands, the war started and as a result we have widespread destruction of cities, destruction of much of the economy, death of thousands of Ukrainians, and the very probable division of the Ukraine in two. In other words, Zelensky caused the destruction of his country. What for? To serve the US interests. So, my above statement is absolutely correct. Zelensky is indeed the guy who destroyed the Ukraine to be of service to the US. Prove that I am wrong, if you can...
Zelensky may be seen by history as a brave guy who saved his country from Russian conquest and destruction. He galvanized his people to iight against a pweful foe and gave the foe a bloody nose. We still don't know who thte ultimae victor will be. If it is Ukraine, this war will be seen as a David vs Goliath affair.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 8:47 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:57 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:42 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Zelensky may be seen by history as a brave guy who saved his country from Russian conquest and destruction. He galvanized his people to iight against a pweful foe and gave the foe a bloody nose. We still don't know who thte ultimae victor will be. If it is Ukraine, this war will be seen as a David vs Goliath affair.
Cass, I never thought of the Chinese as being naive. Of course Zelensky caused the Ukraine to be attacked by Russia, and therefore is the source of Ukraine's disaster. Of course there is no way the Ukraine can avoid being defeated by Russia. In real life Goliath always destroys David. Particularly when David besides being weaker is also dumber...Why in heavens you try to convince yourself otherwise escapes my understanding...